Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Prestige

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: The Prestige Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this movie last night, and had some fairly high expectations for it, considering how some friends told me it was pretty good and all that. However, I never expected it to be so good. This is definitely one of the best movies I've seen all year, and I recommend it to anyone who might be looking for a movie to watch this weekend.

For me, the reason I liked it was probably a mix between the development of the characters, and the fact that it isn't really a story like most you see in theaters these days.

Oh, I also want to know what everyone thought about it. What did you think of the plot, did you see some of the stuff that happened coming since miles away? Did you like the characters? WHoever saw this movie, I'd like to see what you thought of it

Take Care everyone :)
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't watched thsi movie yet, but from what I've heard it's good. And to all of you who have, or haven't watched this movie, I recommend you also try watching Infernal Affairs, the Chinese one that inspired this movie.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I didn't know this movie was inspired by another one! Thanks for the info there Axis, though I doubt I'll ever find that movie around here. THis is like the worst place ever if you're into movies.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed it, too. And "Batman vs. Wolverine" ended just as I always said it would. I did figure out the Christian Bale twist pretty early, though.

By the by, David Bowie is excellent as Tesla. He was not at all what I would expect. You would think a director would cast him because they wanted camp or over-the-top, but his performance was quite superb.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
And to all of you who have, or haven't watched this movie, I recommend you also try watching Infernal Affairs, the Chinese one that inspired this movie.

You're thinking of The Departed I think, Axis.

The Prestige is about two magicians that turn their friendship into competition to who can pull the best trick. Apparently Christian Bale's character pulled the perfect trick and used actual magic.

I havn't seen it though so I don't know if I'm right. I can't wait to watch it however as it looks really interesting.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You're thinking of The Departed I think, Axis.

AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. You're right. Uh-oh. :shock:

Damn-movies-with-the-thes. But yes. I'll surely see this.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
I really enjoyed it, too. And "Batman vs. Wolverine" ended just as I always said it would. I did figure out the Christian Bale twist pretty early, though.

By the by, David Bowie is excellent as Tesla. He was not at all what I would expect. You would think a director would cast him because they wanted camp or over-the-top, but his performance was quite superb.

Ah, I kinda suspected part of the twist, but didn't really get it until it was all revealed in the end. I really can't say specific, seeing as it might completely spoil the movie for someone else though.

Haha, and I like the Batman vs. Wolverine thing! I might use that sometime soon.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The twist and turns in The Prestige doesn't really try to trick the audience. As the first line of the voice-over says in the beginning of the film the secret and mystery of the tale could be easily solved if you were watching closely.

For me the enjoyment wasn't solving the mystery but rather seeing how Nolan was able to adapt the book by Christopher Priest which I've read. I didn't think Nolan could pull it off but he did and in a way that he pretty much followed the book to a T but still able to put in his signature displaced timeline techniques.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: