Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ultimate Duck Hunting

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Ultimate Duck Hunting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Detn8 Games has revealed that its first release will be Ultimate Duck Hunting for the Wii.

Detn8 Games co-founder Jeff Hill has revealed to Pro-G that the publisher's first release will be Ultimate Duck Hunting for the Wii. The game will be released in the US in June and will also make its way to Europe under the wing of an unannounced publisher in Q4 2007.

Hill also revealed that Detn8's "initial focus is on games for the Wii." The publisher's other titles for 2007 are still under wraps but we're told to expect more info on Ultimate Duck Hunting in a few weeks.

Detn8 Games has been set up by Industry veterans Ellen Foug and Jeff Hill who together have more than 50 years experience in the video game industry.

NO FUCKING WAY.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, that sounds great. I am definitely interested if it's for real. Could you imagine a multiplayer Duck Hunt. Bad azz.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my goodness, I'm going to have so much sig material for my dear king. That and another reason to buy a wii. That's awesome news, thanks for sharing!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boo! :evil:

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't like the NES version, so I won't be getting this. :)

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkwing Duck wrote:
Boo! :evil:

Yeah your quacking days are coming to an end my fine feathered friend, no longer shall your kind mock drunk people who chase them!

I don't suppose theres any word about anything else besides the wiimote being used? I would actually like maybe a shotgun design.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this meant to be a good thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Duck_Hunting

Quote:
Despite the game box's assurances that Ultimate Duck Hunting is "the most realistic duck-hunting game ever made", it has earned harsh criticisms both based on the game itself and the professionalism shown by its publisher.

Perhaps the most popular and cited feedback came from GameTrailers.com's Rob, whose stick figure persona actually hung himself as a result of playing Ultimate Duck Hunting, which coined the term "suicide review". Over the course of said review, the late Rob delivers a laundry list of problems with the game. He criticizes the intelligence of the dogs used to retrieve fallen ducks and the repetative dullness of the training process required to raise said intelligence. He likewise comments on the difficulty of finding anyone online to share the multiplayer mode with by showing a completely empty lobby. At one point, he ridicules the graphics of the alledgedly "most realistic duck hunting game ever made" by presenting footage of a dog with brush poking through its body (a common symptom of low production values in videogames). The review may be seen here.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I is excited! I hope that they make a special gun remote like the did for the original. That thing was pretty sweet. Especially back then, since I was about 5 when I played that.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Is this meant to be a good thing?

An amusing turn of events, if nothing else. I honestly couldnt imagine duck hunting to be all that great compared to all the other similar games out there now. People will be buying it for the sake of them remembering it as awesome from when they were a kid, and probably be disappointed. It's not as unique as it used t obe anymore.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a bad game that's being ported to make people think it has some relation to Duck Hunt, when it doesn't. I think the excitement in this thread shows how many people will react when they see the game, and then find out that there is no relation and that the game is just a port of a bad pc game, then get disappointed.

You can find a demo on its site, apparently.
SwissStopwatch

Largest Falco Tribute Band Ever

186774 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they actually did Duck Hunt, that would be nice. But I'm fairly sure that if they did make that for the Wii, they'd just Call it Duck Hunt, or maybe Wii Duck Hunt. Something like that.

However, if they had added "hunting accidents" to the game, and allowed you to keep track of those, that would add some worth to this. Well, maybe not for all of you. But I'm twisted like that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they didn't do that, so there goes any possible reason to get this.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow ultimate duck hunting?
Thats pretty awesome I really loved the original duck hunter the gameplay was so simplistic yet it could offer hours of fun without a single problem... At least for me.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow, I just don't think that idea would work in this 'Over hyper ADD shooter age' era. I remember playing the original version of this game and I'd like for that memory to remain.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heck, here I was hoping that it would be an updated version of the NES Duck Hunt game, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I wonder if they even let you shoot the dog this time around? Oh come on, you all know that ever last one of you tried it with the NES version and wished that you really could shoot him for laughing at you.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: