Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Friday the 13th (Michael Bay)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Friday the 13th (Michael Bay) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jason would totally beat Michael, for the record :*laugh*: Well, after reading the thread for the new Halloween movie, i did some searching for his Crystal Lake pal, and found some delightful news.

Friday the 13th in works

Not the most informative, edge of your seat stuff, but it seems it will definitely be done. I'm very interested to see what they do with it. Hopefully it will be very far far away from the mistakes that was Jason X. Do you think they will go back to the beginning liek Halloween did? Do you think Bay is a good choice?

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will believe it when i see more concrete information.......

And ANYTHING would be better than Jason X
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldy wrote:
I will believe it when i see more concrete information.......

And ANYTHING would be better than Jason X

Correction. Jason in the Hood would be worse. It just be filled with cheesey gangsta one liners. Let's pray they dont continue the "Leprechaun" route :*laugh*:

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will watch it when it comes out, but my anticipation for this one is considerably less than for Rob Zombie's Halloween. But then I never really got into the Friday the 13th franchise. It always seemed to be a seriously bad knockoff of Halloween.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Warning, this post might contain spoilers. I will not be held responsible if you decide to claw your eyes out after reading it.

Ah, Friday 13th was quite good actually. The sequels were pretty poor (getting worse with each movie) but that's not solely related to the Friday 13th franchise. I think Jason's mum was quite damn spooky as the killer (it was that smile!) and if they hadn't added Jason coming out of the water at the end, it would've worked nicely.

Kevin Bacon getting harpooned in the throat from beneath the bed got me checking under my matress for weeks after my first viewing.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Kevin Bacon getting harpooned in the throat from beneath the bed got me checking under my matress for weeks after my first viewing.

I used to do that when I was young after every horror movie I watch before I go to bed. I also end up tucking in the sides and bottom of my blanket around me in addition to grabbing extra pillows to create a wall of defensive fluffiness around me.

Ahh, to be young and scared out of one's mind because of a horror movie. Those were the days.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't trust a dog for such a long time after watching The Thing when I was really young. Perhaps it was because my dad wouldn't let me finish the movie so I never saw it die at the end, hence it was "still out there". That movie probably scared me the most out of any movie I ever watched in my youth.

I still get terrified these days when I watch movies though. Things like Kanagroo Jack and The Pacifier.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I didn't trust a dog for such a long time after watching The Thing when I was really young. Perhaps it was because my dad wouldn't let me finish the movie so I never saw it die at the end, hence it was "still out there". That movie probably scared me the most out of any movie I ever watched in my youth.

You now know what happened to the dog right? I was like you in my first experience with that movie. The moment the Husky suddenly went all hentai-tentacle in a heartbeat my parent turned off the VCR. I was quite scared for weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: