Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bill Maher Vs. Ann Coulter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Timbo, I really didn't want to get into this argument on the board but I suppose I have to. http://www.danzfamily.com/pictures/pictures02/hijackers.jpg

Check out that link. Those are the airplane hijackers whose pictures we have available to us in the united States. Don't sissy out and step around the subject, all of them are Muslim. I'm not an uneducated asshole, I'm not a bigot. I have, on several occasions, taking quite a serious beating to my own friends for inappropriate racial comments against people of the nation of Islam. All of those hijackers were of the Islamic faith. Are you going to tell me first that the largest demographic of people who follow the teachings of Islam isn't people of Middle Eastern Descent, and second that the highest demographic of people hijacking planes in the United States isn't Muslim extremists? Give both of those demographics do you really think it's appropriate for security guards to be strip searching 92 year old women at random while allowing several people of Middle Eastern descent to walk onto the plane unchecked? I'm not a racist, I'm all for fairness, and I think it's only fair that people who share the same traits as people under suspicion to grasp this concept. I've said it before and I'd say it again, it's only racism if there's no sense behind it. If nineteen year old Irish guys with long blonde hair were hijacking planes I'd strip in front of every security guard in the airport and ride the plane naked to prove I had no malicious intent. Everyone needs to get thicker skin and grow up, it's a world of realities and one of those realities is that if you look like a member of a group that's known for violence, people are going to think you are violent.

This I won't disagree with, yet what if that 92 year old women was of Middle Eastern descent? If we get technical then we should only search Middle Eastern men from ages 20-50. Also all of these men have black hair so if a middle eastern man was bald should we search him?

In the end searches should be done based on more than looks because one day a old Irish guy with long blonde hair just might do that. We live in a world of uncertainties.

Scarlet Assassin wrote:

That's not to say that all Muslims are violent. Quite a few of my friends are followers of the Muslim faith and I've spoken with members of the mosque down the road from my house just like I've spoken to members of the synagogue, church, and Buddhist temple.

Granted, Ann Coulter has said some dumb shit, but the fact remains that she's being honest. We haven't seen an honest member of either political faction in a very long time, and it's stupid shit like these cries of racism and discrimination that keep the honest ones down. She's a bit ignorant and someone should educate her as to the finer points of the Islamic faith, but I will never crucify someone for speaking their mind.

She's honest in that she says what people think is true. I agree with her on some things doesn't mean she's honest. Calling her honest is basically saying "I agree with her ten fold so what she says must be true!" Ann Coulter is a Good person who says what she thinks is true which I guess is being honest (with herself).

Quote:

Userito, I think you missed the point of Sai's post. He was saying that he thought it was wrong of Zeal to say that someone is cool for implying a death threat, which by the way, didn't even exist. I don't remember Bill Maher threatening to kill anyone (except decent comedy.)

Everyone needs to cool off.

After reading Zeal's post again I think he horribly worded his statement. By cool he seemed to mean it was legal. (Which it is and faults his argument because he was proven wrong that what Ann said was illegal). Given that I should have read Zeal's post more over before responding.

It's a heated debate but I think it's going off topic. I’d close it but I’d rather not because I’m not sure if everyone would agree. Either way the point of this topic is what the two said and Free Specch, not Ann and Racism/Over Sensitivity.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352

Last edited by Username on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maher share's Coulter's view on the subject of racial profiling, actually. And I do not think Timbo was so much saying that she was giving a hate speech because of what she was suggesting, merely the way she suggested it.

A lot of the Islam population isn't Arab, by the way. It is also only certain sects of Islam responsible for this. If you say people need thicker skin, why are you upset when they search you at the airport if they also search the Arab guy? Why don't they just search you and him? Wouldn't that solve everything?

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't be upset if I got searched. Everybody needs thicker skin. Sometimes things need to be done that aren't comfortable for anybody and most of the time, people just need to shut the hell up and deal with it.

And I'm not so stupid or ignorant as to think that all of Islam's population is Arab Tony. I know plenty of Muslims personally that are white and plenty who are black.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread has gotten daft. It's especially bad when moderators and other veteran members are causing the ruckus. Frigging get a grip of yourselves, representatives of the community. The stuff I see here goes way into the field of racial discrimination, which is not allowed at suikox. Over.

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: