Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best/Worst Voice Overs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I've heard about Snowe...but no matter how easy it is for Lazlo to forgive him, I still think the little cuss deserves worse than he got.

Ramada's voice was really good--I had forgotten about that. I also liked Tal's (Tal had one, right? O_o I need to play this darn game again)

Hated Rita's voice, but that's prolly 'cause I heard it way too often.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Rufus

The Non-Persian Immortals

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm shocked that more people haven't hated Chiepoo, that voice made me just want to headbutt him (if he was a physical being), mabye it was just my pure hatred for Nay-kobolds that clouded my vision(or hearing).
But on the plus side Lino and Kika's voices were good. I even liked Snowes voice, it fitted well with his whiny, weak character.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my ratings:

Suikoden 4

Best voice: Lino En Kuldes because it suits him and his character personality.

Worst voice: Setsu because it sounds annoying and does not really suit him.

Suikoden 5

Best Voice: Georg because it sounds so like him. I liked it especially when he was reporting in front of Ferid at the start of the game. What a classic.

Worst Voice: Toma because his voice sounds annoying and i hate the character. Enough said.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I shutter to think how annoying Chiepoo sounds in Japanese.

I particularly likes Kika's voice actress, but I believe she does a better job in the anime she acts for. BTW, what is her name?
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hated Setsu's voice over. Plain bad.

It made me feel that my ears were bleeding.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg Prime's VA in Suikoden 5 is just love. Something else - I also like the way that Lucretia was voice acted as well. She's just so calm and cool and collected but she was played with a certain twinkle in her eye that just made me love the character more.

Worst voice acting...I wasn't a fan of the voice acting in 4 at all. The only voice I liked in 4 were Kika and Lino. Everyone else kinda grated on my nerves. I have yet to play Tactics, so we'll see.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I friggin loved Miakis' voice, for a plethora of reasons, some of which coincide wit hthe reasion I loved Precis in SO2.

Sigurd didn't really have that great of a voice actor behind him. I could tell he was acting.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of the minor characters in IV really bothered me. Particularly Rita. To be honest, I can't remember a lot of the voices besides main characters, but I do know that a lot of them are poorly done or not very fitting. I actually really like Elenor's voice (as well as Kika's and Lino's obviously). Katarina and Glen are two of my favorites also.

My favorites overall are all in V. Georg, Lucretia, Sialeeds, Gizel, Arshtat especially, I could keep going. The only voices that bother me in V are some of the characters in battle, but I realize that that just has to do with costs and such.

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
I friggin loved Miakis' voice

Miakis' Japanese voice is pure love.

None of the english voices gets more than an "average" score. A lot of them really hit rock bottom and work their way down though.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, so I thought this was the general video game forum, and I was well on my way to posting a huge long thing about good voice acting and bad voice acting and how a lot of people confuse good English voice acting for bad voice acting because they can understand the language better than Japanese and blah blah blah.

Then I realized that this was relating specifically to the Suikoden series and all the wind went out of my sails.

Anyway,

Good voices: Elenor (This? This is amazing voice acting right here, people), Kika, Mizuki, Georg, Sialeeds after the Queen's Campaign (she was too simpering to me before that), Arshtat -- most of the time, Lymsleia -- some of the time (I really like her when she's being assertive, but when she tries to do anything else it just turns into high pitched squealing and that is bad) Lorelai, Zweig.

Bad voices: Lyon, Miakis, Lyon, Lyon (There is never an excuse to be shrill, people), Jeane (Technically, the acting isn't the problem; I just always pictured Jeane with a deeper voice), Arshtat -- some of the time, Lymsleia -- most of the time.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The worst is Frederica in Suikoden tactics.. makes my head want to explode!
Not far behind is Shigure in Suikoden V... lay off the crack, man.

I'm not sure if I have a best, but one of my favorite scene's is with Roy, when you firts meet him. He's such a brat and I liked the voice acting for the scene a lot :)

Suikoden IV goes to Brandeau though, very nice match up with the characters.

Most of the characters I like, had decent or good voices though. Hervey, Sigurd, Belcoot, Selma. I didn't like the younger voices for Hervey and Sigurd in tactics though, gross.

Georg and Kika are strong, but I feel like that was touched on enough so far ^^

-My DeviantArt-
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To tell you the truth I didn't like Lyon's voice actor her voice was always so annoying and sometimes Miakis voice sometimes was annoying when she would cry and stuff.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rita.....because when you suck at Rita-pan (Whatever its called) you get absolutely sick of her.

I liked Georg's voice in Suikoden V, it fitted his character well.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i had to pick one character i would have to say Elenor Silverberg, but picking just one from suikoden IV is doing it great juictice. Infact when i played suikoden V for the first time i was a little worried that the voice overs would be of the same horrid quality as almost all were in suikoden IV, but i was impressed to hear that they were all up to a good standard. But i do agree that Miakis' voice actor did leave something to be desired.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really liked Georg's voice the voice suited him well and seeing him Suikoden 2 I could imagine him talking like that... And Georg was awesome in general. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: