Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Creation Of Runes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: The Creation Of Runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been actually quite curious for a long time now, but I was wondering, how do you think runes are actually created?

It's safe to assume that the more basic ones like Fire, Wind, Water, Earth and Lightning were derived from the original True Runes and just spawned in mass numbers.

However, the one that really perked my interest were the "Unique Runes".
There's a good number of characters out there in the Suikoworld who possess unique runes. The question is, how do they actually harness their power into a rune or an orb?

Take for example, Roundier Haia, the master of the Falcon style. In every game [apart from Suikoden 3], we come across someone who has probably studied under him (Valeria, Kika and Belcoot). So like I was saying, if the power was unique to this individual alone, how might he actually transfer it via the power of a rune?

It's just something to think about.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's unlikely that the Falcon rune was created after Roundier Haia's sword technique was developed, as it seems strange to me that people can create runes in that way (unless Haia bears some kind of True Rune or powerful off shoot rune like the Dawn or Star rune).
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, but then it comes down to the point.. why would people have to go train under him in order to obtain this Falcon Rune? What makes it so special that you have to train under him and its only obtainable via graduation, instead of you just running down to the next Rune store and purchasing it?

It's just one of those many mysteries of Konami.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Magic Runes are runic symbols that are inscribed on the magic orbs. When orbs are given to rune masters they can inscribe the rune on the the orb on your hands or forehead. That inscription allows you access to the power of a certain true rune. At least that's what I understand of the elemental type runes. So you're right in your assumption there.

As far as the physical technique runes-- I don't think they're runes in the same type as magic runes. Technique type runes are obtained after undergoing specific types of training-- such as under the training of Roundier Haia. As for buying technique runes in stores, with things like Bronada Hawk and such, it's just an easier way to explain it, rather than adding a new menu and system for techniques. Once again-- that's what I understand of it. Perhaps Vextor will be able to clear things up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The physical technique runes are probably just runes that you need to go under training as Gil-galad said. Think of it as a recipe book which tells you how to make spaghetti for example. That technique rune teaches its user that certain technique he/she wants to obtain but I think certain technique runes can't be obtained by certain characters because it needs a certain amount of training (like the Falcon rune) to obtain it even if its not under Roundier Haia.

Another speculation could be is that the Falcon Rune would be stronger if the person underwent Roundier Haia's training.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always considered the creation of runes to be something like chemistry. Rune Masters/Mistresses are organizing differened formula's to breed different effects. Imagine in this way that the Flacon rune is roundier haia's "seceret recepie", and he only shares w/ his students whom he trains in his style of fighting. He has a fighting style that is best compliments w/ a falcon rune, and thus his students are taught the fighting style and given the added bonus of a rune that enhances their ability to deal damage when schooled in this particular art. That's my interpretation. Certain runes are commonly known formula's, i.e. Fire, Water, 'etc but there are more complex and complicated rune recepies out there.

I hate you Onimaru.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always considered technique runes to be a skill rather than a rune, but perhaps stronger technique runes like the Falcon rune grant power, but you must learn to use that power first, and with the Falcon rune, Roundier Haia teaches how to use that power in his sword method.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: