Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

my new site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

Potch
Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: my new site Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just made a Suikoden Forum because i was really bored.

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=suikodentalk

Check it out, the first 4 new users will become moderators.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is making the first person to register a moderator a good idea? :) What if you get some sort of psycho?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

Potch
Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeeeaaah...Just a little advice, hombre; choose your mods carefully, don't just take the first people who register. These are the people who are going to be overseeing your forums and can make or break you're site's reputation (or at least get you fandom wanked).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

Potch
Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know ive already checked them to be sure, they seem like people i know from here that are respected, and if they do anything bad i will remove them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

Potch
Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah another one of those "My site is a forum", I find it laughable because one of the biggest snarks is "Hahaha the idiot thinks this forum is the website" or "hi moron, we have a web site to you know, please don't ask questions our FAQ and walkthorughs can answer"

I tryed to give advise to somone who made a forum, they went and brandised it as "anything" I had a long winded 7 paragraphed long reply, telling her what to watch out for or, how to pinpoint things, if you want an everything/anything form you'll have a huge mess, plus people talking about things like what they did in bed and how and "I wuv Ron Weasly". she eventualy split it into general, ecco, final fantasy, arts, and some entertainment. I also pressed her into saying she wants to keep things pg-13 or pg rated.

-----

so how many skins will you have? PHPbbs, as if you didn't see alredy are wonderfull things, second best is, I don't know, Ultimate BB or Invision borad. I live Invision because of the profiles, they are more elaborate and contain bios. Looking at your forum makes me thing "duriiiiiiii am I at suikosource?"

BUT! you did how ever make a smart move to seperate your "community" from "your game community" you don't know how much I treyd to enlighten somone on that, I go to two forums that don't seperate them, I think its logical, but they brandish the "low activty level" battle cry, really, YOu don't need 100 posts a day to do that.

i like your avatar sizes, nice, but nothing beats big whopping ones, that I know, its kinda ugly at times, but heck I'm not complaning. I like my 160x190 avvie. and thats medium sized)

anway as for swearing, what consitiutes as such? its funny they use words in Suikoden I can't use on the forum? as for Illegal activites, your description is well, not full. Unless by illegal, you mean, "personal" I can ask for MP3s, but I can't say "I hate snuff vidios" or mention how much I enjoy my lover.

"giving members lip", sorry but some people are very touchy, I was on a forum once, some girl was complaning about her Ferret being sick, somone said you need to spay them or they "go into heat and die", this girl counterd with a very snarky "I know my animals they wouldn't do that". so in short, somone knows their pets personality so well, it transends biology. Yes, Ferrets need to be spayed if you aren't to breed them, somtimes they get sick and die when not breed.
so there you go, 'attacks" also asking why somone screen capture looks differnt from yours is "an attack", I know fro experance.
somtimes people are too touchy, so anything can be considerd an attack, the'll PM you and say I came and attacked them. or the'll lie or you will get facts crossed. I was banned somwhere because somone PMed a member with problems conerning a differnt member, Mr. Admin thought they ment me. Then he realised his mistake. GO Admin.

good work on the guests! some sites frown on that, its good to have some one liners and input. also good for fly-by attackers.

so how long will your posts go back? one page, 30 pages? are you going to freely give out custome user titles? are you going to use new titles for each so many posts? post count is important to some, more so when your status goes up.

joined 2 days ago and have 36 posts? wow, good work.
its missing somthing, I can't put my finger on it, prehaps a place to show off fan works? or to rally fan projects? Like "hey lets have a contest"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: