Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what console will future suikodens be on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
I don't intend to buy a PS3, Suikoden or no Suikoden. No series is worth the 600 dollar entrance fee.

my feelings exactly. it would probably be better that suikoden stays on the playstation, but i don't see that happening if ps3s don't start selling.

it wouldn't be difficult to put suikoden on the wii. suikoden has never been a really detailed, graphic intense game. and you can play suikoden with one hand, so it could work on the wii.

i think, most likely, if the ps3 isn't the smash hit that sony is trying to make it out to be, suikoden would just end at V rather than be moved to another system.

500 Potch
35 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Suikoden series should stay with the Playstation corporation. I think it would be suitable if they made suikoden games accesible for all platforms to. But if not it should be on the PS3.The graphics on the PS3 are very good and plus i wouldn't wanna change the controls to suikoden. I hate learning new controls.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Outside of the Wii, there's no need to relearn new controls on the Xbox 360 controller.

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i actually think it might go to the wii... going to a nintendo console would actually increase the sales of the game series due to the increased publicity from nintendo and the decreased competition from other rival series.

plus wii is alot cheaper to develop on and since suikoden has never been a profitable franchise for konami i doubt theyd wanna spend so much by going to the ps3.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wii does make the most sense if Konami jumped ship. Suikoden doesn't sell like hotcakes to begin with, and most 360 games are the shooter/action type.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah considering xbox 360 and ps3 cost so much money to develop games on compared to the wii it seems the most logical.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's very likely it'll be on the Playstation 3, thats the obvious answer anyway.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Wii would be the most probably console to go into if Suikoden ever decides to jump ship. But that's assuming that they would, which in my opinion, isn't going to happen anytime soon. We must consider other factors aside from the console cost. Suikoden has grown in the Playstation franchise, and I don't think it's showing signs of going to any other console. It's very likely stay on the PS3 regardless of the price.
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I believe that the point lies not in which console should Suikoden series support, but how the franchise itself is going to fare in the next-gen.

How would the Suikoden series look like in the future? Is it going to be in full 3-D, emulating what other companies intended to do, with "photo-realistic" graphics within games like Devil May Cry, Tekken? Or would Suikoden adopt a rather personal art style, but introducing fresh, not new, elements of gameplay and an intriguing story? I don't know which path Suikoden is going to take, but I do know that I'm not impressed with the current state of gaming, where graphics is the primary concern of games.

But this not contributing the topic. So, allow me to give my personal take on how the Suikoden series would fare in the next-gen consoles:

Playstation 3

I can only see two paths for these one. First, is that Konami is going to beef up the graphics but keeping the same style of gameplay. Or, it adopts its own graphical style but being innovative in gameplay. Personally, I doubt Konami is going to put a lot of money into Suikoden series, since Japanese developers rarely takes risk in business, at least from my point of view, even the series ended up being in the console.

Also, considering the problems with Sony( such as the being too authoritative and the Lik-Sang affair), I can't say a lot of favorable things for them. Unless they show they are sincere into the gaming industry.

Nintendo Wii

I for one do not think that the Wii-mote is only capable of physical games like Wii-Sports or something like those kind of games. It can also creates traditional games such as those of Dragon Quest, Dynasty Warriors, Metal Slug, etc. It kinda puzzles me when some developers complained about the Wii-mote is going to lower a gamer's fatigue, because it is not necessarily so.

Specification wise, Wii would be the safest to invest Suikoden series into it. Since Suikoden do not contain a lot of gore and blood in the beginning, I'm sure Nintendo would welcome the series with open arms and bless with good advertising campaign.

Xbox 360

I admit I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft and being once skeptical of its console, nevertheless I think Xbox360 has a chance to have the suikoden support. Since it has a superior online capabilities, it provides convenience when Konami wants to add something, it can offer for free downloading. Plus, I don't think Microsoft would require developers develop their games according to their standard. The only redeeming quality about them is that they let their developers do their thing.

So, that's how I view how would Suikoden fare on the next-gen consoles. I don't have a preference for any console, but I definitely like consoles that is the most stable of all( with the appropriate specs and a good deal of third party support are the notable reasons.)
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Son of Liberty wrote:
it can offer for free downloading.

I'm quite intrigued by this idea. This got me into thinking, how would free downloading benefit a traditional RPG such as Suikoden? The Suikoden series isn't really much of a game wherein we need improvements in a particular installment of the game. I could bare with this if Suikoden were an MMORPG, or some kind of fighting game, but it isn't. I surely don't see the Xbox 360's superior online capabilities to help the Suikoden series much, or any other traditional RPG for that matter.
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:

I'm quite intrigued by this idea. This got me into thinking, how would free downloading benefit a traditional RPG such as Suikoden? The Suikoden series isn't really much of a game wherein we need improvements in a particular installment of the game. I could bare with this if Suikoden were an MMORPG, or some kind of fighting game, but it isn't. I surely don't see the Xbox 360's superior online capabilities to help the Suikoden series much, or any other traditional RPG for that matter.

Why not? Some companies have utilized these idea like the ones witn Bullet Witch or DOA Extreme 2.

I does not necessarily need to be like the games mentioned above to utilize downloading. But I think Konami can offer extra scenarios, extra clothes, extra anything, just to make the game have worth replaying.

But don't take my word too seriously though. It's merely a "what-if scenario". It does not necessarily work. Unless Microsoft could make it work.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Son of Liberty wrote:
But I think Konami can offer extra scenarios, extra clothes, extra anything, just to make the game have worth replaying.

Well, Konami could have just placed these extra bonuses right there and then and just be unlockable once the gamer finishes one playthrough. That, to me, is more practical than downloading them. I've never really even thought of RPGs to be have good replayability values in the first place. These stuff aren't really good for RPG games, in my opinion.

Call me a prick, but I really am not buying into the downloading stuff for Suikoden. It just doesn't feel right for me. But it's just me, I guess.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're the same there, I'm not into downloading those kinds of things.

Well to stay on course, PS3 is still my #1 choice.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
fathamburger

2942 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, FINALLY this is here lol. I just posted my feelings over in the Suiko 6 thread... but I wrote that post a month ago too (new user rules).

Anyhow, personally I would like to see it on the 360 that I've mentioned before but I will also buy any of the other systems (wii and ps3) for it too. As a game developer I know it will be more cost effective for Konami to develop for the 360 vs PS3 but that is offset by the community of the 360 which is predominantly Western and shooter based (evident whenever most of them name their top games). A lot of them think that japanese games are "gay" and if only having xbox games as their frame of reference I can't say I blame them. That system needs good RPG's and could easily gain a new fanbase there from less competition, but could easily disappear without being noticed too.

My next preference would be Wii just because Suikoden is a story and character based game, bloodless when it comes to violence and like some of you have pointed out, Nintendo would welcome with open arms. The mini games should also be interesting with the Wiimote ;) The Wii has been more successful than the PS3 so this would also make sense. Basically as much as you guys have pointed out the cultural and historical reasons of why Suikoden should continue on PS3, business and development wise I don't think Konami would go for it. The franchise is already suffering from low numbers and low budget, they would want to grow it, not shrink it which is what would happen if it came to PS3.

On the other hand.. I would consider Suikoden VI a system seller on the PS3 like many of you so who knows... but I think we're alone there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: