Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Offical Name
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh i'm a villan when it comes to names,
Ullete, Toluo, tolie, akabar, akbar, oonolou, dongar, ejay...
then are the normal ones, like floobie (my ship in KH and Bahamutt Lagoon)

I still think Zwilg or somting is good, but foursey can do...or Herfouor...Smarkajoo
*shrugs*
or..towl.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ChiByakko wrote:
It gets difficult to talk about the heros because they don't have official names... but that's part of the charm. Even so, I try to keep as close to an official name as I can, for ease of referring to them in conversation.
So far for 4, since there is none, I chose to use what Konami put into the trailer for his name. (I laughed the first time I watched the trailer and saw what another character refered to him as.) It was "Konami." Well, for me, the name stuck. So in my head, it's official, he's Konami. And the name doesn't seem that strange at all to me when I see it now.

I'm very glad that it's not really official though. I'm aware that I'm crazy, but I'd like to think the game designers still have a bit of sanity in them. If we want a more official name, I'd guess we'll have to wait for new novels.

Hah! That's exactly what I did as well! *points vaguely to another thread, somewhere* And I keep expecting to hear his name too, in the spoken dialog, and need to continually remind myself that they don't record the name since you could name him anything. Every freaking time there's a voice scene and his name should be there, I need to remind myself of this.
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would rather like the characters to have names, but I'm more concerned with the main characters having more of a personality. I'm not a fan of having 'the generic hero'. It gives more power to the story, IMHO, as you can feel more of a connection. The relationship between Nanami and Riou was good, but imagine how much better it would have been if we had BOTH of them responding to each other rather than just Nanami being the one to show they had a relationship at all. :lol:

I don't know if we'll eventually get a novel name, as I don't think there was a novel for Suikoden 3. But then, again, there is the manga... and the Flame Champion didn't actually NEED a name as Hugo, Geddoe, and Chris were the real main characters. So really, we'll just have to wait.

Even though I know that Tir and Riou are used in the novels, I still tend to use my original names for Hero1, Hero 2, the Flame Champion, and now Hero 4. That being Hikyuu (means warrior), Hitokage (Person of the Shadows), Ryoko (spirit/demon, as I recall), and Kaizu (sea chart!). Hitokage would've fit Tir more, given the Soul Eater, but I used Hikyuu so many times before that it just feels weird using anything else! :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: