Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Please help! Need High Quality Images of Suikoden Items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Please help! Need High Quality Images of Suikoden Items Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the painting class I'm taking at school we are asked to bring magazine ads or some other images for an upcoming project. I don't have much time to draw right now so I would love to do something suikoden related on required school time, but I was told the image should be of a physical item and not from another drawing or artwork.

With that in mind, two of the first things I thought of were the hero V life-size figure from TGS? a few years back and the japanese acted out V tv ad.

I knew of some shots of the hero V figure on the suikoden.it gallery but the quality are too low, and I think the tv ad have since been pulled from the japanese V site. Do anyone have any higher quality images of that figure or still have the tv ad saved they can take some high quality still screenshots of it? Please help, thanks.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would Tir or Riou work also?

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Update on my last post:
Quote:

you mean like the small toy figures from last year? I guess if I really don't have any better options in the next few days I'm gona give that a shot by taking some close up pictures of the loose ones I have.

Oh crap, I'm not the close-up photographer I thought I was, the pictures I took suck, so if anyone do have high res shots of the figures I'd love to get them.

Quote:

So far I looked around and found the images of the castle of dawn at night and the sun palace in the shot when the sun rune was returned to be not so obviously hand drawn and more digitally edited to seem more like something one would find in a magazine, I'm hoping those won't get shot down right away by the professor but I'll also bring a few of the images from suikoden.it of the hero V life size figure too.

damn, the shots of the castle of dawn and so falena both got rejected by the professor today, I was told there's not enough contrast in them... though they are not completely ruled out, when she said in a negetive way that those shots looked as if they are from a video game, I played dumb and replied: "Do they?!?" the shots of the full size hero V figure looks really bad when printed out because they are such low quality images, so I didn't even bother to bring them in this time, I have til early next week to finalize a decision so I might as well keep those anyways and take a shot with them.

Quote:

I was really hoping someone had some good captured shots from the japanese TV ad but I guess not...

Anyone even have that ad downloaded at high quality? I don't have the software to take screenshots off video but I guess I'd have to track down a good enough version of the ad first... Please help me if anyone can, thanks.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to double post but since this topic is still open after all this time I thought I'd give an update of how the project turned out so far.

I don't think it's very good as I never worked with oil on canvas before, not including the first 2 minor projects in this class for practice, the last time I even used oil-ish material was about ten years ago. Anyways here's what I have done so far, changes are still being made all over the place but it's pretty close to what it'll end up to be. (though I wanted to do it, I don't really deserve any credit for drawing the figure cause that wasn't allowed)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/jjrrs/DSCN0970.jpg

I normally work with pencils and whatnots on papers slightly bigger than the surface area of 2 dvd cases so this canvas was quite a bit larger than what I'm used to(not that I do art stuff all that often anyways), and I ended up spending way too much time on the whole thing than I should have. I was unable to get a good image to work with either so I had to force certain things a bit, the weak lighting in the picture helps hide some of the bad parts but it left out some details as well. I'm also not really sure if the makeup of the paint is just not even close to what I used before or what, since I had a very hard time with it as the colors changed quite a bit from application to after it sets.

All I hoped for was not to butcher something I cared about too badly while working on it without knowing what I'm doing, I guess in that respect I'm not too disappointed...

I also have a bit of freedom to put together the final project for this class, so I made sure to include something suikoden related as well to keep myself interested and encourage me in doing the best I can. But the canvas for this upcoming painting is twice as big as this one, I have no idea how in the world I can finish it. Here's what I'm going to be doing:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/jjrrs/1.jpg

Last edited by jjrrs on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like your artwork with the Prince, jjrrs, keep up the good work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: