Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

bitter Suikoden 2 experience (spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm 100% sure on Boris/Ridley bit. Abizboah is SoD, but Rulodia is not. So if you get Rulodia, then you'd miss out on the other animal SoD ^^ and therefore cannot get all 108 SoD.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if Rulodia were a star, which she isn't, then you'd miss out on recruiting Ayda by getting both the mollusks anyway.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Time for this to end now.

Suikosource wrote:

In order to save Nanami and see the "best" ending, you must first gather the 108 Stars of Destiny before choosing to invade Rockaxe. You will know you have accomplished this task if Leknaat appears during the rally and unlocks the fourth level spell of the Bright Shield, Forgiver Sign. Then Nanami must have a total DEF value of 121 or greater (you can use equipment to boost her DEF) when she and Riou reach Gorudo during the siege of Matilda Castle. Then you must select either dialogue option when she is deflecting the arrows; there is a time limit for this dialogue selection. Afterwards, Huan should have a private word with Shu after he claims to have failed to save Nanami. Please note that Nanami will still be unavailable for the rest of the game.
With that being said, in order to see Nanami alive you must get the "best" ending, which consists of not entering the meeting room in your castle but instead going to Tenzan Pass to meet Jowy at the place the friends swore to wait for each other if separated. Do not defeat Jowy in the duels he forces upon Riou, and when he tries to give you his true rune, keep rejecting it. Eventually, the end sequence will start
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two unmentioned points:

1. You need to make sure Nanami's defense stat is high - you can do this by having her at about the same level as Riou at Rockaxe, and equipping her with fairly powerful armour, this is the gameplay aspect of the event.

2. You must select "Nanami!" instead of ". . ." when Nanami attempts to protect Riou and Jowy, you only have a certain amount of time to do this in, so be sure to press down and enter quickly.

Of course having all 108 stars of destiny is a requirement, having all these should ensure Nanami stays alive, although you'd think she died the way the game hides it.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
Two unmentioned points:

1. You need to make sure Nanami's defense stat is high - you can do this by having her at about the same level as Riou at Rockaxe, and equipping her with fairly powerful armour, this is the gameplay aspect of the event.

2. You must select "Nanami!" instead of ". . ." when Nanami attempts to protect Riou and Jowy, you only have a certain amount of time to do this in, so be sure to press down and enter quickly.

Of course having all 108 stars of destiny is a requirement, having all these should ensure Nanami stays alive, although you'd think she died the way the game hides it.

Wrong. The only requirements are:

*Nanami DEF 121 or higher.
    *All 108 Stars of Destiny.
    *Select either dialogue option before it dissappears.

That is it. You know you did it right when Huan asks to talk to Shu after Nanami "dies."

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the second text option only works for me when I did it. :)
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
Well the second text option only works for me when I did it. :)

There's a time limit when you pick between the choices. You only have half a second to pick your choice. You may have not chosen the option fast enough to make it work.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
Wes wrote:
Two unmentioned points:

Wrong. The only requirements are:

*Nanami DEF 121 or higher.
    *All 108 Stars of Destiny.
    *Select either dialogue option before it dissappears.

That is it. You know you did it right when Huan asks to talk to Shu after Nanami "dies."

i also heard updating the suikoden 1 data with all 108 stars also helps it out.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no that has nothing to do with the requirements for the ending, i have managed to get the perfect ending without even having a copy of Suikoden 1 in my home.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't get the good 108 Stars ending with Boris, I tried.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:

Yes, you can. I've done it at least ten times. (not 'cause I hate Ridley, mind you, but because I get a kick out of seeing Shu slap the hero)
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:
Fudozukushi wrote:

Yes, you can. I've done it at least ten times. (not 'cause I hate Ridley, mind you, but because I get a kick out of seeing Shu slap the hero)

I wasn't able to.... stupid game.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
Time for this to end now.

Suikosource wrote:

In order to save Nanami and see the "best" ending, you must first gather the 108 Stars of Destiny before choosing to invade Rockaxe. You will know you have accomplished this task if Leknaat appears during the rally and unlocks the fourth level spell of the Bright Shield, Forgiver Sign. Then Nanami must have a total DEF value of 121 or greater (you can use equipment to boost her DEF) when she and Riou reach Gorudo during the siege of Matilda Castle. Then you must select either dialogue option when she is deflecting the arrows; there is a time limit for this dialogue selection. Afterwards, Huan should have a private word with Shu after he claims to have failed to save Nanami. Please note that Nanami will still be unavailable for the rest of the game.
With that being said, in order to see Nanami alive you must get the "best" ending, which consists of not entering the meeting room in your castle but instead going to Tenzan Pass to meet Jowy at the place the friends swore to wait for each other if separated. Do not defeat Jowy in the duels he forces upon Riou, and when he tries to give you his true rune, keep rejecting it. Eventually, the end sequence will start

That's all there is to it folks. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you did not get the good ending then you failed at one of the above points and just didn't realize it. Since there's nothing more to discuss here, I believe we're done.

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: