Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Tolkien Novel!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: New Tolkien Novel! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As many of you know, I'm a pretty big Tolkien fan-- however I'd be the last person to expect the release of a new Tolkien novel. But here it is! Children of Hurin. It's well known the Tolkien had many, many, many unfinished manuscripts that Christopher Tolkien had been editing. However... I didn't think that Christopher Tolkien would really go on to finish an entire novel. Wonderful news.

If you've read the Silmarillion you'll know the basics of the story of Turin Turambar, Hurin's son. It seems that is the story it follows in depth. I've really longed for a more detailed account of the events in the Silmarillion, because that novel takes place in a so distant format that it's really difficult to get too involved in the plot. From the view point of a man, the story should be much easier to relate to. Also, there are whisperings of a movie, it seems. One can only hope. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... this'll be quite interesting, to say the least, and I'll be picking it up to be in my collection, as well.

I personally think his son's does quite a good job with his father's writings, so I'm interested to see what this'll be like. :D

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm, first new Tolkien release since 1996 as I recall. I never read all of the History of Middle-Earth series, but I have read The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The Book of Lost Tales 1, and some publications on the structure of Quenya. The Silm being my favorite book of all time and the tale Húrin being my favorite story therein, I'm pretty excited for this. Christopher does a fabulous job editing his father's text, but I'd feared he was getting too old and short on material to ever release another. What a pleasant surprise.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The book has been released-- and I've only heard wonderful things about it. The tale of Turin Turambar is perhaps one of the greatest stories that Tolkien ever wrote, so I certainly would have hoped it turned out good. I'll be getting it very soon, I hope. I got all giddy inside when I was reading a review of it. ^^ Perhaps I'll order from amazon-- but my lust for the book my just force me to head out to the book store and get it tomorrow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds interesting, I read the article on the BBC about it. I might just pick it up. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: