Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sensitivity
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
I cried after Ultraviolet when I realized I probably wasn't going to get my money back.

Hahahahaha, very true.

A warning to all men:

If you are spending time with a girl, and you have any interest, watch out that you don't get "Notebook'd". That is when a girl asks you to watch the Notebook with her, and because you have a soul, you break down crying at the end. It's my belief that if you are moderately emotional, know what sympathy is, you will cry. It's like watching your grandparents die (granted they arent mean)

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I cried watching United 93 - I have never been so moved in a long time. Lader 49 nearly brought me to tears as well, so perhaps I have something for films with numbers in the title?

Be very careful of Rush Hour 3!!

As for me, in general, I'm teary during certain moments. Lots of movies have those "moments" that I had tears in my eyes. But I've never really cried like nuts either. So it's very easy to make my eyes wet, but it's a whole different matter to make me fully cry.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit too sensitive for my taste even though it doesn't necessarily come out through my posts. But, despite all that, my emotions are kinda screwed up in a way. If I cry, it's usually over something like a death in the family and it generally only lasts until I've gotten over the initial shock, thus I've actually been unable to shed tears at a funeral.

Therefore, while I can either feel really good or really bad for the characters in a movie, I very rarely (if ever) shed tears of joy or sadness over them. I'll also see people raving about how hilarious a clip is, but when I watch it, I'll often wonder what was so ROFLMAO about it. There was, of course, this one time not too long ago when an MSN contact quoted some misheard lyrics for a Queen song which made me laugh so hard that tears were blurring my vision.

All in all, I don't view sensitivity as a bad thing, but it's not such a black and white issue. Essentially, it's not a bad thing if you don't let sensitivity rule you, but a lack of sensitivity could have the effect of making people think you're cold and uncaring.

Does anybody else think that the above almost sounds like the character of Gregory House from House, MD?
malizeron

2607 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what I am really. I wouldn't call my self sensitive, but I'm not unemotional either. The only real emotions that I have are happiness, anger, and pain. I 'm happy most of the time, (I think), I 'm very quick to anger, but I get over it really fast, and I'm a wimp. I cry when I'm in pain.- -;
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alot of really good touchy stuff makes me cry...I can't decribe it beyond it being usually dramatic stuff.

I am probably more 'sensitive' than most people I know but I believe it's a healthy thing to be able to let your feelings flow out so easily. "Cry as loud as you want. Laugh as loud as you want" I say :D

In terms of movies specifically...I'm under the belief that a movie isn't a good enough movie unless it can make you cry....(well of course I'm sort of not counting comedys and action fliks when I say that...although both comedys and action fliks can bring you to tears too :*laugh*: )

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not cried after or during a movie in a long time, but I am not very sensitive or a very emotional guy for that matter. I would be considered most definately a repressive person as I never show emotion for the most part which is weird I guess since by most I would be considered emo since I completly look the part.

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cry a lot. Especially at mushy cartoons. They are just so sickening, you would cry too.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would add an amendment to my above statement:
The tireder or sicker I am, the more I cry. Right now anything could make me cry. I tend to get choked up less if I'm not exhausted or angry when I go to a movie or read a book.
Today I was reading The Seeress of Kell, which is the last book in an excellent series penned by David Eddings, and I got all teary-eyed at the goodbye scene at the end. Granted it's a great scene, but it certainly doesn't have the emotional impact of say--the end of the Return of the King, which causes me to sob like I'm loosing my best friend no matter how many times I read it.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Last Samurai : I does'nt make me cry but it is pretty sad...
Remember the Titans : Have'nt seen it.
John Q : Have'nt seen it.
The Land Before Time : Have'nt seen it.
Ladder 49 : Have'nt seen it.
United 93 : The idea behind this movie makes me sick frankly, Im sure its very heartbreaking though.
A Walk to Remember : Have'nt seen it.
The Notebook : Have'nt seen it.
North Country : Have'nt seen it.
Simon Birch : Have'nt seen it.
The Green Mile : This did make me cry, It's very sad, the actor portrays fear so well.
Radio : Have'nt seen it.
Forest Gump : Did'nt make me cry but very uplifting none the less.
Saving Private Ryan : I liked it, no tears there though.
Mystic River : Have'nt seen it.
I Am Sam : Have'nt seen it.
Boys Don't Cry : Have'nt seen it, although crying to this movie I imagine would be very embarassing.
Million Dollar Baby : I have seen it but no tears.
Crash : I did see it, but I did'nt find it very sad.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just remembered...Grave of the Fireflies!

I cried like a whiney emo loser after that one. I would have felt ashamed of myself if the film wasn't so devastatingly sad. It's one of the best films I've ever seen.

If you haven't seen it, rent it!

^Actual quote!
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:

So I wanna ask some of you this: Are you sensitive? What makes you cry, if you do at all? Also, do you see sensitivity as a bad thing?

Sensitive? Me? HA!

Oh, who am I kidding. The only other more sensitive person I know is my mum and she cries for EVERYTHING. I blame her for my over-sensitivity! :mad: I like to think of myself as someone with a good sense of humor. I'm pretty good at picking up on people when they're just messing with me or when they're deliberately trying to be hurtful but I have been told a few times that I'm too sensitive.

Let’s see when it comes to games I think only two have made me tear up--- Chrono Trigger and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Oh and when Lulu died in Suikoden III. :cry:

If you think I’m was serious about that last one, you’re just weird.

Music hasn’t ever made me cry, thought there are a few songs (like For Martha by the Smashing Pumpkins) that really get to me, especially ones that make me all nostalgic.

Deaths in movies are usually what get me but I think it’s more empathy than sensitivity. Out Ezekiel’s list the ones that I’ve seen and made me cry were North Country, The Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan, Mystic River, and Million Dollar Baby. Though I haven’t seen the Notebook, which from what I hear will probably make me bawl like a baby. Other one’s that I can think out of the top of my head are:

Life is Beautiful (I’ve watched it more than once and it always gets me)
To Live
Turtles Can Fly
The Chorus
Brokeback Mountain (I was embarrassed that my friend thought it was sad but she didn’t cry and I felt like sitting there and just crying for a good hour or two XD)
V for Vendetta (when Valerie is telling her story)
For the Children
Omagh

I’m sure there are a few more but I can’t remember right now. This does not count ’tearing up’ only actual tears.

And to answer the last question, no I don't think sensitivity is a bad thing per se. It just means that people around you will have to adjust to your emotions/ sensitivity. If they know you're very sensitive they'll have to learn to watch their words around you or suffer the consequences! :twisted: I mean, at least some sensitivity is healthy, IMO.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yesterday my sensitivity was BLIND SIDED. I was watching Scrubs, a show that should just make me laugh. Did it? Yes.

But then Dr. Cox's brother in law, who was the nicest guy in the world got leukemia. I was depressed by that, because JD daydreamed that he got the tests re-checked, and that he was okay. And I went online and watched video clips of the show, and they had "Scrubs saddest moments" And it had a scene at his funeral. I dunno....it hurt me way worse than I thought it would. I mean...one day you're living life as the nicest guy ever, then you get some bad news, and then it's all gone. I feel like every happy moment you share with someone in your life is just one more reason for you to cry once they're gone :(
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a really sensitive person. Whether it be a show, a game, or a movie. If someone dies, I usually cry. Well, I tear up, because I'm busy trying not to cry.

I'm so sensitive, I sometimes cry when I'm yelled at. Or anything like that. I can't usually help it. I just get really upset over the smallest things sometimes. I guess keeping it pent up will do that. Maybe I should try crying more.

When I can come up with some, I might post what movies/shows/games made me cry. I really can't remember right now.

I forgot to mention that I tend to cry if I see someone else crying. Is that weird?

Last edited by Rakuna on Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im acutally sensitive as well but i dont tend to show it on people. i just leave them be but in reality im alredy offended or hurt
Blindside

101263 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can be sensitive. It really depends.

In the context of any game, I am heartless and ruthless. Basically: You don't want to be sitting across from me.

However, in my personal life, I try to make everyone happy. When people are sad or something bad happens, it has an effect on me, and I always find a way to make it better. :)

I don't cry often, but I do get upset. I'm disappointed very easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: