Suikoden Unique and Illegal Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Duke's Unit

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of the 4 members of Duke's unit did you like best?
Duke
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Elaine
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Gau
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Nicolas
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
none
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Duke's Unit Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess it's Duke as he has the most appeal among the 4

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gau - I love Gau. He's one of my favourite characters from Suikoden III. The no tail thing is quite a nice touch as well.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a tie between Elaine and Gau, so I can't really vote.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Nicolas. Multiple reasons why Nicolas is the best.

First off, I think Duke is cool and a great character, but there's too many great swordsmen in Suikoden III that overshadow him. Duke is a lesser Geddoe or Futch. Therefor, his usefulness isn't very high, although he's not bad in battle. Character wise, he's a nice character as he gives Geddoe an inspiration to better his unit and their performance. But I didn't like his siding with Luc for a while.

Elaine has sex appeal, which is far more than Queen ever had. But as far as usefulness in battle, she was subpar, but on par with Queen. However she never made any of my major parties because she wasn't anything spectacular. Her storyline was decent, as she has had a past with Ace and I loved when those two interacted.

Gau was one of the better designed characters in the game. If you know me at all, you know I like non-human characters like Kobolds, Nays and such, so Gau's already a +1 on the scale. Add in his demeanor and unique pole-arm like weapon and he's pretty cool. However in battle he's probably the weakest of the squad. Elaine could have good magic, and both Duke and Nicolas have their offensive and defensive perks. Gau got nothing special. He's not overly fast, overly strong, defensive or magical. He's blah, and for that reason alone I chose not to select Gau.

On to Nicolas. He was outstanding and made several of my final battle teams. Defensively, you couldn't find anyone who matches up with him in Suikoden III, and only Humphrey in Suikoden II comes to mind in terms of equal defensive ability in the entire series. He's easily the most useful unit in the squad. Personalitywise he didn't exude anyhting spectacular like Duke or Elaine did, but when he spoke, it carried weight. I think he was the Jaques of Duke's squad. Also, Nicolas struck me as the "get the business done" kind of guy. Which often makes some of the most fearsome fighters. Nicolas ruless.

So, after the analysis of all 4, Nicolas comes out on top, because of his vast superiority in battle. Second would be Duke because he's useful enough to make a squad, but not the best. Third is Gau because I really think his character design was astounding, meaning Elaine is last. She's a mostly mage character in a game where you can use people like Estella, Sasarai, Piccolo and Viki, who are all superior to her in magic ability. And she's a whore. Boo hiss, you tramp.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

duke it is for me. don't really have a reason just like the character of him.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Spiraling Entropy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They all appear to be formidable, but they came in way too late in the game to make a real impression.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duke's a cool guy. He's a good fighter, not the best, but he still makes it to some of my teams. I like his character and the way he tries to compete with Geddoe, even though he doesn't stand a chance.

Gau is one of the coolest kobolds in the series. Ridley is number 1 in my book followed by Muto who's just hilarious. Gau is tailess and he's got an eyepatch. How cool is that. He's not all that good in battles though.

I really don't like Elaine. She's not pretty either, her face looks fake...even for a video game character. I think Queen looks better than her. I don't like her personality either. She just has decent magic...that's about it.

There's not much to say about Nicholas. He's just as quiet as Jaques but get's no air time on Suikoden. So basically, it's hard to get to know him. However, he does have amazing HP and defense. I'd rather use Fred, Mua, and Cecile though. They're more appealing to me.

Of the four characters, I chose Duke.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Nicolaus. It was a toss up between him and Duke since I liked them both very much but when it came down to it, I put Nicolaus into some of my parties and didn't put Duke in my serious parties. I took Nicolaus to the final battle against Yuber with Geddoe's Team and not Duke.

Honorable character mention goes to Gau.

Elaine was too... sorry an excuse for a sexy woman character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: