Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favorite suikoden 5 quote?Spoiler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roy: Oh my precious little Lymmie! Big brother's here to save you!
Zerase: ... You have the Prince's face, but that's where the resemblance ends, sadly. Try acting a bit more regal.
Roy: Shaddup! I'm tryin' my best!
Zerase: The enemy is approaching.
Alenia: So there you are, <Prince's name>?! How dare you intrude into Her Majesty's base of operations! Throw down your weapons!
Roy: Silence! Thou shouldst throweth down THINE weapons! Thou darest to call thineself a Queen's Knight?!
Traitorous wench! Thou stabbethed yon royal family in yon back and sold out to yon wretched nobility!
Remove thyself from mine path, wench. I, vailant Prince <Prince's name>, shall heroically rescue mine beloved sister!
-Queen's Campaign, outside Doraat

Definately a classic and My definate favorite.

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malicesoul said..
Quote:

Mathias - "I shall desposit your loathsome corpse into bottom of the nearest lake"

He just says the same thing over and over again! XD

Mathias was single handedly had my favorite quotes in the game.

He did mix it up a bit

Sometimes a bog sometimes a creek its great!
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V is the most quotable entry in the series, hands down. Konami would be very wise keep the writers and localization people onboard for the next game.

One of my favourites is something Georg said to Dolph during the Gordius mission. I can't remember exactly how it goes, unfortunately. "Your messenger ran into a little bad luck... he ran into me", or words to that effect.
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(paraphrased) Miakis: Hey Prince, during Lym's wedding, I DARE you to scream something like "YOU'LL TAKE MY SISTER FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!" Heheh, I'd do it myself, if they wouldn't kick me out of the Queen's Knights.

Egbert (before you take Stormfist): FINALLY! At long LAST! I thought this day would never COME! But come it HAS, and with great FANFARE! The time has come to let those FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS know that Stormfist does NOT belong to them! We'll SMASH the FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS' castle to TINY, UNRECOGNIZABLE bits!!! We'll STOMP it! And CRUSH it! And CRUSH it! And STOMP it! And then CRUSH it again! Until NO EARTHLY TRACE REMAINS! And then we'll PAVE over the site, just to rub it in! HA HA HA HA HAAAA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA! One could say I'm looking forward to it. Is it noticeable, Your Highness?
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really find Egbert's "FILTHY GODWINS!!!" and his combined words that form super words very hilarious. Some of them that really had me cracking up were:

"That filthy devil, Godwin! He CLOSED the underground passageway, pretending he did so to prevent the infiltration of SUSPICIOUS characters! LIES, I say! They took the other lands from the HOUSE of Aethelbald, and now they PURLOIN our last humble sanctuary! There are no words to describe the EVIl of this FILTHY DEVIL! The BIG CREEPER! The FURBALL! The STUPID MATRIKA!"

"I've heard that you're taking a stand against that FILTHY DEVIL, Godwin! You're going to BASH him up good?! This is absolutely wonderful news! That insalubrious blackguard Godwin is truly the very SOUL of evil incarnate! His PESTIFEROUS being spreads evil to everything it TOUCHES! Stormfist USED to be mine, I tell you! It RIGHTFULLY belongs to the House of Aethelbald! He TOOK it from me, he TRICKED everyone! FILTHY, FILTHY, DEVIL! No QUARTER or MERCY for the FILTHY DEVIL! BASH HIS EXECRABLEMALEFICENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE! DEVIL! PERFIDIOUSMISERABLEODIOUSWRESTCH!! GEETAAAAARRRGH!!!"

"EVERY disaster that occurs in this WORLD can be traced BACK to those FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS! The recent increase in rats! Periodic FLOODING! UNSEASONABLY invasive PLANT GROWTHS! ALL GODWIN PLOTS!"

"Our next target is HATRED FORTRESS?! Why, that's those FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS' FILTHY castle!!! RAZE it to the ground, I say! BURN it to ASH! Grind it TO DUST! AND SALT THE FILTHY EARTH!!! Ah ha ha hah!"

and the infamous "fingernail" line:

"My own two HANDS shall squeeze his neck! I'll STAB him in the forehead with my FINGERNAIL! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I second that. I love everything that Egbert says.

I liked Roy's Shakespearian speech right before he fights Alenia. Calling her a wench, lol. Unfortunately can't remember it so can't quote it.

I also loved Shagure's 'What a pain'. I use it all the time now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Egebert's good. I also liked Wabon's: "Do you want holes in the ground or holes in the enemy? Or do you want holes in the ground FOR the enemy?"

There's too much AWESOME!!! quotes. I wanted some mroe though. :)
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the "fingernail" line made me laugh. My friends and I say that all the time now. I liked most of Zerase's lines, just because she's a lot like me. I also liked Gavaya's line about "I could have married little Lymmie!" and the guards got angry, saying it's treason.

My favorite by far was on Nirva, recruiting Chisato.

"Y'arr! That's not our cap'n! That be a damn harpy!"

"Y'arr! And she be havin' supple legs, too!"

lol Classic.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Egbert is very good when it comes to quotes, especially funny ones. There are a lot of very good quotes in this game, ranging from funny ones like Egbert's and Kyle's quotes to serious ones like Ferid's and Georg's. It's so hard to choose which one is the very best.
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol, I forgot about the pirates.

Such a cliche too. I'm sure they didn't talk like that in Suiko 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: