Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Time Out -> Auto Logout Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Time Out -> Auto Logout Problem Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been having this problem sometimes. Not that often, but it's weird enough to make me wonder why it happens and if there are others that experience the same thing or not.

When I either go to the forum (any forum), I sometimes time-out and just can't open the forum. Then I refresh, it would load the page, but then I'd be logged out instead of logged in despite me never even logging out.

This is even worse if this happens when I post something. I clicked the Submit button, then nothing happened. I open Suikox on a different tab, I'd be in logged out position and the post didn't show up. So I logged back in, and re-submit the post. And I'd end up double-posting despite there was no "first post" when I checked on the other tab.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here? It's no big deal, but it'd be more convenient if there is any suggestion on how to solve this problem.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This problem has been reported a number of times in the past, but it's either due to your cookie getting corrupted (in which case you can delete your cookie), or there's some sort of browser problem, which often happens when your settings reset after an upgrade.

Somebody else should have a better idea about the browser issue, because I don't know much about it.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a similar "problem" but it doesn't effect me the same way it effects Black Pesmerga. If I try to load Suikox initially and it's going a bit a slow, I generally stop the net and retry Suikox. It loads straight away but I'm logged out.

I figure it's a similar issue to what BP is suffering from so I thought I'd mention it, but I don't think mine's really a problem.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose, it's very similar to mine. It's just that I waited it out until it's time out while you stopped the net. The result of the second try is definitely the same that we're both logged out (I'm sure you also find it that when you login that your Axiose name is already listed on the Who is Online list?)

When it happened to me when posting, it would generally not time out, but just kind of like the "Arrow Hourglass" cursor quickly changing to "Arrow" cursor again as if it has finished loading/doingwhatever but nothing happened. Then I got logged out when I retried. >.<;;

Vector Xthonic, I'll try deleting my cookies, and I use Firefox if anyone else is having similar problem or have any suggestions.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Firefox as well, but the only real problem I have is constant timeouts. The only time I really find myself logged out is if I try to use another browser (generally IE or Netscape) to "coax" Firefox into loading the oage as, often, IE will log me on automatically.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lately, i've been having this kind of problem too...
and it happens when i open like multiple topics at a time...
do you think it's another reason of the time out problem??
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a problem similar to this is also occuring in my poor Firefox.

Long time ago, I used to directly access the forums and not go through the main page. Whenever I loaded the page, I would always be logged in, since I normally don't log out at nighttime.

Recently, though, this hasn't been the case. Whenever I access the forums, I'm always logged ouut. I log in, and post. Then i don't log out anymore, as i just close the browser window. It's always been like that, but lately whenever I go back here, I'm always logged out.

This has been quite an annoyance for me, as I haven't done any major upgrade recently - well, I did install Bit Torrent again, but I don't think that's where the problem stems from.

I don't even know how to delete cookies from Firefox - I suck badly at using this since I'm more accustomed to IE. AQnyone know how?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:
I don't even know how to delete cookies from Firefox - I suck badly at using this since I'm more accustomed to IE. AQnyone know how?

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Delete Cookies

I've recieved a few time out errors, but I think that it is just the server occasionally having that point of "Where am I?" and then on a refresh, the server displays the page fine and dandy.

Flamo Bringer wrote:
Lately, i've been having this kind of problem too...
and it happens when i open like multiple topics at a time...
do you think it's another reason of the time out problem??

Well it may be that if theres alot of people online at once, and you're trying to open more conenctions with the server, it's putting a bit of a strain on, or it's something to do with your windows only allowing a certain amount of connections out to the internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: