Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what if Pesmerga was the main char for S5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok, maybe you, since you think you're a representative of said intelligent faction, can say why pesmerga deserves this attention, as opposed to his 'rabid yet unintelligent' fandom; since they can't seem to do so for themselves, why don't you spell it out for the rest of us-inquiring minds want to know, after all.

please, by all means, enlighten me, since you think i am so 'ignorant' in these matters; i'd really like to know just how ignorant i am of others who've shown such impaired communication abilities to date.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you want me to say? Let me first say, I didn't claim I was intelligent. You assumed I did. I simply said I was part of a faction that simply like Pesmerga, but I'll feed into your trap if you wish...

In most cases I usually disregard things like use in combat when it comes to games with as many characters as this, because, quite simply, I don't think it matters. As long as you finish the game and can beat most of the battles with ease how much does it really matter? I used Sergei in most of my battles through the first game, simply because I liked using him.

Next, I attempt to submit that I like his character. Just as much can be revealed from a few words of a post, much can be revealed from a few lines of dialogue in a game. I like the character he revealed to me, about his search for Pesmerga, he seemed noble, yet rational. I liked that.

As I said above, what exactly do you want to hear? All that really matters is I like him. It's unexplainable at times. Why did I like Sergei when he did only one damage every time I attacked with him? (Sometimes he did a bit more.) Just because. Unravel the secrets inherent in the many chasms of the human mind, then maybe you can explain exactly why. But I doubt it, because I'm unlikely to believe anything that you say. Not that what you say isn't valid. Simply because I'm bias, because I think you're wrong about this. Does it make logical sense to not believe what you say just because of this? No. Humans rarely do make logical sense.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Felipe wrote:
For me Pesmerga is not a so cool character he is just a thing that no speak much dont move much dont eat dont sleep and chases other thing named Yuber,what is cool about that?And that is cool?For me cool characters are the ones who have personality and speak at least more than 10 words.And how can you think in Pesmerga being a main character?What he would say?"Where is Yuber?"or "I...kill...Yuber..." Pesmerga is just a char that is a little cool for some people because of that black armor but nothing more.

So Assuming you are correct when you say pesmerga doesent have personality How is that any worse than the hero of suikoden 4?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
well, brecht0, then you've missed many past posts by pes fans that do fall under that listing that sars gave; there are far more of those than there are of the ones you mention. the majority that speak up tend to fall into one or more of those categories;

Sorry to interrupt a bit, but has it ever occurred to you that it's possible that it's simply a matter of "the stupid Pesmerga fans are the ones more vocal" case rather than "most of Pesmerga fans are stupid"?

sybillious wrote:
there was no dispute over whether or not pesmerga has intelligent fans; i'm sure there are some *few?* however, they have yet to step forward and distinguish themselves from the bulk of the 'fandom.' when that happens, then some of the held stereotypes might fall, but not until then.

I can't really believe that I read what I read. You said that you are sure that there are some intelligent Pesmerga fans. Yet, you tried to defend the stereotyping.

Stereotyping also gives bad message. Say a friend of yours like Pesmerga, but then read in the message board on how Pesmerga fans are being ridiculed, always being made fun of, and so on. Then you ask him who he likes in Suikoden series, do you think he'd say Pesmerga? Has it ever occurred to you that the stereotyping might be the reason why the "intelligent" Pesmerga fans don't speak up? Because they're afraid of being ridiculed by the so called intelligent non-Pesmerga fans? Because they'd end up as victims anyway no matter what they say?

And even if they like Pesmerga because of the armor/appearance, what's wrong with that? Is it not a legit reason? It's a freakin video game, not rocket science or finding the cure to AIDS.

sybillious wrote:
a post can say a great deal about a person;

And since you obviously don't capitalize, could I label you as a Pesmerga fan? It's in the list of common traits of Pesmerga fans created by SARSadmin. No offense intended, but I felt that this might be the only way to get the point across, by applying it to yourself. Otherwise, you'd keep on being ignorant and stereotyping people even when one clearly stated that he isn't like that.

I really start to feel that the "Pesmerga fans bashers" are the ones becoming more annoying than the so called stupid Pesmerga fans themselves.

I'll start then. I like Pesmerga. Am I stupid now?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm afraid so.

j/k
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg put it better than I ever could. I applaud you.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the applaud, I'm going to need that once I'm being ridiculed all over the board from now on. =P

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is getting silly, thread is locked.
Some people get offended way too easily,
don't make it a habit.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: