Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Daniel Radcliffe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:

He's a freaking actor, let him do what he wants. I mean, little kids who watch his move don't call him by his acting name. They call him "Harry Potter" so unless the movie says "staring Harry Potter and his philosopher stones" then parents shouldn't get pissed.

yeh, well i recall hearing about one actor who does childrens thigns, then did an adult move (Ok you know, not a Nick JR movie) and when children saw what their parents were watching and seeing their beloved 'do mean things' they reconised him, and I think some asked him why he was so mean in he movie. He felt bad. I think it was the other blue's clue's guy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So...

It's his career, he doesn't have to run around being Harry Potter in real life just in case he does something that might ruin the illusion for some kid that can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

He has also appeared in the show extras a while back in which he was swearing and asking people for sex because he played Harry Potter, he began to branch out from that character long ago and if he has any sense or want of a future career away from playing with his magic wand he will continue to do so.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to see Daniel growing up. It'd suck if he'd be dragging around Harry Potter all his life. That'd be dreadful. 60-year-old Daniel appearing in an episode of, "what happened to that child actor?"
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
He has also appeared in the show extras a while back in which he was swearing and asking people for sex because he played Harry Potter, he began to branch out from that character long ago and if he has any sense or want of a future career away from playing with his magic wand he will continue to do so.

>.....> I have no words for that, as it conjures up some odd images (the wand part XD ). Dangit.... fanfiction is a horrible thing.

I looked at his IMDB list and he had a lot of stuff goin' on where he was himself. He's growing up and I'd honestly like to see him in more "grown up" roles (which is exactly what he's goin' for). I just need to keep reminding myself that he's my sister's age.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Emma Watson and Rupert Grint are the people you need to worry about.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, he is his own man. And that what he is growing up into being: a man. Whether people are uncomfortable with Radcliffe taking a role in Equus and having to be on stage with a lenghty (no pun intended) nude scene just shows that these people have issues that goes beyond Radcliffe trying to break out into more serious acting roles.

I mean would people be having such a major fit over Radcliffe going into a Rated-R action movie where he shoots down scores and scores of nameless bad guys. I'm going to guess people, and some here as well, would be cheering him in such a role and calling him a manly man. While I don't like the play he chose not for its nudity, but just the fact I think the play is not really that good, I'm glad he chose something that did wake people up from constantly picturing him as just Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling doesn't seem to be making such a stink about it all why should her readers be. Most of whom are either the same age as he is now or even older.

People need to open up their eyes and stop looking at fictional characters as real people and that people who portray them on the screen are not them. Like I said, anyone who has issues about Radcliffe doing this play have their own issues to contend with.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Glad to see Daniel growing up. It'd suck if he'd be dragging around Harry Potter all his life. That'd be dreadful. 60-year-old Daniel appearing in an episode of, "what happened to that child actor?"

Poor souls...

However, is getting naked and posing next to a horse going to help his career? Especially since it was so embroiled in children's entertainment.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It didn't hurt David Tennant, he posed naked on stage and then became Dr Who.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:

I mean would people be having such a major fit over Radcliffe going into a Rated-R action movie where he shoots down scores and scores of nameless bad guys. I'm going to guess people, and some here as well, would be cheering him in such a role and calling him a manly man.

what if he played a canniblistic pedophile in an R rated film? there are lots of movies about kidnaping nasty men out there.

tully wrote:
People need to open up their eyes and stop looking at fictional characters as real people and that people who portray them on the screen are not them. Like I said, anyone who has issues about Radcliffe doing this play have their own issues to contend with.

nay, some people base their spirtualiy on that, its called 'SOULBONDING", some belive Johny Depp as Jack Sparrow lives in their heads.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

what if he played a canniblistic pedophile in an R rated film? there are lots of movies about kidnaping nasty men out there.

For one it won't be such a leap for Radcliffe or any previously child actor to go that route if they wanted to. Even though the character wasn't a pedophile Elijah "Frodo" Woods played a cannibalistic serial killer with a penchant for the Catholic Church in Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez's Sin City. Instead of being condemned for taking on the part, Wood's performance was considered by many fans of the movie as one of the creepiest and best.

Jodie Foster played a child prostitute when she was still in her early teens in Martin Scorcese's Taxi Driver. There was some outcry to the role being taken but it didn't hurt her career much. The same could be said for Brooke Shields playing as a lolita-type in Pretty Baby then in Blue Lagoon. Again her career wasn't hurt despite the outcry and now people don't think twice about her taking on those roles.

As for soulbonding with a character on the screen. That's fine and dandy as long as people realize that its the character they're bonding with. Some people take such bonding too far in thinking the actor is the character. I used to act in high school and college and one of the things I learned from guest celebrity actor speakers is how frustrating it gets when people stop seeing them as individuals and more as characters. It's how actors get typecasted and I'm assuming that's something Radcliffe wanted to avoid as much as possible as soon as he got older and his acting skills improved.

People who seem to be vehemently going against Radcliffe's controversial role in Equus reminds me of the novel and movie Misery. In the story and movie a rabid and zealous fan of a writer's books and its signature character pretty much goes off her rocker when said writer decides he doesn't want to write that particular series of books and its character and decides to kill the character. This fan so believes in this character that she takes the death personal and proceeds to torture the writer into changing his mind about ending the series and the character. I see the same thing happening, though not in such extremes, to Radcliffe's fan who seem him only as Harry Potter. I say to these fans who can't differentiate from fantasy and reality to take a breather and tell themselves its not real.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: