Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

RPG Maker 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: RPG Maker 2003 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would anyone be willing to teach me how to do events stuff? :( I've been reading all the tutorials that I can find but I can't seem to understand basic stuff, like what switches and variables, are...I just need to know how to get started I'll be fine. This is distressing, and ruins my plans to make my own rpg :( Let me ask you questions, or direct me to an RPG Maker for Dummies because I am having a hard time and it makes me sad. I reeeeeally want to work on this...
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

topic moved to appropriate forum; please post game related issues in the gaming forum from now on-thanks.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oops...ah I hate being new. Sorry!
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not a problem; it happens, and isn't really that big of an issue, unless a person does it repeatedly.

no harm, no foul this round.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're reffering to the 'RPG Maker 2' game, it's really not that great(infact I've heard it's terrible when compared to the first... but I can't judgement)... I never got it so I can't help you there, but I can offer you some advice. Your best bet is to try to find the original 'RPG Maker' that game is pretty brilliant. ^^ Although it's tough to get.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno what the difference is, I had two versions on my comp and am working with the most recent one...there's just so much to it. :(
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe there is already an RPG maker thread but either way the best place for this thing are RPG maker communities which are easily found via google. I could help explain some stuff myself but I think it'd be easier for you to just look at some already made guides about the events. If you like you can add me to MSN and I'll send you some of the little things I found. I'll post some links when I have time since I'm kind of in a hurry now.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure, Black Fang, if you don't mind. I've been looking at tutorials, as I have mentioned but they all elaborate on one thing or another...which is usually the thing opposite to what I want explained >> Like, I find that guides tell me what to do, but they don't explain the foundation that that is based on, clearly enough, to proceed and make sense of it. The guide that is built into RPG Maker 2003 is so choppy and out of order that it's hard to jump back and forth between explanations to make sense of what I'm reading.

Thanks for reminding me about that thread, hehe, I'll have a looksy for it down the page (silly me).
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to make games too!!!! I can actually make character art for them as well! It'll be so much fun! XD I wondr if i can still find the original RPG Maker. I'm gonna try to make one nd let all of ou try it....

acid_brain

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found out about RPG-maker 2003 one day when I was messing around on the internet. I own neither and I have played only the 2000 version, so I was wondering, what is the 2003 version like? I heard it is a very time-consuming game to play. Would you guys recommend it?
Spirit Crusher

Thasher From Hell

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey man, i had both rpg makers... to get started, i reccomend starting with rpg maker 2000 since it's way easier, but the good thing about rpg maker 2003 is that the characters can actually move in battle, the have animations and stuff so that's pretty cool, about switches and variables... haha, yeah i had ahard time myself trying to understand, but it's actualy really easy! look, thing of a switch as an action trigger, for example.. if you want to make a certain event in the game where you need to find.. let's see... let's say a "magical turd" hahaha to acces a sealed magical turd door, you must make the item "magical turd" and and make the map for the place you want to enter with it. The thing is, that you have to make a switch so that as soon as you find this magical turd, you will be able to acces the place . and variables are used to define quantities, like for example, let's say your in a dungeon, and you encounter 10 monsters, and you have to kill them all to open a door to the next section of the dungeon, you have to make a variable of 10 monsters and a switch that will open a doo once you defeat all 10 monsters... Well it's pretty hard to explain through here, specially since i no longer have the rpg maker, but i still remmeber, i've made like 5 games or so.. well if you want you can add me to your messenger and i'll teac you ste by step! Yeah, i have spare time so don't worry! hahah okay, hope you understood something ... any doubts, just pm me or add me to messenger dude, i'll be glad to help you on your game..... Have fun!

PS: If you already know how to use switches and variables, then send me a copy of your game! i'd love to see how it's doing!

Later!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: