Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

ninja warrior..... or sasuke.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue_lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: ninja warrior..... or sasuke. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay theres a show on G4. called ninja warrior. (they call it sasuke in japanese) and its a japanese show thats all done in sub titles sort of on the same lines as MXC or bonzai. and its one of the best shows ever. really im trying to find other people that watch it cause i want to talk to someone about it. its hillarious to watch.

for those of you that dont know about it its a show that has 100 people go through a series of increasingly difficult obsticle courses. theyre are four courses in all and only people that passs a course are allowed to move onto the next one.

for example if 80 people fail the first then only the 20 who passed will be allowed to move on to the second and so on. the courses are to test your skills and each level focuses on a different part of strength.

personally i think its a good show and if you're a fan of MXC then you'll like this one as it is along the same lines. so please anyone thats seen it and enjoys it please tell me so that i may have someone to talk about it with

thanks buff for the banner..... again
little fish

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have seen it advtiesed once and will try to see it.

what time is it on and what days?

is this ok Wes?

P.S. thanks Sophita
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is that what that obstacle course show was? I saw something like that on ESPN. One guy made it to the last obstacle, and he couldn't finish it on time. It was pretty crazy.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this belongs in the media subforum; it will be moved there.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fear not, Blue Lightening, because you have just found another huge fan of the program. I was contemplating whether or not to post this on the forums, but you beat me to it. I just love Ninja Warrior. There need to be more physically challenging gameshows like Ninja Warrior in the US. Most of what we have here is comedy, which, to tell you the truth, gets old. That's why I love this show. It's so different. I love watching all of the participants and learning about them. Most of them are average people. It also helps me learn a little bit more about Japanese culture.

My favorite participants are (I might botch the spellings of their names, just so you know) Makoto Nagano, the fisherman who trains on his boat, Shingo Yamamoto, the gas station manager who is building his own house, Toshihiro Takeda, the fireman from Geifu, and The Octopus (I can't remember his name), just because he's fun to watch. Also, I would like Shunsuke Nagasaki too, but I get tired of the announcers always saying "He's only 18 years old!" or "He's still in high school!" My brother and I always make fun of the announcers for being repetetive. They made me like Bunbei Shiratori less because they kept saying he had "risen like the phoenix after having a heat stroke." Seriously, those announcers need new things to say. I do like how excited they get, though. It's funny.

Is it sad that I know all of their names? I guess I watch too much of the show. My brother and I have it set to record all of the episodes so we don't miss a single one.

As for my favorite obstacles, I enjoy watching The Cliffhanger, The Jump Hang, The Rambling Dice, The Spider Walk, and The Devil Swing. I think those are what they are properly called. The hardest ones seem to be The Rolling Log, The Warped Wall, The Chain Hang? (the second to last obstacle in the second course with the chains that spin around), The Cliffhanger, The Devil Swing, and that one where you have to press your hands and feet against the sides of the metal plates to inch your way across. I forget what that's called.

One thing I really like about the show is how supportive the participants are. They always want the others to succeed. Instead of being super competitive, as we would be in the US, they support their fellow participants. I guess it's easier for them, though, since how well one participant does does not affect one's own chances of success. Still, though, it's great to see them cheering each other on.

I'd love to participate on Ninja Warrior one day. I mean, I think I could get some of the obstacles done. I'm not sure I'd be able to pull myself over The Warped Wall, though. That would probably be where I'd mess up, that is, if I would be able to get past The Rolling Log and The Jump Hang.

Great topic!

Edit: I'd also like to encourage the others here to watch this show as well. It's very entertaining. It's not exactly like MXC, though, since they don't screw up the translations intentionally, but are respectful instead.
blue_lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thank you tonberry!!!!! finally!! i am so freaking happy see i think its a bit annoying too about how the announcers repeat things. one of the other firemen from geifu has 3% body fat!! cause they say it like 20 time in a minute. i like bunpei saratori. i just think hes a cool guy. good to see someone else is a fan. and yeah i agree that they should have more shows like this. and yes you all need to check into it.

so i can assume that you watch mxc too.

Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope. I don't like MXC. It's not funny. I'd prefer to just watch Takeshi's Castle (the actual show). I think that's what it is called.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately I don't get G4 with my cable package but I'll keep an eye out to see if they run anything on the OnDemand section for the G4 channel. I love MXC but more for the events then the announcers but I can take the good with the bad as with so many other things in life.
blue_lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

see i like mxc tonberry cause i like the obsticles and i love watching some of the crashes that happen in mxc. but i think ninja warrior is a better show. especially since you see the same people over and over you sort of start to pick out favorties and root for them.

the worst is when you know that a person has a problem with a particular event... and you sit there watching hoping that this time he'll make it. did you know that according to wikipedia there has been a second ninja warrior winner. it happened at 2006's summer games. but they didnt say who it was. i hope it was bunpei saratori. he's my favorite.

Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. Yeah. I saw it the other night. Makoto Nagano is the second one.
blue_lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nagano?! hes cool! thats sweet. i have the dvr on my charter and have like 15 taped and i gotta watch them so hopefully thats one of the ones i got taped. thanks man.

Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure that's one of the ones you taped. There are some awesome episodes in that particular Ninja Warrior competition.
blue_lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sweet. i cant wait. ive just been working so many hours at work recently and the wife has shows that she watches. so i have to wait my turn. cause i wont lie she deffinatly makes the rules. lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: