Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I hate Charity (If only a little)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Extra credit? No no no, they put it under Projects, which is like 10% of your total grade. No extra credit, it's just "okay class, by next week you should've filled your bottles off their asses with coins to donate to the poor else no report card for you!"

But yes, welcome to the Philippines, where charity is required and divorce is still illegal, so keep your hands in the ride at all times!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man that sucks, I like Charity and all but I still think people should always have the right to say "go to hell, I got my own problems!" there have been times where I literally have no money to give and Im walking home. Besides and entire water bottle full of 25c Im gonna assume thats the same as a 25pence peice over here. I dont know where you get the cash from? I would'nt be able to have lunch for weeks, probably months with that BS system.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How I get it?

It's simple, if I actually save money on bills and/or coins I have to troop off to the bank and go home carrying a sackload of them. It's rare for me to get 25c since I don't buy much stuff which have centavos in currency (it's usually just the main currency, like 24 pesos or 102 so if there was change it'd be in peso coins). Then I have to strenously count it by 4 (so that's one peso) and put them in it by four so I can know how much the total value is.

And yes, it's pretty much what you guys would call a 25 pence piece, albeit having different values if one were to convert it to another currency.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well when I went to school I got 3 pound a day. so 15 25p peices. It cost 1 pound to get the bus to school and back and about 1 pound just for a sandwhich becuase my school were rip-off merchants. So I would have to save a long time and thats only if I decided I wanted to eat or not walk 2 miles.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
Extra credit? No no no, they put it under Projects, which is like 10% of your total grade. No extra credit, it's just "okay class, by next week you should've filled your bottles off their asses with coins to donate to the poor else no report card for you!"

But yes, welcome to the Philippines, where charity is required and divorce is still illegal, so keep your hands in the ride at all times!

Well, if you got divorced, then there goes half your....water bottle! So that be kinda bad! :*laugh*:

"She got half my water bottle of money, and the dog!" I have to laugh at this fictional scenario.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
Well, if you got divorced, then there goes half your....water bottle! So that be kinda bad! :*laugh*:

"She got half my water bottle of money, and the dog!" I have to laugh at this fictional scenario.

lol, this made me laugh. Oh well Im out of high school now!

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, I don't really like charities, nor what they represent. I don't believe in giving handouts to people and I think they should have to pull themselves up from whatever problems they may have. And before the outraged cry of "You don't know what it's like! You've never had to suffer like them!" comes out, I've lived out of my car for awhile. I lived off of 1 package of 10 cent ramen a day. I got out of it by getting employed and being a productive member of society. Charity just makes the bulk of people lazy and gives them no motivation to strive for more. Going hungry for awhile sure does fix that in a hurry.

Now, this isn't to say that I don't give money to them, but I only do so to feed my superiority complex. Giving to charity gives me the right to look upon those being helped with my money with scorn and contempt. If that's that "feeling good about yourself" part that they emphasize you get when you donate to charity, then I guess they're right.

Also, since when does the CEO of these charities need over a half a million dollars in salary? I'm looking at you, Red Cross. Stop being hypocritical and do the job for free. Donate your time to the charity. Ok, so they should get paid something, but over $600,000? No way in hell. Give em $60,000 and tell them to be damn thankful they're getting that much. If they don't like it, they can work for $20,000. Charities are scum.

~Uguu!~
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
To be honest, I don't really like charities, nor what they represent. I don't believe in giving handouts to people and I think they should have to pull themselves up from whatever problems they may have. And before the outraged cry of "You don't know what it's like! You've never had to suffer like them!" comes out, I've lived out of my car for awhile. I lived off of 1 package of 10 cent ramen a day. I got out of it by getting employed and being a productive member of society. Charity just makes the bulk of people lazy and gives them no motivation to strive for more. Going hungry for awhile sure does fix that in a hurry.

As someone who's been in the same situation as you, I agree. I always had trouble taking flat out charity. Sure, if a friend wanted to treat me to lunch, I was okay with it. I was good company, and they were just looking out for me. But the church once came with a basket of stuff, and I refused to take it. I insisted that it would serve someone better, but they wouldn't listen. I guess everyone else who needed it more were taken care of...so I swallowed my pride. I knew it was hard for my mom too, but she was fighting to support us. I will now take the time to say dad's who don't pay child support and/or try to kill their son suck. Suck real bad. But if you get too accustomed to charity, and swallow your pride too much....then there goes that pride, ya know? Everyone deserves a helping hand here and there, but becoming accustomed to hand outs is never good.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone deserves a helping hand, not to be spoonfed that help simply because they decided to 'go public' to a charity organisation.

While I was going to TAFE you could spot the homeless people, and at least the pathetic ones as they would set up shop and camp right outside of ATM's and badger anyone who approached them for change or withdraw extra. At first it was humorous as the particular branch I went to was just across from the cop shop, so I'd constantly see the boys in blue step across the homeless start arguing their life's worth. However I at least stopped going to that branch when one decided to follow me to my TAFE, not a clever guy, but he had balls I gave him that much. So that crossed the local homeless people off my list of prospective 'yeah I might not shove you out of the way and instead side step you' thing. But the free range, my god suddenly having to duck for cover as one guy disrupts the entire sidewalk to start begging for cash and cornering poor people outside of shop doors, fuck the beggers is all I can say after that, bitch me out for tell him where to go.

Charities, the only redeeming factor about them to me is that they're less physically threatening. Sure I've been approached by many a woman who've perked out their chests and batted their lashes at me. They only got as far as the street corner before I started asking for what people would pay for her and she promptly buggered off and they promptly left me the hell alone. Anyone going to the point of filling quotas, selecting people based on some sort of 'study' (yeah hi there we're only attempting to get money off 20 to 30 year olds because our grandmas and milfs are out knitting and watching soccer!) can rot for all I care. Which leaves very little actual charities who I simply helped out with manual labour in my area when they needed it.

But then again I'm a hardass when it comes to the needy.

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, I always think there should be other things which can be done instead of paying cash to the charities. I don't mind volunteering sometimes to help people out, but on the topic of homeless people..

I really dislike them most of the time. In Melbourne, there are a few who constantly ask people for a cigarette or maybe for a few dollars, and I'm like "DUDE! I see you here everyday! A cigarette isn't going to solve your freakin' problem! Nor are the few dollars you use to buy cigarettes!"

But yeah, that's just me. I'm not giving anyone free money!

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Not just ain the philippines but every filipino school
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: