Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (an anime)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (an anime) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So....the other day I was surfing *unnamed* website for new anime this season and I came across this series called Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

With my minimal knowledge of Japanese words of course I only could make out Sayonara and Sensei - Goodbye and Teacher
I went and looked up a description on said show
Quote:
Itoshiki Nozomu is the world's most negative person. To his way of thinking, there is no hope or meaning in this existence. Even the three kanji of his name become the two-kanji word zetsubou, "despair", when compressed. What an ironic twist of fate, then, that he becomes teacher to a class containing his precise opposite, the invincibly positive-minded Fuura Kafuka.

So I check it out.
Enter a teacher who uses the most random reasons as an excuse to commit suicide. Enter the most extremely optimistic girl ever...who happens to be his student.
Besides this extremely optimistic girl there are other "extremist" in their class such as an extreme stalker, a student who communicates strictly through text messaging, and this other student who...well...I describe her as having an extremely obsessive compulsive disorder...though I'm not sure that's that's not the most accurate term to use for her.

It's a really funny series and I highly reccomend it to people who want an anime to laugh at amoung other's they're watching now.

So anyone else has watched the series? :mrgreen:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My friend was ranting about this a couple weeks ago. I havent checked it out yet though.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like something that's right up my alley. I do so love my high school comedies, and this one sounds like it's got a nice amount of insane characters in it. I'll give it a look when I go back to work perhaps.

~Uguu!~
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds good! I'll have a look for it!
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds amazing, I'm going to go look it up right now :mrgreen:

EDIT: I've now seen three episodes, and this anime is amazing. I love the art style and all of the characters so far. This beats all other Slice of life anime I've seen so far, even Azumanga Diaoh and Lucky Star, but maybe that's just me. Hopefully the series stays this good.

Anyone know how long this series is planned to be? (12 or 24 episodes?)

Last edited by Keriaku on Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's pretty freaking funny. The ending song is pretty swanky too on top of that.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sounds ok for me. i think i will have a look om it.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, can this be categorized into a black comedy like Welcome to the NHK! or is it just a comedy with a slightly morbid theme (the suicidal tendency and all)? Having watched a train of serious animations, I am in need of a purely comedic anime without the depressive mood which NHK carries.

On other note, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei seems to also have pop culture/parody elements in it, huh? There seem to be a lot of those this season, with Lucky Star and Hayate no Gotoku still running...

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

err....I've never seen NHK....so I'm not sure exactly how to describe/compare it's comedic aspect.
Though I don't think it's really "morbid comedy" so to speak...
it's like...uh.....usually when there's a funny moment in it I sort of think to myself "wow....I never thought of it that way" or..."wow...that was so lame that it's funny" ?

ahh I'm not good at describing it...it's better to check it out yourself

As far as the pop culture/parody elements....When I first started watching it there wasn't any that I noticed...but suddenly in one episode there was a ton of em and they were so blatently obvious XD
Maybe I was too dense to notice them in the other episodes? I dunno xD

Keriaku wrote:
Anyone know how long this series is planned to be? (12 or 24 episodes?)
I read somewhere it's 12 episodes long...that could always change last minute though =x

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darn, I was hoping for more >___<
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched a number of the episodes of this anime, and I really like it. It's made by someone who's really well-read on Japanese literature for sure, because I see references to them in almost all of the episodes I've seen. There have also been strange references to sensational events in the past which only people who grew up in the 80s or the 70s would know (which also happens a lot in Lucky Star), so the anime seems to be geared towards people who are in their 30s and 40s as well.

They sure to poke fun at current events in Japan as well, and I like how they satirize certain cultural norms. There's a nice amount of depth to this series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: