Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Help me reach a decision

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Help me reach a decision Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who better fit to answer this question than all of the Suikoden fans. All of you who have more right than any other person to do this, and also the option of leading me through the path you think is the correct one. When I finish the Suikoden game I'm currently on, I have both one and two. I am undecided as to which one I should pick to play first. They are both at my house, I just want to know in what order should I play these in order to enlarge my Suikoden enjoyment.

If this is out of place then feel free to show your dislike and if many poeple are against this, I will do something about it.
If not, then plase tell me which one I should play first and your reason why.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

which suikoden game are you playing now?

in my opinion it would be best to play suikoden I first and then go ahead to play Suikoden II. As if you upload a save file from Suikoden I onto the new suikoden II game you get added bonuses which is always a plus.

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in agreement, I'd play Suikoden I and then play II. They actually flow pretty well together, and you might miss some of the nostalgia of II if you play it first without playing I. The saved data transfer is also a pretty good reason too, I'd say. Go with I ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you never played them before, go I and then II. but if you have played them before doesn't really matter.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like others have said, playing one and then two, allows you to upload the save data of one when you first play two, giving you lots of extra lines and the like. It also lets you access a secret character which in my opinion is one of the strongest in the game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously you have to play 1 first then 2 afterwards because of the story and bonuses PLUS the fact that 1 has poorer graphics as opposed to 2. After you complete 1, playing 2 would make you appreciate the effort placed to each improvement of the character and environment design...
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definetely one and then two, because this allows you to experience two fully with all the goodies and what not. Besides, it works in terms of the timeline.

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Play Suikoden I first. Why? You can upload your finished saved game from Suikoden I into Sukoden II to get extra goodies. Also, there are characters in Suikoden II that made thier first appearance in Suikoden I. Playing I first will give you some more background about them once you play II. So, defenitely I first.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Like others have said, playing one and then two, allows you to upload the save data of one when you first play two, giving you lots of extra lines and the like. It also lets you access a secret character which in my opinion is one of the strongest in the game.

don't forget if you give humphrey the windsprun armor and tir the master grab, they carry over to II when you upload the data.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently weapons and levels also go across, don't forget the Silver Hat and Master Garb on Tir (That seems to carry over). But as eaveryone says 1 then 2, so you can load the optionfile to get the rewards.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had thought about the graphics part, and about the game data factors. It's just that I had been told that supposedly, the timeline is different than the numbers of the games.

But everyone is in agreement, I will play Suikoden 1 first. Now I'm just dying to get my calculus over with so I can get on with them.
Thanksfor giving me your opinions.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The timeline goes Suikoden 4 - Suikoden 5 - Suikoden 1 -Suikoden 2 - Suikoden 3

I'd have advised playing One, then Two, then Three if only so you can upload the game saves and get the additional content.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Creepr, has decided! It is Suikoden I to be played first. Have fun!

This thread has served its purpose.

- closed -
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: