Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your list of games you have started but not finished.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Your list of games you have started but not finished. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[ I've done a couple of searches in this forum but I couldn't spot a similar topic, if there is one then please lock and dump this topic and accept my apologies. ]

We all I'm sure have a great big pile of games that we have started but never gotten around to finishing be it down to losing interest, game difficulty or being distracted by other shinier games. Even I worse I'm fairly sure a lot of us have games that we have bought but never even played. So what's your list?

Here's mine:

Started but not finished

Kessen 2 (PS2)
Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time (PS2)
FFX: 2 (PS2)
Legend of Zelda - Majoras Mask (N64)
Sword of Mana (GBA)
Final Fantasy I (PS1)
Onimusha 2 (PS2)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)

Bought but never played

Kaan: Barbarians Blade (PS2)
Holy Magic Century (N64)
Grandia 2 (PS2)
Need for Speed Underground (PS2)
Evergrace (PS2)
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (PS2)
Final Fantasy II (PS1)
Final Fantasy III (PS1)
Final Fantasy V (PS1)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Guardians Crusade (PS1)
Maximo vs Army of Zin (PS2)

How about some of your unfinished games? Maybe if there is a game I have that I really should play someone could point out why I need to play and finish it :)

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Started but not finished:
Shadow Hearts
Grandia
Persona
Breath of Fire
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy VII
XIII
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Lunar
Skygunner
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 3
Shining Force Neo
Dragon Quest VIII
Dual Hearts
Tenchu III

(Man...I need to play these again)

Bought but never played:
Smackdown: Know Your Role
Railroad Tycoon
.Hack

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You really should finish off Dragon Quest 8, I did so over the weekend - it's a great game (apart from the load times).

Anyway you reminded me of 2 more.

Started but not finished
Breath of Fire (GBA)

Bought but never played
Breath of Fire 2

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only a few I've started and never finished:

Azure Dreams (Good game, but I got so dissapointed when I found out the American version wouldn't let me date the guy :( )

Dragon Quest VII / Dragon Quest VIII (I should have learned my lesson. If I hated DQVII, I shouldn't have gotten VIII. For some reason I just couldn't play these games)

Parasite Eve

Hoshigami: Running Blue Earth (Eww)

I've never bought a game and not played it at least a little bit.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh glory be... What an awesome idea!

Here are my Unbeaten Games:
Final Fantasy III DS
Final Fantasy IV*
Final Fantasy VIII*
Final Fantasy IX*
Final Fantasy X-2*
Breath of Fire IV
Atelier Iris
Dragon Quest VIII*
Wild Arms 3
La Pucelle: Tactics
Phantom Brave
Shining Force Neo
Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time
Xenosaga I
Xenosaga II
Katamari Damacy
Radiata Stories
Kingdom Hearts*
Tales of Destiny II
Tales of Legendia
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia*
Guardian's Crusade
Ogre Battle
Fire Emblem DS

I consider games unbeaten if I have not completely dominated them. Some games above I got to the final bossa nd beat him/her/it but never did a lot of the sidequests so I feel I have not fully beaten them. Those I've not beaten fully are asterisked. Tjose that I haven't even gotten to the final boss are not asterisked.

I just bought Tales of Legendia like on Saturday so I'm now working on that. I shouls work on getting some of these games off that list, like the Nippon Ichi ones, those aren't too hard to beat, just time consuming. Also, I can just go crush Kingdom Hearts any time I want, I just haven't.

Decado, I am slightly confused because of the Numerical problems the Final Fantasy series has undergone, but I believe its almost universal that we go by the Japanese system and Final Fantasy III was never released fopr Playstation 1 or 2 for that matter, it was only released on the DS recently. I am to assume that the Final Fantasy III on your list is in reality Final Fantasy VI. But this poses a problem for the Final Fantasy II on that list. Both Final Fantasy I and II were released as Final Fantasy Origins, and you do have Final Fantasy I in your list of unbeaten games. Tis leads me to deduce that the Final Fantasy II you list is the real Final Fantasy II from Japan and not the misnamed Final Fantasy II which is actually Final Fantasy IV. But you did misname Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy III, so which is it since both Final Fantasy II and IV were released on the Playstaion 1.

Regardless of the misnaming issues, I suggest you play Final Fantasy VI through just so you can truly say you've played it and beaten it. There's some sort of prerequisite of playing the "great Final Fantasies" to consider yourself a true RPG lover. For its time it was a masterpeice on par with Chrono Trigger. Play it, beat it and love it.

Thor, for you the answer is blindingly obvious. Final Fantasy VII (and if the III you cite is truly VI) is a must play. For god's sake, fanboys aside, the game is excellent. Even those who love VIII and IX more than VII agree that FFVII was definitely one of the more fun games made in the PS1 era.

Also Thor, Lunar. If you have the Playstation version its packed with aweesome scenes and the story is fun and lighthearted. But even if you only have the Game Boy version (I have both, I'm a big Lunar: SSS Fan) its still worth your time as the game essentially is the same. Its a lot of fun.

Oh, and Dragon Quest VIII is a must play. I know I haven't mastered the game, but for all intents and purposes I have beaten it. I found it a breath of fresh air in a recent flux of mediocre games. I trie of learning overly complex fighting systems and spending half of my gameplay shuffling through 30 menus, and Dragon Quest VIII cures that ailment. Its story was not over the top dramatic like most recent games are and the graphics aren't overly real to make loading a pain in the tookas. Play it, you won't regret it!

Thats my analysis for you two. Gimme your takes.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only game i've started and haven't finished yet is kingdom hearts 2. game i've bought and haven't played yet is dragon quest 8.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Decado, I am slightly confused because of the Numerical problems the Final Fantasy series has undergone,

I got myself turned around there. I have attempted FFI, but not FFII, I've beaten FFIV on the PS1 and the GBA and I've beaten FFVI. Ignore the other ones, I assumed I had all the previous ones when it turns out I didn't :)

I am aiming to get FFXII for Xmas.

I haven't played most of yours MK with the exception of Breath of Fire IV which was a pretty solid game, not quite as fun as BOF III IMO but definitely one of the better RPGs for the PS1. Actually starting play as a level 60ish character was a great idea for that.

I have to disagree with your FFVIII opinion though, I found that despite starting off well the game grew to be tedious and I finished it with relief.

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could have sworn I've seen this topic somewhere... hmmm... maybe not.

Started but not Finished
1. Kingdom Hearts. I really liked the game, but when I got to Atlantica, it got old fast. I really hate that level, if only I could beat it, I might actuelly have finished the game, although finishing it is not out of the question.

2. Final Fantasy VII. I made it as far as the second Sephiroth. I really didn't intend to beat the end boss with the party the way it was. I just went to the Crater immediately following getting out of Midgar to see how far I could get without training and I made it past Jenova, and a colossal upset of first Sephiroth before I was annihilated by that cheap Meteor skill. Then, while training, it just got old after a while. Getting the golden chocobo is tough.

3. Final Fantasy VI. I made it far, but then I got Dragon Quest VIII for Christmas. That was the end of this game for sure.

4. Final Fantasy X. I will admit, I didn't make it very far, but my blitzball team OWNED. I kept playing that damned game until I got bored of the game itself.

5. Final Fantasy VIII. I made it far again, like a lot of Final Fantasies, I just can't seem to finish them. I made it near the end when I found out that I couldn't get the ultimate weapon I got discouraged and gave up on the game. A few years later I tried starting the game over and got bored of the whole Draw magic real quick. That didn't last long.

6. Grandia 2. That game just never ended. There were several points in the game where it would seem like I would be near the end, but something else would come up and it would last a long time more. I just got bored of the neverending gameplay and gave up.

7. Final Fantasy Tactics. I never could beat the guy when he turned into a demon. I tried starting over, but now I can't get past another point. Fortunately, trying again got me back into Disgaea, which would be on this list had that not happened.

8. Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time. Awful game.

9. Legend of Zelda. Pretty much all of them not including A Link to the Past. For Orcarina of Time, I got far but I gave up probably because of new games. Plus, I think the battle system can get a little old and annoying if you keep dying. For Majora's Mask, I played a couple days, but that's about it. It was a little fun, just more fun games came about.

10. Breath of Fire III. It was a rented game.

11. Dragon Quest VIII. A game I almost forgot to put. I loved the game, and still love it, but the first time I played it I stopped because I got Suikoden V, which takes priority over everything else. I started again, but I stopped when I went to college because there really isn't a time I felt like playing it. I rarely got the TV, and the game was very long, so I didn't have the time to finish. I will try to finish it sometime, though, but that might not be for a while.

12. Suikoden IV. Man. I almost beat it just because it was a Suikoden... but I thought it sucked completely.

13. Suikoden Tactics. I got bored of it, since I had better games to play (Dragon Quest VIII).

I left out MOST of the older games, since if I got into those, I'd have a list of over 50, maybe more than 60 or 70. I start games and don't finish them a lot.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Started but not finished
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 4
Suikoden 5
Final fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 12
Xenosaga 2
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
bought but has not started
Xenosaga 3

I like all those games and I have gotten up until the very end in all of them, but for some reasons I have not finished them. Final Fantasy 8 has been waiting for me to finish it for about 5 years now.
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Firefly wrote:
Hoshigami: Running Blue Earth (Eww)

HAHAHAHA. I can't believe anyone else suffered through this game like I did. I'm glad that you weren't insane enough to try and finish it because man, by the third level I just wanted to literally keel over and die.

In anycase, I have a bunch but 'playing the first 5 minutes, creating a save and playing another game' doesn't really qualify as unfinished for me. So...

Radiata Stories (I am so sorry but... when does the game become fun, exactly?)
Final Fantasy XII
Suikoden V (Getting there!)
Silent Hill 3
Disgaea 2 (The writing disappoints me. THAT'S JUST NOT MY STYLE.)
Shadow Hearts: From the New World (Almost done!)
Sengoku Basara (Since I haven't gotten Tadakatsu Honda, the game is still unfinished for me but using Shimazu is just... so... boring...)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (I WILL NEVER FINISH THIS IT IS TOO LONG)

...and a bunch of other games I'm sure I've left out.

Last edited by Artificity on Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'm only going to include games I still own.

Started, not finished
Valkyrie Profile 2
This is my current project. I'm bogged down with work, and this 3rd chapter is boring me. I've been trying to get some certain characters to level 40 to get some nice weapons, but I think I'm going to give up and just push forward.

Grandia III
Fun gameplay. Nice presentation. Terrible story and dialogue that makes me want to stop after five minutes.

Dark Cloud 2
I really liked this game. There was just always stuff that popped up that interested me more.

Bought, but not played
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
I just keep putting off playing these. If I play anything on the gamecube, it just ends up being Resident Evil 4.

Romancing Saga
Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's try to stick with games currently owned. I imagine there's at least a hundred games I've never beaten simply because I played them as rentals, or borrowed them from friends.

For me, this list consists of games I currently own and don't play at all:

Kessen III - I really like this game, even if they paint a brutal warlord as this annoyingly charismatic and super-cheery leader of men. The strategy isn't really there and hasn't been since the original, but it's difficult in its own right.

Tales of Rebirth - I absolutely love the characters and the battle system, but I keep getting my ass handed to me in some tomb thing. I'll pick it back up soon.

Shining Force NEO - I would actually play this, but I can't find it. It's pretty mindless, but the equipment and "class customization" system is ridiculously deep. I look forward to EXA, its pseudo-sequel.

Shining Tears - Sort of like the inverse of NEO. Atrocious combat, but a somewhat interesting story that was a cross between Fire Emblem and Suikoden.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil - A really great platformer I hated having to stop. I'm a ocmpletionist, and all of these optional collecting things I wanted to do were killing me.

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber - Yeah, I just stopped busting out the 64 is all.

Last edited by Leb on Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I could have sworn I've seen this topic somewhere... hmmm... maybe not.

I know, I had that same feeling of deja vu myself! Anyways

PS1 - Valkyrie Profile: With this one, it counts just because I haven't finished it, but I'm in the process of playing it on the boat, so I haven't abandoned it, I'm just going very, very slowly with it. I'm starting to get the hang of the game too, and it's turning out to be rather fun. I may have to add Valkyrie Profile 2 to my bought and haven't played list Smile

PS2 - Wild Arms 3: I didn't have anything against this, there were just conspiracies abounding against it. Back when I was playing this, I was just about caught up on my games list. Then Suikoden 4 came out so I abandoned it to play what I was expecting to be Suikogoodness (it's a word, look it up. If you can't find it, look harder) and I think the game was just so bad that I went into a period of mourning and couldn't bring myself to fire up my poor, wounded PS2 for awhile. It's all Suikoden 4's fault that I fell behind on my video gaming!

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia: What's this style called? Action RPG? Well, whatever the official name of it is, I call it crap. It's purely unplayable. Maybe if they got an AI that had more intelligence than a retarded banana slug, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but if I have to control all the characters on the screen and can't trust the computer to handle simple tasks like maybe healing me when I start to get beaten up, then I might as well be playing a traditional turn based RPG. I could probably go on for pages ranting my hatred of this style of play, but it would be just that, senseless ranting. I'll end it with saying I will never, ever finish or restart playing this game for the rest of my life.

And now for the grand high list of games that I've bought and haven't even removed from the case yet

1. Dragon Quest VIII

2. Xenosaga III

3. Star Wars Episode III

4. Radiata Stories

5. Wild Arms 4

6. Wild Arms Alter Code F

7. Grandia 2

8. Grandia Xtreme

9. Grandia 3

10. Ys The Ark of Napishtim

11. Xenosaga 2

12. Final Fantasy X

13. Final Fantasy X-2

14. Star Ocean 3

~Uguu!~
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

odd...I thought I remember answering a topic like this one a while ago...
hmm...maybe it was at another forum....
or I was dreaming about....real life again <.<

ANYWAY
Brace yourselves....this list is probably IN NO WAY completely conclusive
(meaning...I've probably forgotton a bunch more games then what I've listed)

Currently in the middle of playing
(yeah yeah...I notice I have a tendency to play several games simultaneously...)

Xenosaga 3(PS2)
Altelier Iris(PS2)
Okami (PS2)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Lost Magic (DS)
Contact (DS)
Baten Kaitos Origins (GCN)

Started but will never (and may never) finish

--Saiyuki: Journey West(PS1)
--Monster Rancher 2(PS1) [wait...can you even say this game has an end???]
--Amazing Island(GCN) [ditto with the previous comment]
--FF7 (PS1)
--FF8 (PS1) [although technically I did beat my friends file....]
--FF: Crystal Chronicles (GCN)
--Zelda limited edition disk (GCN) [this is the one that contains Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, and one of the nes classics
--Unlimited Saga (PS2)
--Okage: the Shadow King (PS2)
--Shadow Hearts: From the New World (PS2)
--Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
--Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 (PS2)
--Lost in Blue (DS)
--Tao's Adventure (DS)

Bought but never/haven't yet played/tried out

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Altelier Iris 2 (PS2)
Call of Duty 3 (Wii)
Rampage (Wii)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
[ I've done a couple of searches in this forum but I couldn't spot a similar topic, if there is one then please lock and dump this topic and accept my apologies. ]

Sorry old man, but this is included in Iskas's topic. So I'll have to accept your apologies and such. ;)

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: