Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sony does good for once

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Sony does good for once Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today at GDC Sony unveiled some neat stuff.

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_littlebigplanet_gdc07_h264. wmv

Little Big Planet video. Nice.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17559&type=wmv&pl=gam e

Playstation Home trailer.

Home looks nice. I looks like Animal Crossing without the gay and an interesting way to connect with others on the PSN. I'm impressed, but how well Sony can implement such a feature, I don't know about that. They've always made these promises on online content and failed almost every time. Hopefully they get it right. The thing is, it's basically the same thing as what the competition uses, except you can travel around with your own avatar. Seems neat, but at the same time, do I really want to travel all over the place when I want to dl a movie?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it but it's nothing new. Sega's been doing it with Phantasy Star Universe. Also, some aspect of Sony HOME goes against their own assertion that the Sony Playstation Network will be free of charge. Some of the stuff you'll get to decorate your home will be free but certain items will be made available for a cost. But costs aside I think it's a nice addition to their fledgling online system. Now implementing it without hassle will be a different matter altogether.

I still think there's going to be much growing pains for Sony's online venture for the PS3. They've never been known for their skill on the software side of the console gaming. Say what you will about Microsoft's business programs and OS, Xbox Live has continually upgraded and adapted to changing tastes of of its members and also potential subscribers. Do I see Microsoft coming out with something similar? I don't think so since their current Live and Gamerscore system has been quite simple to use and it doesn't distract from playing the actual games.

Will Sony HOME make me want to go out and spend 600 minimum on a PS3 right now or when it gets implemented? Not really, but I like the fact that there's some pretty visuals to look at when I do get one later.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's too little too late for a campaign thats really been very smeared in the gaming public's eyes.
whatadai

The Trojans

0 Potch
70 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think either is good enough to make people want to pay $600 for a PS3. Mostly when it's so late and everyone is addicted to the Wii or the 360. The Wii also has a lot of, in my opinion, better games, coming out. Most people want a Wii or 360 now anyways now that they've waited so long to see if PS3 would actually have any games worth getting for it.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PS3 just isn't selling where I work (Toys R Us) but we can't keep the Wii in stock. I'm just dreading now that Suikoden VI will be on PS3, since there is nothing else I want to play on it thus far, would be depressing.

-My DeviantArt-
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This article really summarizes the whole reaction from non fanboys about Sony's announcement of HOME.

Takahashi: Sony building a virtual Home for PS3 gamers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: