Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Equipment Set Effects

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Equipment Set Effects Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 3, equipment sets were introduced into the series, such as the Pale Gate Set and the Presperity Set. These set equipment are individually so-so, but when you have the whole set, you gain bonuses that offset the mediccrity of the individual pieces of armor.

In Suikoden 4, there are a total of 20 sets, and they give characters a wide array of special bonuses. Here I will list them all for reference.

Ogre Set- Permanent Fury Status

Venus Set- MDEF +10%; Chance of being "guarded" when near-death +20%

Hero Set- SKL +10%; SPD +10%; ATK +10%

Bondage Set- MDEF +25%; SPD +5%; EVD +5%

Diamond Set- MDEF +25%; DEF +10%

Mermaid Set- MDEF +25%; Immunity to Water Element

Tengu Set- ATK +20%

Unicorn Set- Heal 5% of MAX HP every round

Pirate King Set- Damage received from most elements -10%;
Defense +10%; MDEF +10%

Guardian Set- Alert status after 4 rounds; DEF +10%

Dragon Bone Set- Def +5%; MDEF +5%; Fire Element Damage -10%

Ninja Set- Critical Attack +5%; SPD +10%

Aristocrat Set- Heal 1% of MAX HP every round; MDEF +5%; MAG +5%; SPED +10%

Samurai Set- Physical element magic damage -10%; ATK +10%

Silk Set- MDEF +5%; SPD +10%; MAG +5%

Magic Set- Damage from five elements, physical, and dark element magic -5%; MAG +10%

Pirate Set- ATK +10%; DEF +10%; Damage from water element attack -5%

Master Set- SKL +20%; ATK +10%; Damage from physical element magic -5%

Wing Set- SPD +10%; EVD +10%; LUCK +10%; Damage from wind element attack -10%

Platinum Set- MAG +10%; MDEF +25%
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool thanks for that information SARSadmin I like the sound of the added effects of those armor sets. I would think my favorites would have to be the Hero Set (of coarse ha ha) or perhaps the Diamond Set for the all around defensive protection it offers.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The diamond set is pretty good because you can buy all of the pieces of armor from ships. Most of the oter items are harder to get.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a good incentive though to get the whole sets. I look forward to exploiting this system somewhat when Suikoden 4 is released soon...Just a couple more months...
Also the Ogre Set sounds intriguing as having a permanent Fury Status would help out in increasing your strength without having to waste a Rune slot for your character. I am sure if Diaz or Lord Dredd were Suikoden characters this Fury ability would come naturally to them and not require a Rune nor special Equipment ha ha. The heat of battle and their bloodlust would take care of putting them in a rage sure enough on its own...And I now await what would be most likely be their mutual agreement...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know which of these do not carry over into New Game +, and whether any of them have different names in English? I know I have not seen the Ogre or Tengu sets, for example....
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hero Set, The Guardian Set and The Pirate King set are the only ones that do not carry over. Which are course of the three main ones people use.

The ogre set is still the ogre set. The Tengu set is the goblin set, the samurai set is the warrior set and the aristocrate set is the noble set. Those are the only ones I could find that are translated differently.

Most can be forged at your smithy you just need the right hammer, but some are a pain in the butt, like the venus set. The rest can be made at the tailor.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That reminds me. Most of these require the good material. Where do you find it? All I ever see is the bad quality of the stuff I need.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You gotta hit the trading posts and buy an incredibly large number (10 for the next step, like, 30 for the good stuff) and sell it to another post, buy some more, sell, lather, rinse, repeat. Then the post will start selling all the rankings of material.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awww sithspawn. I've been hording them! >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: