Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Guitar Hero I or II?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero I or II? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm planning on getting a guitar hero game, but I'm not sure which one. I can only get one of them. Would it be better to get the first one and get used to the game a bit, or should I go straight for the second one? What do you guys think?
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends on your musical taste, but all of my friends prefer Guitar Hero I over Guitar Hero II. All of the songs in GH are at least tolerable, but some of the songs in GH2 are just too awful to want to play, but there are a few gems mixed in there. Generally though, GH includes more classics and stays true to a sort-of 70's theme, whereas GHII, there are less classics (though there are still some, Freebird, Rock this Town and Misirlou), and stays true to a more 80's theme, with more hard rock stuff in there.

So, if you like hardcore, it might be a good idea to get GH2. Maybe. But I mantain that GH is a lot better. And it's probably cheaper anyway.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd recommend both, but it really depends on what songs you like.

I'd advise you to get Guitar Hero 1. I personally felt that the songs were better carried out, than in 2. GH2's Heart-Shaped Box sounded very emotionless and apathetic to me.

It also seems that GH1's Ziggy Stardust has some cool solo that I can't find anywhere else. Though Smoke On The Water will bore you to death at the beginning. Freebird's worse, though, so go for I. :D

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: