Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fooly Cooly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the anime came before the manga. But yes, it was an OVA, which iswhy it was so high quality and so short.

Wow.... in that case the manga really screwed the story around so that it's even more confusing then the anime. (if you can believe it...) ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ashitaka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love flcl it's that it only had to be so small.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... looking back at this topic... I see that I have already replied to this thread... hmmm... I am still looking for answers to the questions that I have asked back then so let me retype them here...

***spoilers may occur***

1- haruko or haru haru, said that the right head is required to open a dimension/portal to tranfer monsters right? how come ( i think in the third episode)a monster was pulled out of the girls head? (the one about the curry and the mayors daughter... can't remember the name...)

2- When That 'eyebrow' dude talks about atamus to naota in OVA no. six, we see a picture of a human in black with flourescent red stripes all over his body and some green ones I think... how come in the end atamus turns out to be a giant firery eagle like thing?

Back to the basic... yeah I like FLCL/ Fooly Cooly/ Fuli Culi hehehe...

JNX out
Ashitaka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX wrote:

1- haruko or haru haru, said that the right head is required to open a dimension/portal to tranfer monsters right? how come ( i think in the third episode)a monster was pulled out of the girls head? (the one about the curry and the mayors daughter... can't remember the name...)

Yes but thay hit heads. It just strang.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay question 1) Ninamori's head is probably also of the "right" sort to transport stuff. When she and Naota bump heads in the episode the robot transfers over to her. Or at least just so for a plot device. FLCL doesn't always make perfect sense.

2) The Atomsk that is seen when Amarao is talking about him is Atomsk as Amarao imagines him to be. He doesn't actually know much of anything about him, so he has the image of an exotic and powerful man that Haruko could be attracted to. Then it turns out that he was completely wrong.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
FLCL doesn't always make perfect sense.

and that my friend is also what makes FLCL/ Fooly Cooly/ Fuli Culi so special hahaha... it doesn't really matter, and as for the answer you gave me... I was thinking that it was that but still... I didn't think that it would just easily transfer from one head to another from a headbutt... hahaha... of course I must be wrong then, since this particular anime doesn't like to be limited to reality and rules hahaha...

To the answer given for question number two... okay... so he says that Haru Haru is in love with this Atomsk... how exactly can she be in love with that thing? :shock: ... it's a guess? I don't think so because the man already knew about her and her past and what happened to other planets and such... meaning that she has already done the same thing in other planets, what she has done in this six OVA's... shouldn't Amarao already know what Atomsk already looks like after following her for so long... and on to the next planet as well hahaha... I know one things for sure... Haru only wants Atomsk's power... now I am wondering, if this is true... then where on earth did Amarao get the love idea from? :? ...

JNX out
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, during that same part when Amarao is talking about Atomsk, he literally says "She's in love with him". Of course, we find out later that she's not, and she just wants his power, but Amarao doesn't know this. It shows just how little he actually knows about what's going on.

Amarao is a character who thinks he knows everything, but he really doesn't. He is overcompensating in everything, even his eyebrows, because he has little substance to him. (And a small guitar.) He has some sort of relationship with Haruko, but we don't know the extent. She probably used him and tossed him aside later, but in a situation that had nothing to do with Atomsk. It's obvious he obsesses over her and wants to win her, but she feels nothing for him. His conception of Atomsk is one of power, one that could enrapture even Haruko and turn her thoughts away from anyone else, especially Amarao. It's his attempt to explain to himself why Haruko won't accept him.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I <3 FLCL. I watched it all on Adult Swim with my friend while we were down in Florida on fall break. It was the single most enlighteningg thing in my entire life to watch FLCL. Maybe not but I loved every minute of it.

He who conquers the left side conquers the world.

Also, Shrew, I found all the kids to be more mature than the adults, not just Naota. Ninamori also tries very hard to act grown up.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanks for all the answers Shrew... I am glad that this topic was brought back to life after all those ti,es that have passed... maybe I should look around the old pages of the forums and see what is interesting and can be brought back to activation hehehe...

oh... I wondered what that little thing was that she pulled out of his head in the sixth episode... 'that' is a guitar??? hahaha... okay then, that looked more like a :shock: hahaha...

Thank again to Shrew and everyone else who replied here...

JNX out
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't she pull the Guitar out of his head at the end of the fourth episode (hidden text ahead... spoilers) when Naota needs to hit the giant baseball thing away with the guitar to save the city... That's one of the most hillarious scenes in the entire show, if you listen to what he says whe she reaches.. inside him... you'll know what I mean. XD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You aren't wrong there... Naota did have one pulled out of his head in episode four... but I think we were talking about Amarao the 'eyebrows' guy hahaha

I think that the best episode in the whole original video animation is episode five, with the duel between Naota and his father and all the action from the beginning hahaha... too much...

JNX out
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: