Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jobs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm 19, currently working as an English teacher in Japan. Most of my classes are kids classes and for two of my three jobs (each is only part time) I don't even feel like a teacher (one is more like baby sitting). I also do one hour of conservation class each week, where two ladies in their mid 30s come and we talk for about an hour. None of my work is very stimulating, but for a 19 year old it pays well and is really quite easy.

As for career, well for about 3 years I wanted to get into game design, but seeing all the thousands of people that also want to do that and considering the fact that I'd probably need to move to the West Coast of America or Japan in order to do it, well, I've kind of decided that my future lies elsewhere. I love Australia too much, in fact I'm almost kind of considering getting into politics just so I can work towards improving my country even more. First thing's first though, I need to go to University and get my degree, I am officially enrolled and I did start at Uni, but midway through the first semester I threw in the gauntlet deciding I needed a break to get myself sorted out. So I'll go back and get my degree (currently intending on majoring in Political Science, while also studying Asian Studies, History, some more Japanese and maybe a bit of Psychology and Philosophy, too). After that? Who knows....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ferid Egan

Mercury's Marines

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will be going to college to learn auto mechanics care of the U.S. Gov't due to my job closing and no other available jobs in my field being available.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I work in the automotive industry as an engineer and I don't particularly enjoy it. I also freelance as a translator.

I hope to one day make money off of the internet!
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As of now, I'm 20 and unemployed, though I hope to change that soon, even if it's working at a small retail store. One thing I'd absolutely refuse to do is become a waiter; two of my friends are waiters, and I've heard enough from those two to know it's definitely not something I wish to do.

I'm in school at the moment, so I'm not just sitting around doing nothing. I'm majoring in software applications and programming, even though I don't know if that's going to get me anywhere. I've also contemplated majoring in journalism to become a sports writer, since I absolutely love baseball, but that would mean switching schools again and I don't care to do that.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`m 18, and I don`t have a job...I still have one year left at school. After that I plan on going to University to study Japanese, and perhaps other diciplines I haven`t decided yet.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm at some point going back to college for a night course in multi-linguistics. Such as Japanese, French, Spanish, German and other languages. Plus my company will pay for it as it will improve our customer relations apparntly, I just reckon it'll be awesome to understand other languages lol!

SARS - Once one of us are millionaires, we'll donate money to your causes ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Synchysi wrote:
One thing I'd absolutely refuse to do is become a waiter; two of my friends are waiters, and I've heard enough from those two to know it's definitely not something I wish to do.

Ohhhh yeah. It sucks big time.

If anyone's still wondering, I'm a waiter. Dealing with annoying people and their demonic children on a daily basis sucks, but for a seventeen year old, the pay (tips) is great.
Luca's wife

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm 13, about to be 14 in august and i need a job so freakin' bad, all my friends (who are 14) have jobs and i want to buy myself a guitar

...oh i love him dearly...
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally agree on the waiter thing, but let me expand that to include all aspects of the food service industry. All through high school I wanted to be a chef and even took 2 years of culinary training. After six years of working in the foof industry the narrow-mindedness of certain customer types can ruin your day and ultimately your dreams of working in that profession. Oh the things I would do to the man who coined the phrase "The customer is always right." That is true most of the time but there are times where that phrase really rankles me.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am18 years old and I do not need a job to support my myself, since I am living with my parents and that they are obliged to do so. Anyway, I will be a collage student and the government gives some amount of money plus the allowance from my parents which is pretty good for the time being until I well be able to support my self. :mrgreen:

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont have a job, I'm in the army. This weeek we had field training (meaning we slept outside) and it was pooring down all the time. It was terrible, but it was pretty fun because we finally got to use our AK5 full automatic rifles. I ownzored.
Mist

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am 20, and studying English Linguistics in the University of Kuwait. Our traditions as an Arab oblige our families to take care of us (women) until the day we get married and then it becomes the husbands' responsibility. In addition, the University supports the students with a monthly payment.
Therefore, I do not think I need to get a job. I might think of it after I graduate.
Flame Champion Viktor

89609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go-mart cashier,Go-marts the best place to go if ya don't wanna spend 200+dollars at Wal-mart its got bread,milk,canned goods,magazines,candy,pop,gas[it is a gas station after all],and a ATM machine so were pretty busy.Have ya ever noticed you go to Wal-mart for milk ya come back with 200$ worth of crap its dum so Go-Marts your best bet.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

full time student, part time idiot. Though I help out at my parent's posties.

Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am 20 years old and I own a video game store, although I am making no money(literally) and am thinking of selling it and becoming a Hobo. I'd make more money as a Hobo...

I have had probably 30 different "careers" in the past 3 years, since leaving High School. None of them have been too great. I might just have to fake my own death and collect on the insurance. Of course that would require getting insurance first, which I can't afford.

I guess drug-dealing is always an option, I could make a lot of money fast that way, but it's also a bit dangerous. Several of my drug dealer friends have been shot before, and there's always the danger of getting caught by the police and being analy raped in prison because of it. I don't know if the money is worth the danger...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: