Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to be announced

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to be ann Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Posters of the Japanese 2ch board are saying that the August edition of Japan's Newtype magazine will announce the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The magazine will go on sale July 10th. Although 2ch is especially notorious for starting rumours, the magazine comes out in 4 days so we'll know soon whether or not it's true.

Wiki article of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Everyone is excited, amirite!

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From an anime blogger I go to.

Quote:
The August issue of Newtype that will soon be hitting newsstands is reporting that Suzumiya Haruhi’s second season has finally been confirmed. The official announcement is set to be made on July 7th, 2007, which also happens to be the day of the Japanese Tanabata festival. That might be significant because certain events in the Suzumiya Haruhi novel storyline occur on that day. As of yet, there are no confirmed airdates, but MOON PHASE’s diary entry says that, according to an industry announcement from back in March, Kyoto Animation’s schedule will be Suzumiya Haruhi in Fall/Winter 2007 and a light novel adaptation in Spring 2008, so CLANNAD seems to have been pushed back until Fall 2008. We probably won’t know anything more definitive until the official announcement is made. But, regardless of what airs when, this Fall season is going to be chock-full of sequels and potential blockbusters (Konata certainly seems happy about this announcement).

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, the thread was in major need of a citation. Anyway, I'm down with it and all but I hope they totally trash the weird episode order. It was totally difficult to watch the series normally. I remember being at episode 4 and I was going by order they were aired, so I started watching "episode 4" but I found out later on it was aired like the 10th or 11th episode. Ugh. ._.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was just a marketing gimmick anyways. Of course, I did like the preview segments with Kyon correcting Haruhi all the time. I'm glad Bandai included those in their releases.

(btw, I could have sworn that I already posted in this thread, but I was on a wireless, so maybe it didn't go through, or my dumbass self forgot to hit Submit)

Anyways, since no one has localized the light novels of the Haruhi series, I guess I don't know what all there is, but if there's more source material to make a second season, then I'd say they'd be foolish not to. If they're trying to create a second season out of nothing, then I'd be a bit apprehensive, but I'm told the novels go more in depth on certain things, so it does sound like there should be material for another season.

Man, first I get to see Haruhi, Mikuru, and Yuki live and in person, and now rumors of a second season floating around. Tis a good time to be a fan of the show :)

~Uguu!~
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: it already anounce? i can't wait for it....!

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found this to be one of the most overrated and overhyped anime series in quite a while.

It just seems I'm no longer the anime fan I used to be.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this series a while ago, and I do see how it can grab the hearts and souls of many people based on what I know of the current generation. It doesn't appeal to me however, because I'm a dried out husk of a human being--but good that they'll make a new one. I was getting worried with all the people who seem to go as far as kill themselves after the series ended.

In a tarot reader / mysticism community I frequent, one dude came in a few days ago asking if there is some way he can meet Haruhi Suzumiya. I mean, he was dead serious. He said that he thinks if he goes to a certain place on July 7th (Tanabata festival), he may be able to meet her due to some dimensional rift. He was asking if anybody know of a way so he can create a rift in the fabric of space, etc. ie. well, he was totally nutz. The folks in the community laughed and laughed... including myself.
A few gave him advice on meditative techniques that cause hallucinations, but that was about all we can do to help this poor sod. Seriously, it's disturbing.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:

In a tarot reader / mysticism community I frequent, one dude came in a few days ago asking if there is some way he can meet Haruhi Suzumiya. I mean, he was dead serious. He said that he thinks if he goes to a certain place on July 7th (Tanabata festival), he may be able to meet her due to some dimensional rift. He was asking if anybody know of a way so he can create a rift in the fabric of space, etc. ie. well, he was totally nutz. The folks in the community laughed and laughed... including myself.
A few gave him advice on meditative techniques that cause hallucinations, but that was about all we can do to help this poor sod. Seriously, it's disturbing.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that is quite scary. :shock:
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like what I've seen of the series, but then I'm not a hardcore anime fan like some are so it wouldn't make me a sad panda if there were no more seasons to be made. A second season means a new series of dvds for me to add to my collection. As for the guy who thinks he'll meet Haruhi on the 7th if he times things right and goes through a dimensional rift or some whojafudge...he sounds like a certain person Sailor, Alcest and I know from other site we frequent. I mean he has admitted to be on best friend and speaking terms with the Archangel Michael.

Pirates! DESU

352386 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it seems that the second season indeed has been confirmed in Newtype magazine as well as in promo video trailer which was released at 07.07.07 and can be found here. The trailer leasts for more than 20 minutes and probably won't make any sense and will look pretty weird for anyone for exception of those who has read Haruhi novels and is showing Spoiler: events of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, the second chapter of third volume of the novels Basically the trailer is way too long in my opinion and doesn't gives that much information about the second season since it doesn't gives any release dates, information about length of the second season and all others chapters of that volume were shown in the first season. But I am glad to know that this chapter will be included in the second season since along with entire fourth volume it is my most favourite.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Anyways, since no one has localized the light novels of the Haruhi series, I guess I don't know what all there is, but if there's more source material to make a second season, then I'd say they'd be foolish not to. If they're trying to create a second season out of nothing, then I'd be a bit apprehensive, but I'm told the novels go more in depth on certain things, so it does sound like there should be material for another season.

Actually, they have enough materials to make another two seasons of thirteen episodes each. The second season would no doubt revolve around the fourth volume, which is the next volume of an important story after the sporadic or not-so-crucial stories in the second and third volume. They obviously excluded that one particular story from the third book because it relates closely to the fourth book.

... And after reading that paragraph again, I do not think it makes any sense...

Nevertheless, it would be a shame of they do not also make the animation version for the rest of the books, particularly the finale in book nine and ten.

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard news of this quite awhile back, awesome to hear it's official. But I believe Code Geass' second season is starting at the same time as Haruhi...! Hm..one can only wonder what will happen. =o

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know a few people who will be ecstatic over this announcement.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I clicked the link, and it looked cute. But apparently people don't have great things to say about it. I suppose I'll check out an episode or two, see how it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: