Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Demons in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But would windy be a special case because she posesses the Front Rune Gate Rune which is directly connected to this World of Emptiness (only assuming that because she can summon other things from there, so whynot souls) The Front gate doesn't nessesarily seem to be an "evil" rune, no more so than any other true rune, so we can assume that it's good for more than just summoning monsters, that's just how she chooses to use it.

I hate you Onimaru.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Windy would be able to bring them back in their original form either with an imperfect Gate Rune. I think once you enter the World of Emptiness as a cause of death, the soul has already left the body, judging by Walter's... "appearance". I don't think it can even happen with a perfect Gate Rune either. Otherwise, that's too much power!
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A true rune w/ too much power? I didn't know there was such a thing...

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
A true rune w/ too much power? I didn't know there was such a thing...

Not sure about you but the Sun Rune scares the hell out of me.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, not only did the Gate Rune and 108 Stars of Destiny combined allow for Gremio's return, but the Soul Eater also played a part. But, I hesitate to claim that Gremio was ressurected because I believe that the Gate Rune allows you to open doors to particular worlds, which connected Gremio from the instance before his death (and entrance into the World of Emptiness) to the world of the living.

This was also facilitated by the Soul Eater to some degree, seemingly made a pact to return Gremio but still retained his soul. Technically, Gremio is in all actuallity a monster from the World of Emptines, summoned back to the realm of the living and allowed to retain his original form due to the three powers combined in my humble opinion. I believe Gremio to be a soul-less being maintaining his existence due to him being near to Tir and the Soul Eater.

So, I doubt Windy could pull of the same feat as Windy, especially because it can only happen once and because she doesn't have the power necessary to do so. In my opinion, the Gate Rune only allowed access to Gremio's existence in the World of Emptiness, it gave him a door to walk through, but the Soul Eater and the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny is what allowed him to retain his essence and original form.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Leknaat was only able to bring someone back once, I wonder if she regrets that she spent it on Gremio, hmm.

-My DeviantArt-
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

summoned back to the realm of the living and allowed to retain his original form due to the three powers combined in my humble opinion

By your powers combined, I am GremioClone! (musical entrance)Gre - mi - o Clone. He's a zero. Gonna take it up the butt from the hero! :mrgreen:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

o_O

Elzamine wrote:
If Leknaat was only able to bring someone back once, I wonder if she regrets that she spent it on Gremio, hmm.

Perhaps... but in the first place, (this is assuming that Urn's speculation is correct that the Soul Eater also had a part in the whole thing) it would be difficult to find such a situation where she could have the opportunity to do something like that, so she might as well have done it when she had the chance.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:

Well, if I was Leknaat I would definitely regret spending it on Gremio. I think there are a lot of people who are more deserving to get a second chance at life than Gremio, who in my opinion, is a very useless character. But that's just my opinion though.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

563383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, but it seemed that more people grieved for Gremio than people grieved for Kiba for example, who after all was once on the other side of the battlefield.
Furthermore, it might be more important to have Gremio alive, who would help Tir to bear his rune instead of someone else, whose "purpose" for the SoD might be fulfilled... But who knows...

The Fool
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember correctly, Leknaat said that the other one hundred seven (allegedly) all cared enough, (yes, even Luc, it seems) something to the effect that the will of the stars allowed for this once in a lifetime phenomena to happen. Also, the Stars of Destiny of Suikoden I would not have been complete if Gremio was not revived. Actually, I don't even know what the 108 stars in this game accomplishes besides revive Gremio. Suikoden II unlocked the true power of the Bright Shield Rune, Suikoden IV allowed the Punishment Rune to shift from its atonement phase to its forgiveness phase. You know... that kind of thing.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat only said that because in all actuallity acquiring a true rune entitles a person to a wish but all SODs must be collected beforehand. It is more her political ploy so that she can get the Runebearers on her side at the end.

Leknaat is evil. Period. She is causing more wars because she allows independent nations to exist when a singe peaceful and just world nation would suffice.

Death to the gate rune clan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: