Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SUikoden 4 off the shelves?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: SUikoden 4 off the shelves? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After checking three game shops (EBgames, Gamestop, and Planet comics) I could not find a single copy of suikoden 4. Has anyone heard that the game is being taken off shelves. or that it's been discontinued already? I haven't gotten to play it yet so I'm worried that I won't get to.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Suikoden IV around your area is just out of stock right now. I can't imagine a popular game series like Suikoden being tooken off the shelf so quick. Plus Suikoden III is still around so I think Suikoden IV will be around for awhile too. Don't forget you can rent Suikoden IV and I'll leave the rest of the thinking to you :wink: . The games stores around your town can also have an impact on how many copies they order and if they will reorder if it's out of stock.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed that too. My local EBGames and Gamestop are both out of Suikoden 4 already, and the guides have been sold out for quite a while, too. I seriously doubt the game was taken off the shelf though....it was just released a couple months ago.

I bet the guides for Suikoden 4 will be worth quite a bit on eBay a few years from now.....I don't think they printed that many.
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even my local Wal-Mart had a few copies of Suikoden 4 left o_O;
The guide wasn't that good, right? But I guess if you're a collector...
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Either that, or it one of those stores just did not sell Suikoden IV.

But i was looking for Suikoden IV here in Australia (it's released already! Yay! in the first week of March too!). When i came in after a week, thye apparently sold their copies already, so i had to order mine, and put in a $10 deposit. But there were other game stores that did not sell it.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh I got mine at Wal-mart. i felt so evil. anway try the interweb. I got a game from Amazon a long time ago. good luck, happy hunting and try not to agonize over the purchase. Unless you get if preowned from somone who must get rid of it and fast.
because...some found is short. unless you limit yourself to 2 hours or so, twice a week you'll have plenty of time. It beat it, well with the bad ending and without making fancy sets of cloathing. so theres always somthing to do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The guide was actually quite good in my opinion. I got the last copy at my EB on the third day that the game was out so that should say something as to the quality of the guide. Normally I don't use guides though but seeming as I've never seen an offical suikoden guide I jumped all over this one.

I'm sure the game is still being sold so I wouldn't worry about it.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Normally I don't use guides though but seeming as I've never seen an offical suikoden guide I jumped all over this one.

I'm not the only one! I flipped out whenI saw it and my girlfriend looked at me funny. I tried to explain it, but I guess this is what I get for dating a non-gamer. Anyway, thanks all of you I'm gonna check the last of the game shops in my town tomorrow, and if I don't get lucky then eBay it is.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a guide for one, two and four but I've never used them besides locating a few of the rarer items. Really Suikoden is one of those games that once you play through once, the next time it's easy to get all the stars and good items.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got my copy on amazon. My dad pre-ordered it for a Christmas present. (He ordered it more for himself than for me...In fact he's playing it right now)

Amazon seems to ba reliable. Ebay, on the other hand, is not. I got a Suikoden II on Ebay for $60.00 and it doesn't function properly. Stay away from Ebay. Don't trust it.

Happy Hunting!
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it could be that konami didnt make a great deal of copies. Suikoden isnt exactly a popular series. Suikoden 3 for the longest time was sold out and had to be reprinted.

Frankly im surprised the game has sold as well as it did. The quality is sooooo lowthat i cant emphasize it enough and the guide is a joke. but meh

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

E-bay all depends on the person your buying from so you can either have good luck or bad luck with it. To say it is unreliable just isn't an accurate description of it. The site is reliable for what the site is. If you got a bad product off of it it really isn't the sites fault at all.

And Milan are these official strategy guids that you have or just something you merely downloaded off the internet?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gosh where do you guys that can't find this game live? I am a guy who goes everywhere for one reason or another to get games and everywhere I been this game is overstocked. Maybe there's one or two very small gamestores that only got 3 copies and they were all for preorders but Best Buy, Toys R Us, Fry's, Walmart, target and even blockbusters that sells new games have at least half a dozen to a dozen in stock depending on the size of the store, and no body is buying it. Konami way over produced this game after under producing III on release, so unless they pull all the extras which is no way, this game won't have any value in the long run what so ever, and if you want to save money you can get it for about $20 or under on ebay right now.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are official Brady? Prima? Strategy guide.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brady made it, not a "signature series guide" so there are no foldouts but i guess the first 2 didn't have that either. I liked the guide, the walkthough section was very short but since IV dose alot of event triggering at locations that are not made very clear, it helped me on several spots that I got stuck and it covers all the possible optional events that you may have missed. I also loved the 108 characters section as it has the pictrues of every character and tells you which ones can do combos; more than likely you are gona need to look up that information one way or another to unlock all the combos since half of them dosen't make much sense to try as the characters involved don't really relate. Because IV is not that deep of a game getting the guide would eliminate the need for anyone to ask about how to do something basic or how to get unstuck to keep the story moving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: