Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SSX Blur (wii)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: SSX Blur (wii) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rented SSX Blur tonight and played for an hour and a half. I want my time (and money, which was a measly 7 dollars) back.

I have put considerable amount of time into every SSX aside from On Tour and I STILL can't get the controls down.

Okay, you carve the snow with your nunchuck. You don't carve with the analog stick, you carve tilting the nunchuck left or right. This makes actual precise control bothersome, and quite frankly, almost impossible. In the tutorial section for carving, you have to get 6 arrows to complete the tutorial level. Well, it took me 10 minutes to do this one simple task! In a race, it's even more ridiculous.

Next up, is the jumping. You don't jump with a button, you jump by raising the nunchuck up. This makes such an important SSX element gimmicky, and furthermore, convoluted.

You'll know the controls are too convoluted when you have trouble correcting yourself, something that should be an easy 1,2,3 step. It isn't, because the game's controls are so unnatural. In order to accelerate you press up on the analog stick, if you press down on it, your boarder stops. Problem is, if you accidentally press left or right on the stick, your boarder is going to slow down! And this happens VERY QUITE OFTEN.

Uber tricks. Don't even get me started on grabs and tricks in this game.

What's more is that they've pulled the Nintendo pussification curse on SSX! It happened to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It happened to many other games, but almost worse here (though not as bad as FFTA's pussification). The character art is awful. They've animu'd SSX! And what's worse is that it's not authentic animu but American animu character designs, which is 10 x worse! Instead of pushing other boarders, you throw snowballs at them. Why? I don't know. All I know is that SSX Blur feels kiddy compared to past titles.

I am currently trying to think of this game's redeeming qualities at this point. The loading is great. The menu interface is awesome. Um...the graphics are decent for last gen standards. I'll hopefully put more time into it so I can find actually good things about this game, but so far I haven't found a thing.

It's so amusing and frustrating at the same time that Nintendo's whole point for Wii is to make controls more "simple" for the retards who can't understand what pressing buttons means, and yet, their control set up makes some games more complicated than they should be.

After an hour + I went to play SSX Tricky on my Xbox instead.

Gotta give 1up kudos. Their SSX Blur review is SPOT ON.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3157533&sec=REVIEWS
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, well i will be sure not to buy it. Zelda is the only Wii game i currently own, besides the virtual console games i have bought, and I probably won't buy another one until Smash brothers or the new Mario comes out.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: