Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ugetsu the fisherman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Ugetsu the fisherman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the? I have wanted this dude for the longest time!

I just liberated Obel. I teleported to Na-Nal after recruiting in Obel and he STILL hasn't appared. What's going on? Did I miss something?
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He appears RANDOMLY near the trading Center in the harbor at Na-Nal.I got Ugetsu BEFORE liberating Obel in my second game,but in my first game i couldnt find him after liberating Obel.Also you should enter and exit na-nal manually and not with the mirror.That usually triggers the recruitment characters.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea the fact that i used viki and the blinking mirror confused me on many of my recruitment drives. I wasted a lot of time in and out of towns looking for characters when all i had to do was simply manually enter and exit towns. Just thought i would make it clear for anyone having the same problem with a particular character.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first time I played the game, Ugetsu never showed up. I tried everything to get him to show up, but he just had his own agenda and never appeared.

The second time I played the game, he showed up right away, as soon as I could recruit characters in Na-Nal. I still hold a grudge against him though, and he's my most-hated character in Suikoden 4. Well, him and Oleg....but Oleg I can't stand because he's completely useless (can't fight, isn't a support character, doesn't run any cool games, nothing).
Orion the Mage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You must Rita first. I got her by beating her in that stupid game which takes the longest time to win. Get her and you can just teleport to Na-Nal and he should be just standing on the dock. You will see him just as soon as you get off the ship. He is very large. Those who do have him what is the biggest thing you have caught?
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oleg....I hate him so, Totally worthless.

Yea Ug..whatever the fisherman guy, Just keep going back over and over (without using the mirror) and you should see him. Hes big so you wont miss him.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why do people insist you can't get recruits using the mirror? I never stopped using the mirror once I got it, except when I wanted to fill out the map. I never used the ship to recruit someone, I used Viki. And I still got all 108. Viki isn't a bar to recruiting!
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because some people have had problems with characters showing up when they used the mirror to get everywhere

I never did, like you I got them all even with using the mirror, but some have had trouble and only could get them to show up when they left the town and re-entered without using the mirror

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That has to be an unfortunate coincidence, then, I'm sure. I doubt it actually helps except on a purely psychological level.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Potential spoiler for another recruitment separate from the fisherman:
Well, when my sister went to recruit Nalkul and Champo, she could NOT use the blinking mirror to get out of the kobold village, nor could she, in fact, use Viki to get to the kobold village...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because:
You can't leave without the Seal. You have to finish the quest once you start it. Imagine the scene if you showed up at Pirate's Den without the Seal? That'd be pretty damn funny. You -can- however use Viki to begin the quest. Trevoke, read no further if you still haven't figured it out yourself, though I presume you have if you watched your sister do it. [side note: why hasn't she joined us here yet, btw?]

I teleported first to Nay, got Chiepoo to do his little song and dance, teleported back to the ship, teleported to Nay-Kobold Settlement, got Chiepoo to do his little song and dance, and then -walked- to the bridge [which is only a screen or two away anyway] to start the sequence in earnest. It is at -this- point you can no longer get out of Nay until you've recruited Champo and Nalkul.

For those curious, the above two posts had to do with a different recruitment than Ugetsu, as Trevoke said, but it involves the Viki-as-recruiter argument. Don't read unless you're sure you want to risk a spoiler.
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A query: how do you know that Rita has any role in recruiting Ugetsu at all? I thought that there wasn't any order.

As for me, I rarely teleport. I use my time on the ship between ports to get a little extra experience points, money, and items. Also, I let down nets when I leave and pull them up when I arrive. I think my system works pretty well, but who am I too say? I'm a min-maxer, and do it compulsively.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally got him.

Fishing isn't as relaxing in Suikoden IV as it is in Suikoden II. ;( I mean, there's no music playing or anything.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
That has to be an unfortunate coincidence, then, I'm sure. I doubt it actually helps except on a purely psychological level.

Well i had a problem similar to it but it was not the mirrors fault, because i did not even have the mirror yet. It was when i went to recruit Viki. I had to leave the screen several times to get her to show up, and several times the second time as well. (this is by no fault of my own, trust me i am a perfectionist when it comes to Suikoden)

I do not think it is the mirror or teleporting that causes it obviously because of this, Nor do i think you need to leave the entire town/island as stated by others in several other forums. I just think you need to leave that particular screen and enter again to trigger something that is not triggering. That is all i had to do...

but to keep on topic, Ugetsu... I hate that ugly bow he wears...

:o

~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orion the Mage, THANK YOU THANK YOU I could not figure out ow to get Ugetsu but now that you told us how to get him (U have to beat Rita like u said) Now I will get him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: