Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sexual Orientation: Nature or Nurture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nature or Nurture
Just Nature
18%
 18%  [ 11 ]
Just Nurture
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Both - but more nature
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
Both - but more nurture
28%
 28%  [ 17 ]
Equally Both
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 59

Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some idiot wrote:
"You have to want to not be gay"

(Some idiot being the original speaker, not the poster. Just for the record)

I hate that crap. I can honestly say that I do not know very many people that, on the way to accepting themselves and their sexuality, didn't want to not be gay. Self loathing is a huge issue for people just beginning to deal with their sexuality.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats what the guy who was arguring against him said.

Basically he said that he did'nt want to be gay and activly went to ex-gay groups to cure his "condition". After years it did'nt work and the ministries would'nt accept that he had a good life with a good father. It was because of the fact he had a great life that he learnt to accept that he was born gay. But there are plenty of others who dont have that luxury. And would you beleive it the guy who said "you have to want it" never had a girlfreind or a wife after his treatment and became a preist, a job where you are'nt allowed to be with women, how convenient.

I know being gay is a much bigger issue in the states than over here. Well we covered a big part of that in the "gays not allowed to join the army" topic. But as said it may be decades before people truly accept it. I mean racism is still around and society has accepted other races. I guess there is no real solution or instant solution.

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's just plain stupid. Who actually WANTS to be gay? I'm not saying people can't accept themselves as gay or anything, but who wants to be ostracized from the norms of society. Thanks for posting that up though, it was entertaining to hear his stupid reasoning.

Oh, and there'll never be a solution, some people can choose to accept and some won't. There is absolutely no way the whole world will be 100% okay with it, because sadly, it's seen as "abnormal" to be gay. It's been this way for the last.. god knows how many years. It's not going to change, at least, I don't think it will during this lifetime.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly..anyone who says Homosexuality is a choice is delusional.

You should ask them if they'd choose to be unaccepted in most religious communities, if they'd like be blamed for AIDS and 9/11, if they'd like to be discriminated against. I'm proud of who I am and what I am. I love being this way (maybe having a great boyfriend is why xD), but that doesn't mean I, or any other homosexual enjoys the things that come with it.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, bieng pick on is NEVER FUN! Well hypocracy just seems to run rampant these days :roll:
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
Honestly..anyone who says Homosexuality is a choice is delusional.

It seems it used to be. When I first came to the internet it was like a choise, like wanting to wear orange one day. Then it was widly accepted it is like being born with green eyes. sometimes it went back and foruth.

How can it not be natural when we find homosexual animals? there are lots of gay animals apparently. Dolphins make life long same sex bonds, some birds as well. But then people say they are acting on a breeding drive gone out of controll.

how can you say its not natural when there are gay rams? they refuse to mount ewes, even if they are in heat, the smell of a female in heat normaly drives males crazy. So why would they prefere eachother when critters are supposed to be driven to make babies?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: