Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hello! Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Hello! Project Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So. I was wondering who here listens to any artist or group in the Hello! Project empire? Or if you know anything about it? Or if you know nothing about it, but you're interested now that you've read those last two sentences? Well, if that's the case then you're in luck. :P

Simply put, Hello! Project is a big empire of female Japanese artists or groups under the same labels and are managed by the same person. The founder is a man named Tsunku(the only male in a huge group of women.. haha, eww). It began when he held auditions for a vocalist in his group Sharan Q in 1997. One women had won, and he felt bad for the five women who did not. So he gave them a challenge. Using the name Morning Musume, they had to release a single and have it sell over 50,000 copies in week, then he'll sign a record deal with them. They accepted, recorded Ai no Tane and sold over 50,000.

And so, Morning Musume was signed and began selling singles, albums, getting more members, fans and the like. Eventually, more groups were made inside Hello! Project that consist of members of Morning Musume, or just new people. Eventually, after some members of some groups leave, they pursue a solo career and end up being quite successful. Most of the time.

So I'll just post some information on some of the more popular soloists and groups to inform you guys. :P The information in the quote tags comes from wiki.theppn.

Groups

Morning Musume

Members: Niigaki Risa, Yoshizawa Hitomi, Kamei Eri, Fujimoto Miki, Takahashi Ai, Tanaka Reina, Mitsui Aika, Kusumi Koharu, Michishige Sayumi

Quote:
Morning Musume, sometimes referred to as Momusu or Momusume (often in tabloids, news), is the lead group of the Hello! Project. Beginning back in 1997 on a talent show called ASAYAN, it quickly became, and still remains one of Japan's top all girl groups with a number of hit records and albums.

My comments: The mothership of all Hello! Project. Personally, I'm not too into them. Some of their songs are really good, but I find there's too much members most of the time so there's a lot going on. Still, that's not to say they're a bad group. They do rank high on the best all-girl groups of all time. The group has had its fair share of good and bad members, as well as singles. I really have high hopes for its newest member, Mitsui Aika, but my other favourites are Yoshizawa and Takahashi. My all time favourite song from them is Daite! HOLD ON ME.

Melon Kinenbi

Quote:
Melon Kinenbi or Melon Kinen-bi is one of the most stable Hello! Project groups, with a lineup that has remained unchanged throughout its more than six year history.

Members: Saito Hitomi, Murata Megumi, Ohtani Masae, Shibata Ayumi

My Comments: I love Melon Kinenbi. I love how its had the same members in its long history. Saito is cute beautiful, Ohtani has great hair but my favourite is Murata. She's the one that always wears glasses. I don't why.. it probably is the glasses. :P Anyway, I love the group's style. It's kinda alternative, which sounds great. My favourite song from them is This is unmei, which sounds like something straight out of a musical. Their live performances are great.

v-u-den

Quote:
v-u-den was formed in August of 2004. The group consists of Ishikawa Rika (former member of Morning Musume), Miyoshi Erika (one of the winners of a Hello! Project audition in 2003), and Okada Yui (one of the winners of the Hello! Project Eggs Audition in 2004). This group's formation was announced around the time that Rika's graduation from Morning Musume was announced, and it was stated that after graduation, she would work full-time with Biyuuden.

Members: Ishikawa Rika, Miyoshi Erika, Okada Yui

My Comments: My favourite Hello! Project group of all time. :mrgreen: And it's not just because they're the group that uses sex appeal most or anything. I just love their music. Their newest single, Aisucream to My Purin is so catchy, and some of their other songs, like
Ai Suite Room and Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari are really good too! Yui is my favourite member, she's so pretty. But I like all of them, it was hard to decide. XD Rika recently cut her long hair short and died it blonde, which is kinda.. shocking and not really nice. But she died it back brown, but it's a short curly afro dissaster. I hope it grows back to normal soon. =/

And yes, that is them in my sig right now.

The next two groups are part of Hello! Project Kids. It's a group of 15 young women chosen in an audition in 2002 of over 25,000. They started off just being backup dancers or vocals at some live performances, but ended up having 7 of them forming Berryz Koubou in 2004 and C-ute in 2005.

Berryz Koubou

Quote:
Berryz Koubou or Berryz Kobo is a Hello! Project group featuring seven Hello! Project Kids.

Members: Shimizu Saki, Sudou Maasa, Kumai Yurina, Sugaya Risako, Tokunaga Chinami, Tsugunaga Momoko, Natsuyaki Miyabi

My Comments: Honestly.. I haven't heard much from Hello! Project Kids. It's not that they haven't released much- they have. It's just... I don't know. For some reason, they're kind of a turn off for me. I heard from other people that the kids are really good, though. I've yet to see what's so big about them though. Their single Munasawagi Scarlet) is good, though. I like it. :mrgreen:

C-ute

Quote:
C-ute is Hello! Project group consisting of six Hello! Project Kids, as well as Arihara Kanna, a Hello! Project Egg.

Members:Nakajima Saki, Arihara Kanna, Umeda Erika, Suzuki Airi, Yajima Maimi, Hagiwara Mai, Okai Chisato

My Comments: Sorry, I haven't heard much from them. D: I'm sure they're really good, but I just don't seem to care about them... But don't let my opinions make you decide whether you like them or not.

Soloists

Yuko Nakazawa

Quote:
Nakazawa Yuko is a former member of Morning Musume and is the oldest member of the Hello! Project, as well as its leader. She joined in 1997 as a part of the first generation and was Morning Musume's first leader. She graduated in April 2001 and was the first member to start a solo career in addition to being a member of Morning Musume.

My Comments: I guess you can call Yuko the mother of Hello! Project. She's probably the member that is omst involved. She hosts stuff, is a soloist, an actor... she really has lots to do. She's pretty, too. Her music is also good. I love Urara, as well as Kuyashi Namida Porori. Overall, Yuko's probaby the most experienced Hello! Project member there is.

Natsumi Abe

Quote:
Abe Natsumi was one of the original five members of Morning Musume. She often took the lead in its songs, on occasion singing the entire lead vocal with the other girls acting as backup singers. In 2004, she graduated from the group to pursue a solo career.

My Comments: Natsumi is so pretty. She's really talented as well, and you can tell when you listen to her music. She's released solo albums, been in TV dramas, everything, so she, as well, is very experienced. The only thing that makes me sad is that in late 2004, she was suspended for plagiarism, which kinda makes me question how authentic some of her work is. =/ And it's always at the back of my head when I think of her. Nonetheless, she is one of my favourite members Hello! Project.

Maki Goto

Quote:
Goto Maki joined Morning Musume when she was just 13 and became almost an instant favorite helping them to #1 with the song LOVE Machine. She soon established herself as a talented singer and dancer and took the lead on a large number of Morning Musume tracks.

My Comments: Personally... I don't like Maki that much. She is a talented soloist, but for some reason I can't bring myself to like her. She has had much success with her music, especially her older stuff, Ai no Bakayarou and her newer stuff, SOME BOYS! TOUCH. But.. I don't know. I guess her and I weren't meant to be. =/

Aaand that's all. Well, not really. There are way more groups(GAM, W...), soloists(Matsuura Aya for example) and shuffle units, but I just scraped the surface. I posted the most succesful artists and my favourites. :P So yeah.. anyone listen to them or anyone interested in them now?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: