Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Strange topics appearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Strange topics appearing Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been noticing a few strange topics appearing lately with people posting in them who shouldn't have the ability to do so. I noticed two days ago that there was a topic I had deleted with a post from Sage in the new Armes forum and today I noticed in the New Armes' leader's forum a topic that I deleted that had a post from highwind in it.

Both of these, when clicked, said that no posts exist.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those ghost topics appear due to the grand data loss; I think it has something to do with reused topic IDs.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio is correct. We'll continue to get them until we have more topics than we had before the great data loss, so consider it some sort of "aftereffect of the space/time shift" or some role-playing excuse/BS. You're seeing a vision of a future which has been lost.

Technically, this happenes because I salvaged old topics, but the text was lost. This means people have kept their topic count from the lost time (which is good), but these topics lost it's body.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
This means people have kept their topic count from the lost time (which is good), but these topics lost it's body.

Actually, my actual topic count has started to mysteriously decline as well. It's now lower than it was when my account was restored to its 'proper' stats, even though I've started no fewer than 4-5 topics since the data loss.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this happens when the old topic ID is reclaimed by somebody else who make a new topic that overlaps the old topic ID, which means your old topics become over-written by somebody else. Didn't think of that possibility. I have no idea how this can be remedied, though. I'll think about it.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is that why topics appear to have the most random people posting in them, as well? If my topic ID X gets claimed by someone who makes a new topic, then I might see a topid made by Goldmember in the Scarlet Moon Empire, despite him not having access to my forum?

I saw something bizarre like that this morning, and I mostly thought I was going crazy.

The strange part was, I believe it showed a ghost of a topic I had made about nation mods during the time of the data loss, and then (as Timbo described) there was no post ID to it, and it vanished immediately afterwards, though it showed the author as Goldmember.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's probably it.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To fix it, the topics table uses an auto_increment value if I'm correct. Just change the auto_increment value to something > than the last known topic id. For example, pre-crash the last topic created could be number 12100 (example). If this is the case, changing the auto_increment value of the new topics table to 12101 should make it so that no other topic id's are reclaimed.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To fix this you need to do the same operation to the POSTS_TABLE as well. Could just set it to 310000 and nobody should lose anymore "Topics Started" data. A new member has one topic started even though they've only made 1 post (at this time). This means that the POSTS_TABLE needs to have it's auto_increment value increased past where it was before. I figure 310000 is a good number to go with.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, what I was planning is create a new stat augumentation table (which I already have for a future "stat stones feature") and plug in the old topic count in there. I still have the old data, I believe. But this should also work! Thanks Blas!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

weird, gues thats why It said I created the "best Sienfiled character" poll in Harmonia

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: