Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Refugee
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luna Nova wrote:
*Wonders quietly*
...Where did Harukaze get his name from?

I've had the name for roughly eight years. I was born on the first full day of Spring [haru] and study martial arts at the Wind [kaze] School of Isshinkempo Karatedou. The process was a bit more complicated than that. Basically, I was looking through Japanese family names, for something that called out to me. That one did, and when I learned what the characters meant, I latched onto it, since the meaning worked so well.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
me too, well i think i am, I don't think I oould join a forum with a long past and history...I'd feel so left out, empty and so on.

you are brave!

One of the forums I joined (a looong time ago) had been around for about three years, and was pretty huge for a fan forum... (The Final Fantasy, to be exact[TFF]) But After being around there for nearly 4 years the whole.. feeling 'left out' thing washes away. So my point is, spend some quality time with a big forum, that's already established, and you'll be part of it's history. ;)

Yar, I be the wilderness lovin' elf Gil-galad... who lives in the mines of Tinto... O_o Don't ask me how that happened. ^_^ (To tell the truth, I chose to be regional commander of the most foresty/wildernessy place in Suikox's Tinto... so I'm still at home. ^^)

So yesh, nice to meet you Mr. Harukaze, who has yet to become a vegetable, become active here (I see you alreadt have^^), and in your nation board. The nation system here is very unique, and deffinetly fun. Though if you feel left out at your nation, Tinto's always available. ;)

Edit: Just to make it sound more appealing... we hold... secrets... and stuff. And fun games that no other nation could even imagine. Cause Tinto is the best... I mean... we... like... peace... yo.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Left out and empty? Its all about what you believe in mate. I've been here a month and I've already made over 500 posts and became a mod for Harmonia. I'm looking at Harukaze and his involvement is roughly the same as mine. I don't know about him but I personally feel like I'm already a part of the family. I converse with some members of Harmonia via MSN every now and again as well as other members on the forums through PMs. You'll be involved as much as you want to be involved. Just post and you'll be sweet.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jah, no worries about me being involved :) Apparently I'm the third most active member on the site [and only recently knocked down to second by a new member, so we'll see if he can keep up the activity over a longer period of time], so I'd say I'm pretty involved ^_~ *gives a nod to Black Fang as -the- most active member* I'm rather happy Grasslands is where I wound up. It's honestly my favorite nation - if you can call it that - in the entire Suikoden world. The very fact that it isn't a nation and more of a coalition of Tribes is one of the things I loved about it so much, that I was quite happy to land there when I joined the site. I do thank you, Gil-galad, for the invitation, but I am quite happy where I am for now :)

And actually I did declare myself a vegetable. This thread's actually a couple weeks old, only just somehow revived today :) Several pages back you might find my introduction on the Official Introduction thread, where I -believe- I was found to be a turnip. Yes; that sounds about right.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its all about the consistency Harukaze, I've seen a few go up to 45+ (well I did once), but most of them fall down heaps after a few days.....so far I think the two of us have been the only ones keeping this up. I was actually at just over 25 but took a 10 day holiday to Rarotonga so now I'm going back up heh. Its always good to see active posters though as it makes this place all that much better to visit.

I'd say active posters like Harukaze are welcome everywhere (I know he'd be welcome in Harmonia), but I believe that those in the Grasslands value him as a member, and I'm glad he got sorted there since he likes the place. I personally got my favorite nation too. I think Harmonia (from the game point of view) is the best nation out there both military wise and culturally.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, like I said somewhere else, I was glad not to be given to Harmonia purely for the whole not-liking-MSN thing :) But I'm glad you like it there.

You know, I think you were the first person I saw talking about these forums. SARSadmin of course was always good in a discussion in those -other- forums [;)], but I knew nothing really about what SARS itself was until you mentioned to someone else that Harmonia could use someone like him. Think that's when I first realized just what sort of monkey these forums were.

Gotta say, really happy I came over. There are a -lot- more people with whom to have intelligent discussions here than there. And not everything -has- to be a discussion either; you're actually allowed to have an honest-to-God conversation here. Making the switch was definately one of my smarter moves in recent history.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the MSN thing was really only meant for the higher ranking members (most active ones) and its been grat actually as we've all gotten to know each other much better. Of course we don't FORCE anyone to get it though....we just heavily suggest it heh.

I said that about a few people back on Suikosource because with some of the discussions (theories we tried proving) we were having we could have racked up some nice soldiers here hahaha. The freedom to write more was an attraction for me too. I like the serious suikoden based topics but I'm glad to get away from it every now and again. Good to have you here too though.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know, we had some very long posts. I remember one thread you and I had a somewhat bitter argument going on, but it was some of the best discussion I'd had on the topic in longer than I could remember. Can't remember what that one was about in specific though, but I know we had -several- good threads going. Hell, I'd prolly be able to apply for moderator by now if those threads were here instead of there.

Well, okay, maybe not. But I had a good hundred+ posts there, many of which were quite long. Good times, good times. Well, for the most part ;) When not chided for letting the discussion rove, anyway ^_^
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some were arguments but others were just pure out discussions where we tried to figure out why certain events within suikoden are like they are. It was definately fun trying to figure some of that stuff out, but it kinda sucks when SARS swoops in with the official information and kills it all in one post lol. It was definately fun though.

The only reason Lord Saben made me a mod was because he needed someone to fix up the Harmonian forums and I was the only one active at the time haha. Its not all fun and games though. Those that had similar position on other forums know what I mean. I'm glad I'm not an admin though heh. Talk about heavy workloads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: