Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Richard Jeni - 1957-2007

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Richard Jeni - 1957-2007 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was shocked when, just moments ago, I read that Richard Jeni had apparently committed suicide this past Saturday via a gunshot wound to the head. I hadn't seen or heard much about Jeni recently, but I remember his comedy special Platypus Man and his short-lived TV series of the same name from back in 1995.

His death has not been "officially" confirmed as a suicide, as his girlfriend had told the police that Jeni had shot himself in the face. The investigation, nonetheless, is continuing.

Does anybody know Richard Jeni's correct date of birth? Both imdb and Wikipedia give his birth year as 1957 (confirmed by his official site) with birth dates of October 30 on imdb and April 14 on Wikipedia. Oddly enough, however, the article in which I read about his death gave his age as 45.

I'm not the best at math, but it is plainly obvious even to me that 2007 - 1957 do not equal 45!

I'll leave it with one of Richard Jeni's personal quotes:

Richard Jeni wrote:
"My mother never saw the irony of calling me a son of a bitch."

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved that guy. He always had new fresh material when he went to perform stand up. That is something that comedians today seem to have dearth of. Another great young comedian dead, what a shame.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched some of his stand-up on comedy central and his was really truly funny...
Rest in peace Richard Jeni... :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: