Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Double Post and Topic Disappearance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Double Post and Topic Disappearance Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went to post in a thread in the Nameless Lands forum. "^<v" for your reference, Vector. Continuing on, I tried to post and a white screen came up. I've been getting that a lot lately. I tried to reload my page but pressed back right after (meaning I clicked "Reload" but clicked "Back" right after) and checked to see if it posted. It did, but it was a double post. I tried to delete the second post, but I got that white screen again. I reloaded the page, and I got the after deletion page. I clicked to return to the topic, but it said it didn't exist. I went back to the nation forum and the topic wasn't there.

I don't know much about this stuff, so I sure hope I didn't cause the topic to be lost forever.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sometimes happens when--

1) You make a topic and a white screen shows up (load time issue).

2) You post again, thinking it didn't go through.

3) As a result, you end up double posting.

4) Some other moderator spots the double post and deletes it at the same time you delete one of your posts.

5) As a result, both posts are deleted.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, so this isn't much of a problem? The topic will be fine and just reappear?

Sorry if I sound a bit naive, but I just want to be sure I didn't cause a major issue.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I have NO IDEA what happened, but somehow what you did seems to have severed what connected the topic with the Nameless Lands forum. I reconnected it, but it's very strange indeed.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm relieved to see that you fixed it. Thanks, Vector.

I think I'll refrain from deleting my own posts for awhile. I'll let the moderators do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: