Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Satan`s ship? Something strange in S3...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like SARS said, the word "Satan" has been picked up over the years and misused.

Not that there is a correct name for "the devil" as it is, but it's name according to Christianity, the Bible and even *shudders* the (slightly over-rated) Paradise Lost; is Lucifer - which means something similar to the Bright Shiner (or some close apoximation - I've misplaced my mythology work).

But even my Oxford dictionary has next to Lucifer "Satan, the Devil" as it's description. Which pretty much just goes to show that the word is more colloqiual than anything else; and just tends to be focused on Lucifer.

Edit: Actually I think Lucifer "means" The Morning Star, not sure why I thought it was something like Bright Shiner - I don't know, maybe there is a meaning somewhere similar to that.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]

Last edited by Axiose on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly. Remember, the guys at Konami aren't trying to make every little word significant.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought Lucifir ment "light bearer"

the idea of "satin" being there so the players understand sounds plausabe....if the Zexen "evil king of the dead" was called Davirgual, and they didn't mention ol' Davi no one would know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: