Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rikimaru's Quest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Rikimaru's Quest Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the characters that always baffled me, was Rikimaru, I mean hes either fabricated the idea that hes looking for someone to find revenge on, or he just can't be bothered to find this person. All he ever did or does is sit around eating? I mean is this just a lie so he can travel through the world eating everyone's food. I remember the first time I saw him, the reponse I used was "Whats wrong, you bum?", I mean the guys a joke, although he gives us all a warm fuzzy feeling when you see him lying unconcious next to the inn in Ryube, it's kind of the icon of a new game isn't it, a hairy grown man unconcious in a alley.

Secret 1:
Name: Rikimaru
Position: Infantry Captain
Note: None

By the way, Suikosource has it listed as Kaku for some reason.

Secret 4:
"He says he's out for revenge, but I really don't know..."

I think it's all fabricated to be honest, we never hear of him again and I personally think he died in a small dank alley somewhere.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe he was one of Mathiu's pupils, who knows :)
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Maybe he was one of Mathiu's pupils, who knows :)

One of Mathiu's pupils wouldn't be that dumb or hungry, also they usually don't know how to fight.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe it was something to do with his Wife being killed and he was out for revenge for that, though i don't remember the ins and outs of the whole shebang.

Also there are many other rumours about our Riki many of them unfounded, for one he is believed, for some reason, to be other Silverberg of the time period, Oddessa and Mathiu's unnamed brother.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
i believe it was something to do with his Wife being killed and he was out for revenge for that, though i don't remember the ins and outs of the whole shebang.

Where did you hear that?

AA wrote:
Also there are many other rumours about our Riki many of them unfounded, for one he is believed, for some reason, to be other Silverberg of the time period, Oddessa and Mathiu's unnamed brother.

Yes I read that speculation, I suppose it could be possible.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually it wasn't a wife it is just someone dear to him, and i read it on this very site.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, I think I read somwhere that he wanted to revenge his master.That's also the reason why he has that specific fighting stance...

That's only what I read sometime.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Wait, I think I read somwhere that he wanted to revenge his master.That's also the reason why he has that specific fighting stance...

That was another speculation, that he lost his master (the one he wanted to avenge), so he is now using a ronin stance. (Ronin is a masterless samurai.)

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Sialeeds wrote:

That was another speculation, that he lost his master (the one he wanted to avenge), so he is now using a ronin stance. (Ronin is a masterless samurai.)

That's damn right! Thanks for the correction!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume the story is true, simply because nothing suggest it's untrue.

No-one seems to doubt Wan Fu's similar tale, and he's just as big a bum as Rikimaru ever was (And a drunk, too). Maybe it's the tattoo....

I mean, it's not like Rikimaru ever pulled out the "I'm on a mission of vengeance" card to leech off people, really.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I mean, it's not like Rikimaru ever pulled out the "I'm on a mission of vengeance" card to leech off people, really.

True, but he never really seems that bothered about finding the object of his vengence anyway.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
True, but he never really seems that bothered about finding the object of his vengence anyway.

How do you know that he never really seems that bothered about finding the object of his vengeance? During Suikoden II, he was simply helping the army. I don't think we've seen what he did outside the war.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:

How do you know that he never really seems that bothered about finding the object of his vengeance? During Suikoden II, he was simply helping the army. I don't think we've seen what he did outside the war.

Yes we did, he starved in an alley, thats what he does to pass time.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji wrote:
Yes we did, he starved in an alley, thats what he does to pass time.

That's totally the opposite of what is stated in Rikimaru's ending

~Travelled north once again in search of the object of his revenge.

That's what his ending says. Unless his object of revenge is himself, then he would indeed try to kill himself from starvation.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He just went north to Harmonia to see what kind of food they eat, "object of his revenge" - bah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: