Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mini-boss combats???[Spoilers?]

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jekzer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Mini-boss combats???[Spoilers?] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello everybody ^^.

I am new here, but I enter this very often ( a great "database" for my favourite saga ;)).

Well the fact is that I bought via ebgames Suikoden 4 ( I am from Barcelona, Spain) and I wanna know one thing: Is there area bosses like in Suikoden 3. I mean bosses that you can fight randomly in combat, not the bosses that protect treasure ( well I am wondering if they exist too).

I played 7-8 hours more or less ( I just arrived for first time to the Nest of Pirates) and I don't noticed any "area boss", except the coffer hairballs and the ones who must kill to continue the game.

Thank you so much and see ya later ;)

PD: I don't think that this post has to be marked as spoiler, but I mention things ( like the hairballs, Nest...) that possibly people don't know ;).
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are some powerful hairballs that are in some chests, but they don't regenerate. Two of the dungeons have bosses that appear at certain points in the dungeon and do appear to regenerate. They don't guard treasure, but they do guard some paths to some Stars of Destiny.

As for area bosses, I have run into previously beaten bosses sailing around on the world map.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jekzer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You say that you beat previous bosses ( could be Water dragon??), i haven't fight any "previous boss" meantime. As for hairballs, i knew that (damn angel :P...).

ANy people who knows more about this theme, please post it ^^.

Thank you.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
They don't guard treasure, but they do guard some paths to some Stars of Destiny.

Which Stars of Destiny are guarded, Shrew? i've gotten all the Stars of Destiny but cannot remember any that were guarded by bosses.

The Guard boss regenerates in the Obel Ruins if you're interested, Jekzer.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You had to fight the Guard in the Obel Ruins before you could get Rakgi and Rikie to join. I'm curious as to the time frame in which the Guard regenerates (is it following the liberation of Obel?) as I have never encountered it after reentering the ruins and making it all the way to the end.

You also need to fight a boss monster (very similar to the water dragon following the hero's exile) before you could meet Warlock. There may be more, but that's all I can recall at the moment.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, I remember the one you had to fight to get Warlock.

But I wouldn't consider the Guard a miniboss, he was a regular boss you had to beat in order to move on with the plot and have Rikie and Rakgi join.

I'm not sure of the timeframe but yeah, I went after liberating Obel for the boss to appear. It's supposed to be one of the toughest bosses in the game, I found the final boss to be harder though.
Lynn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might want to count Travis, as there was an upgraded version of the Guard boss standing between him and you... but amusingly enough, you're actually able to slip by him and head straight for the SoD himself.

Jekzer, you will start encountering Giant Crabs around the middle of the world map, which is the same Giant Crab you fought on the deserted island. There is also Leviathan, which is another version of the boss you fight before acquiring Warlock. I think that monster is usually found somewhere to the right of the map.

There is also another boss monster appearing in random battles near Middleport, but that will come later.

As for the regeneration of the Guard: yes, it's probably after you liberate Obel. I entered the Ruins not long after, and encountered the Guard soon enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you don't need to fight the boss to get to Travis, it's possible to run past him.

Yeah as for the moving island monsters such as Little Daisy, I ran into quite a lot near Middle Port! Behemoths I tell ya!!!
Lynn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But an extremely nice source of potch, especially with a Prosperity Tune and Noah. :twisted:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pearl shells and Hanging scrolls man! Land Shells are awesome!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't consider the Guard to be one of the toughest bosses in the game, though it was time consuming when I fought it. What made it tough at that point was going through the ruins with the enemies within, particularly those jelly monsters which you can't defeat unless you defeat them all in the same turn. Then, you have to fight the Guard yet again, albeit upgraded, immediately after recruiting Rikie and Rakgi... but this time it can heal itself!

I remember thinking "You've gotta be kidding me!" when I was fighting the boss for the second time, all the while depleting my supply of mushrooms on both the hero and Keneth, hoping I had enough to get me through the battle. Oddly enough, both times I fought the Guard, it was a normal physical attack from Jewel which took it down.

In regards to the Moving Islands/Little Daisy, I've been training the archers in anticipation of future encounters. When I encountered Little Daisy while approaching Middleport, I had practically no archers in the ship parties at all, and had to rely primarily on runic attacks. It certainly made for an interesting challenge, and a sweet reward afterwards.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Then, you have to fight the Guard yet again, albeit upgraded, immediately after recruiting Rikie and Rakgi... but this time it can heal itself!

Actually, the damn thing can still heal itself. He just doesn't do is as often.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a new crab at deserted island if you visit it later...

I think all previous bosses you fought would have an upgraded version if you returned to the place later in the game...

The thing you fought at warlock's place is respawnable as well... And it's immediate... You just exit and enter again, you'll encounter it again...
Lynn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
When I encountered Little Daisy while approaching Middleport, I had practically no archers in the ship parties at all, and had to rely primarily on runic attacks. It certainly made for an interesting challenge, and a sweet reward afterwards.

*laughs* I was unprepared for the first battle as well, and had only Viki and Sigurd as my long-range fighters. The Hero's Punishment Rune did almost laughable damage on Little Daisy, and Hervey only had an Earth Rune... Then Viki ran out of spells.

It was almost amusing, really, to watch Sigurd's throwing knives land like little toothpicks on Little Daisy's nose. :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: