Suikoden Urgent and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Godwin or Barrows (spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I actually think that if they didn't attack it only would have be a matter of time before the sun rune took full control of arshtat like it did and prolly would have killed every one in falena and her family.

Actually, THEY are the reason why Arshtat had to bear the Sun Rune, they are itching to get their hands on it. So if Arshtat was to go mad and start nuking Falaena, it will indirectly be their fault.

Godwin doesn't give a shit what Arshtat and Ferid thinks or what happens to the Royal Family IMO. They want a powerful, united Falaena for themselves, although I suspect that his wife's death had something to do with that...Remember Mascarl and Gizel are also victims of the Falaena Succession Conflict AND the following Armes Invasion. In any case, the old Arshtat wasn't doing that bad a job as Queen. Strictly from a national interest sense, there isn't a cause to remove her or induce and change in the government.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both factions are full of jerks, lets not forget that Salum Barows was responsible for the succession war practically. Suikoden V just relives another struggle, but this time initiated by the Godwins, the succession war just sheds light why these two factions cannot co-exist or even exist by themselves in Falena any longer, they are too greedy and manipulative. Both factions are related to the royal family because of the sacred games, and we see them attempting yet again to get a hold of power in Suikoden V. I don't really prefer either because I hate them both equally.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think in generally they are both awful. I am not through the game so I don't know what changes may come in the end, but at the moment both factions are pretty bad. Wes already said enough about the guilt of both families so I don't feel the need to repeat it.
The only reason I prefer the cruel Godwins over the Barows with their weird taste for fashion and art is that Barows seems so useless that it actually hurts. They are talking accidentally about their crimes and such things... Jerks!

The Fool
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only reason I like the Barrows better is because of Luserina. I wonder if she'll take over the family in the future (with Salum out of the picture, and who knows about Euram)? If so, then I'm sure that she might be able to return the family back to it's original glory, except only honestly, unlike her father/brother.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Prince Falenas

Tinto Dragons (Formerly Falenan Dragons)

156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan, you raise a good point. But then, I was more for the Barows anyway, 'cause I don't support genocide.

Thanks, Dew Dust!
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mean seriously, except for Salum I don't see the children of the Barrows to be that bad...but then it could be that they had a relatively decent childhood. While Gizel had his affections and dreams played around by politics in gthe palace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: