Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A few question about homosexuality
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just slap him in the face.

Nah seriously just ignore the guy, he really isn't worth the effort to argue with, if can't be bothered to research his topic of debate (:O not in that way) then he just isn't worth your time.

Let him believe that gay people made the AIDS and it is their punishment, let him think that all gays molest children, it's really his loss, no one elses.

I do wonder how he would react if someone in his family was gay, i would find that quite amusing.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune hunter wrote:
Quote:
In short, they're not being logical. If anyone tried to argue with me by using that kind of nonsense, I'd tell them to shut up and go look for some better argument.

Unfortunately people who spout these claims wont shut up even if you told them. In fact if you did tell them them to shut up will likely say something like "You don't want to debate with me with me becouse I'm right and your wrong." or something like that.

So if they're not willing to debate, is there any real harm in letting this person think they are right with these false claims? Winning the debate is not a victory for homosexuals or anything, leave him until he spouts out his views in front of someone who will give him real trouble.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but it just feel so...insulting at times. Although I do think I should even try and talk to he it just seems so infuriating at time.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's generally what debating with a zealot is like, especially when they are mostly anonymous like online. They're going to be insulting, loud and obnoxious. If you stop, they're going to treat it like they won, even if you give information to show beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's wrong. He'll keep trying to goad you into responding convinced that as long as the volume he screams at is higher, he'll be seen as right. The best thing to do is to provide real data to prove your point and cut it off directly afterwards.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There will always be people who are convinced that THEY are right and YOU are wrong.

The worst thing is these are generally the people who try and convince people and attempt to argue their points across.

The truth is a rational person would be open and a true debater would want to be proved wrong and would be willing to listen to evidence. People like this will always exist. Just ignore him in the end, after all hes looking to change your mind to validate his own Bullshit facts.

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sniper_Zegai wrote:

The truth is a rational person would be open and a true debater would want to be proved wrong and would be willing to listen to evidence. People like this will always exist. Just ignore him in the end, after all hes looking to change your mind to validate his own Bullshit facts.

Absolutely. A true debater recognizes when he/she is mistaking, a sttuborn, irrational person wont. Even if you prove with data enough to full a stadium, that kind of person will question your sources, wont believe you and, if he/she is not able to do that, because of your bright points of view, that person is going to attach to some colateral matters or even make fun of you.
Take out the garbage man, dont pay atention to that guy :*laugh*:
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:

Let him believe that gay people made the AIDS and it is their punishment, let him think that all gays molest children, it's really his loss, no one elses.

While I do believe it's usually okay to leave someone alone to their ignorance, I wouldn't want their stupidity to infect others.

I believe that's why he wanted to argue back in the beginning. Not to convince this person that he was wrong (not entirely anyway) but to make sure others aren't affected.

I'm not suggesting that you pay attention to him entirely, just leave with something that even he can't rebuttle with and just leave it at that.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^
^
Yeah that was the main reason. He is still posting crap but I'm trying to ignore him. Hopefully no one takes what he says serious though.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune hunter wrote:

Yeah that was the main reason. He is still posting crap but I'm trying to ignore him. Hopefully no one takes what he says serious though.

Posting? Dude I thought it was a real life person you could easily ignore... but in a forum you cant help crossing your path with "gentlemen" like that one sometimes. Ignore him, man ;)
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, uh, what site is it? I have absolutely no proble just going there and wasting about 10 minutes of my time to rip this guy a new asshole so bad that you wouldthink he is gay...

Oh, and for therecord people, just going with my previous theory I posted in here; we got bored of having Lion's Maw in the war game we got here and gave it to Tinto... :wink: :wink:

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Posting? Dude I thought it was a real life person you could easily ignore... but in a forum you cant help crossing your path with "gentlemen" like that one sometimes. Ignore him, man

Actual I did say it was the Ragnarok online forum. Its kinda hard to ignore someone who goes around posting such things. In any case at the very least he refrains from any outright personal attack. I know there are these kinds of people online however I guess I was slightly shocked that there are people from my country who would think like this. I always though Filipinos at least tolerated homosexuality even if they disapproved of it. At least I though they wouldn't make claims like these!

Quote:
So, uh, what site is it? I have absolutely no proble just going there and wasting about 10 minutes of my time to rip this guy a new asshole so bad that you wouldthink he is gay...

You probable wont be able to undestand most of it becouse many of the conversations are in my native language, Tagalog but here is the site

http://ragnaboards.levelupgames.ph/index.php?showtopic=36130&st=240
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there's plenty of people here at Suikox who understand tagalog!
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. Interesting. Well, I personally don't have anything against homosexuality as a whole, but it does go against my religion.

As for the spreading of disease due to homosexuality, I really don't know what to say about it. From my point of view, I've never even heard of those sort of accusations upon homosexuality before and I'm hoping that's not entirely true.

Upon an emotional basis and not upon a basis of reason, I really don't find homosexuals to be that bad. At least, at this point I don't. For example, I have a homosexual in my French class at school and he's actually a really nice guy. Not to mention that his lifestyle is alright as well.

But, that's from my opinion. :?
"Vengeance will be mine. I shall repay, saith the Lord" - Romans 12:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I'm pretty sure I was registered at that site at some point or another.

Anyway, "zealot"!!! YES!!! That's the word I'm looking for. Zealots are annoying. Any kind of zealots.

So... did you ask him yet what he's planning to do about this whole dealie. Is he going to keep doing what he's doing and just whine whine whine about the homos running rampant in the world, or is he going to go on a crusade to rid the world of these oh so sinful and evil beings that are polluting the world with this deadly disease that they have pioneered? You should tell him that instead of arguing at the forums, he should go do something about it in real life. And if he does, chances are he's going to get shot. Now wouldn't that make you happy? XD
Rovalis

3612 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the idea of arguing about homosexuality is pointless. Even IF someone brought up a massive point. The facts are basic. Homosexuality, itself, is pointless... unnatural, irrational, not logical. If the whole world function homosexually, it'd collapse. Practically instantly. I don't mind a gay person here or there, they can do whatever they want... but it annoys me to no end when they try to say "If only everyone were gay" or some bullshit like that. Homosexuality as an attraction.. sure, whatever. The actual intercourse DOES spread diseases, just as much, if not more, than standard intercourse heterosexually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: