Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tactics - A one time deal or a continual addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I and II are coming out on the PSP. I believe that Rhapsodia made the best list in Japan. I know I liked it.

All the Ideas of a tactics based games on past events are eqaully good I say. There are alot of events that I would like to see fleshed out.

This is sort of off topic, but how would you guys feel if a main game was made under a tatics system?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune of Corruption wrote:

This is sort of off topic, but how would you guys feel if a main game was made under a tatics system?

I wouldn't mind it, but I think it's more limited than the current format, as in Tactics you can really only be an excellent fighter physically or an excellent magician, and no ability to fall inbetween and be say, a decent fighter but also a decent mage who could do a level 4 lighting spell when they needed to. There's less room for experimenting, since only physical fighters can use physical runes and only magicians can create magical ones, leaving the great inbetween characters like Maxine extremely subpar.

Admittedly, I'm biased here as most of my favorite characters to play are in this catagory.

I'd also be annoyed by the excessive dying of non-story characters. It annoyed me in Tactics, and I'd annoy me here, because I like experiment ing with all the characters I can recruit, and it sucks to be completely unable to bring a non-storyline without taking the risk of them dying.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, excessive dying was one of the reasons why I didn't like Tactics that much. I kind of dislike the idea of putting the permanent-death feature into a Suikoden main game, if you ask me.

For one, it would waste all my efforts of recruiting the person, and getting him/her killed would be very dissapointing. It would be even more dissapointing if the recruitment was very hard. Another thing is that I won't get the 108 stars ending. Naturally, in a Suikoden game, completing the stars of destiny would give you the perfect ending for that game. If one character was to die due to a random battle, it would ruin your chances of getting the desired ending, and end up getting more frustrated. That and the other things Sophita pointed out makes the permanent-death not to good for a main Suikoden game.

Other than the permanent-death rule, using the Tactics system for a main Suikoden game isn't too bad of an idea, I guess.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey I'm digging out the thread again and since it's a new year I gotta ask:

Do you think we will see a Suikoden Tactics this or next year?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think so, or we'd have heard about it already.

They'd be keeping a mysteriously tight development on it if it were. I mean, it wasn't that long after Suikoden IV that we heard about Tactics, was it?

That said, I think it's possible we'll see one announced. But I doubt we'll have one by this point next year.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: