Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Questions Left Unanswered? [SPOILERS!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone watch Titanic? When the boat goes under it creates a sort of vacuum. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett have to swim up about 20-30 feet because they were pulled down with the shitp. There's no way Troy, in all that armor, is going to be able to do that. For all intents and purposes, he's dead.

...And I guess so is my manhood here at SARS... *sigh* Hang on Rose.... hang on....

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone wants to guess what happens when you remove the Fancy Garb from Lino's closet in his room and NEVER put it back?
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't need to guess on this one because I did it by accident. It doesn't do anything except he is in his normal clothes during the part of the ending where the Island Nations are formed.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that if Cray survived, so did Elenor. They were so close together in the end. What ever killed one would kill the other and if one survived, most likely the other would too.

As for the Troy swimming in armor, that isn't relevant because he wouldn't TRY to swim. He has a death wish.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Cray is Neclord?" That's funny.....too funny.

I have a question about Troy, actually. In the end, when his ship is going down, Troy looks up at the Hero and says something like, "You're that guy!" And then he goes down with the ship.

Is this implying that Troy has met him before in battle, in some other existence or something? That scene just seems to hint that there's more to the Hero than meets the eye.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I understood that scene properly what was happening is that Troy realized that the hero was the person who had escaped from his ship earlier in the game. If you don't know what I'm talking about it was towards the begining of the game shortly after you are thrown out of your home town with Chiepoo and the other two knights. You are picked up by a ship that Troy is on. They realize you are from the place that they are about to invade and attack you. You are getting destroyed so you run away and Troy allows you to escape. So the statement could have also bee one of disbelief that you were able to defeat him, or him hating himself for his stupidity of letting you escape.

Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I thought about that too. You definitely might be right. But by his tone of voice (Troy's), it just seemed like he was realizing something a lot heavier than, "Hey, you're the guy who I met at sea a couple months ago."

But knowing Suikoden, it's probably just one more vague hint that will go unexplained, in a sea of vague hints throughout the series.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
Yeah, I thought about that too. You definitely might be right. But by his tone of voice (Troy's), it just seemed like he was realizing something a lot heavier than, "Hey, you're the guy who I met at sea a couple months ago."

But knowing Suikoden, it's probably just one more vague hint that will go unexplained, in a sea of vague hints throughout the series.

When he gave you the chance to escape earlier while being held on his ship because he believed you were a weakling. If I remember correctly he said something like "forgot them they're just weaklings." At the end his voice went funny because he was probably suprised of what you became. Troy was probably thinking how can a weakling become so strong and lead an army?
Luck71182

492 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
Troy:Possibly dead,as yes,swimming with armor is hard,and he'd have to go to a smithy to take one off.

Elenor:Dead as possible

Cray:Who knows.Maybe that "CRAY IS NECLORD!" crap might be true.Otherwise,dead.

Axis,
Now that I look at him, Cray has a resemblence to Neclord, but where did you hear that? :?
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Troy was probably thinking how can a weakling become so strong and lead an army?

I personally maintain that he was thinking that he was a complete idiot for not killing off the hero when he had the chance. Also I could have sworn that during that scene it shows a quick flashback to when he let you escape.

Quote:

Now that I look at him, Cray has a resemblence to Neclord, but where did you hear that?

Woah I just seriously thought about this and the two do seem to have a lot in common personality wise. Although I don't think it is possible at all because Cray is missing one of his hands, and also isn't Neclord around 600 years old at the time of Suikoden1?

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found that Cray/Neclord thing highly improbable. Cray is almost assuredly dead. Even if he was not human, he would be incinerated by the explosion.
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At first when I saw Cray the first thing that came to my mind was...
"Hey he looks like Neclord!!!!"

Yeah...

I definately think that Troy is dead, though I don't want him to be!

I doubt Elenor and Cray are dead. They're strategists and Elenor is a Silverberg, I'm sure she had something up her sleeve.

Maybe they disappeared, and after all I remember Elenor saying that she had to retrain him again or something like that...

Who knows?
J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The woman in the punishment rune is the queen of obel, wife of lino, mother of flare AND of the hero.

Flares brother was lost at sea, and their mom died saving them. Hero washed up on shore, so thats a given.

When hero fights brandeau and survives the rune of punishment, thats because his mother is inside the rune, and is protecting him again.

I think all the people at the end died personally.
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cray is not screwy enough to be Neclord. Then again 3 halves of a century might change a man.

As for Troy, heck I'm a guy, and I'm utterly captivated by him. He has that whole, "I would have been a hero, but, alas, cruel fate hast not delivered these cards unto me," shtick going for him. Plus, he is terribly good-looking.

I'm going to go get some gel now and try to replicate his hair style. Goodbye.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
Cray is not screwy enough to be Neclord. Then again 3 halves of a century might change a man.

As for Troy, heck I'm a guy, and I'm utterly captivated by him. He has that whole, "I would have been a hero, but, alas, cruel fate hast not delivered these cards unto me," shtick going for him. Plus, he is terribly good-looking.

I'm going to go get some gel now and try to replicate his hair style. Goodbye.

Good luck with your hair. I don't even need gel to do that. :o
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: