Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introduction & Does anybody watch South Park?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Introduction & Does anybody watch South Park? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi thurr! I'm The_Hot_Ice, and I'm new (the second 'H' is supposed to be small in 'The'). I am a 20 year old male, 21 in 2 weeks. I don't have a digital camera at the moment, so no pics of me are available yet. Of course I'm guessing that since I don't have boobs you won't care, but I still feel that we should know what each person looks like.

My favorite games are:

1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2) LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete
3) Final Fantasy VI/III
4) Chrono Cross
5) Suikoden III

Out of the Suikoden games I have only played Suikoden III, and I love it. I played it on a recommendation of someone on IGN and I was not disappointed. On my second playthrough I shattered the recorded hours mark for an RPG that I set with Final Fantasy X (135 to 119). I have already posted my favorite characters on the Character Questions board.

A game that I recommend that everybody plays is my second on the list, LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue. It combines sprite-based old school RPG graphics (I believe it was a remake of SegaCD title) with flashy and expensive looking Anime-inspired cutscenes. The only thing I find that turns most people off is the price. A new copy will run you about $80 or so, considering that it's such a big package. However, you get some good things with it, such as a making of disc and the Original Soundtrack (which kicks ass!). If you ever see a copy at EB or wherever, pick it up, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Anyways, now I'll talk about and ask about South Park. Does anybody here watch? It's far and away my favorite show, and I have no idea how Matt Stone and Trey Parker manage to not get sued every episode.

My favorite episodes are (in order):

1 ) Episode 503 - Cripple Fight
2 ) Episode 303 - The Succubus
3 ) Episode 501 - Scott Tenorman must die
4 ) Episode 812 - Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset
5 ) Episode 806 - Goobacks
6 ) Episode 808 - Douche & Turd Sandwich
7 ) Episode 306 - Sexual Harassment Panda
8 ) Episode 615 - The Biggest Douche in the Universe
9 ) Episode 709 - Christian Rock Hard
10 ) Episode 610 - Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society
(And that is really the name of episode 812. It makes fun of Paris Hilton)

My favorite Characters are:

1) Jimmy

2) Butters

3) Cartman (I'm sure you know what he looks like)

4) Tweek

5) Chef

Chef's funny songs

Anyways, this is a great TV show. For the first few years it was funny, but more vulgar. It also got more overexposed than Paris Hilton in One night in Paris, so from about season 3 to season 6 I stopped watching. I only picked it up again about last year. Alot of their humor now has more of a political bend to it, and what they say is true in most cases. I highly recommend you watch it.

And that's about all you need to know about me for now. I'll talk to all of you on the boards I'm sure.

One Love
THI (AKA RO)

EDIT: And I am aware of the introductions thread, but just felt like taking a different path. Introductions should be more than just 'Hello, I am..., you are...' and so on. I felt like describing a few things I liked along the way.

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excuse me Mister Hot Ice I would just like to let you know that considering that there is already a thread for introductions that is probably where that portion of this thread belongs but since I dont have the power to move it i'll leave that to someone else. Anyways I would say your taste in video games is pretty good in my own opinion though I dont personally care for your taste in cartoons. I have never really found South park to be amusing at all but I know a few other people that do so I guess it is an acquired taste so to speak. That is just my personal take on it anyway and I guess you could do worse, I mean hey you could like the power Puff Girls or something like that lol.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are quite an hilarious bunch of people. South Park can be very funny every couple of episodes, and off topic a bit, I loved Team America:World Police. I nearly Laughed myself to death when I watched that movie, I cannot wait for the sequel. I am glad this series has a contract to take them to season 10, so there can only be more hilarious episodes where they bag out celebrities and such. Not quite as long running as The Simpsons, but still very popular. I mean Matt and Trey are legends if they could make a deal with Fox and have an episode with a Simpson theme in it, and the Simpson had an episode very similar with south park in it. The show is funny, and creative so their are few complaints from me...
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome THe_hot_Ice yayyy I got Lunar 2:EB before it got 'spensive. I also enjoy South Park.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good to have a new Harmonian around, be sure to stop in the nation board and introduce yourself there as well!

(BTW, South Park is probably one of the greatest shows every made. You have very good tastes!)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I suppose the South Park part is okay, but introductions need to go into the "Hello I am new" thread.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think South Park used to be funnier, like before season 6. Eventually they starting focusing more on social satire than humor, and the episodes have less comedy and more of their worldviews.

I maintain that the single funniest South Park-related thing produced is the movie, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. It might be the best movie I have ever seen. Even after seeing it a billion times on Comedy Central. It almost seems to me that was the pinnacle of their creation. Its just pure genius.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've actually only seen a few episodes out of season 1 of South Park. It was a long long time ago when the show first came out so I can't really comment on it.

Actually this thread is capable of falling under many different sections of this board via game and anime discussion, suikoden discussion, and the hello I am new thread. It being such a mix, might as well just leave it here.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it lost its appeal for me a long time ago; much like the simpsons, the humor is based on the same things. they don't really offer anything new to draw me back in, so i no longer watch it *or the simpsons.*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love South Park, though it got in a major slump right after the movie came out...but it's been getting steadily better ever since...

Did anyone see this past week's Christmas episode? Best EVER.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it, the Woodland Critter Christmas. It was alright, a pretty funny christmas episode. I liked how in the end it was Cartman telling the story and he made Kyle look like a bad person.

"Everyone lived happily ever after, except Kyle who died of AIDS two years later" :D

But the best South Park Christmas Episode ever remains Red Sleigh Down. I love how Santa is all nice and santa-ish, until the interrogator (who is a parody of the guy who got to interrogate Marky-Mark in Three Kings) shocks his balls.

"I'm gonna f***ing kill you!" :D :D :D :D :D
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

South park is also one of my favorite shows. I caught the christmas episode last wednesday and laughed my ass off. It just never gets old to me. My favorite episode has to be episode #314: The Red Badge of Gayness.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I was more partial to the Lord of the Rings parody. Although, after seeing Critter Christmas, I have to say that episode was interesting, too.

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only started to catch up on episodes in the last couple of months, but I don't think they've gone downhill (well, in terms of tastelessness, yes, but they've managed to maintain the funny).

Anyway, I'd have to put in my vote for Good Times with Weapons. *cough* Actually, in addition to the general hilarity as well as Trey's, uh, singing (Let's Fighting Love), I laughed because it was a bit nostalgic. Well, not so much getting a star stuck in someone's eye, but going on adventures, kids forgetting their safety and freaking out and showing their lack of responsibility whenever someone got hurt...hey, I used to know kids like that XD (and at times, I think we used to be kids like that! :shock:)

I also liked the episode about the Wal-mart(Wall-mart), the episode where they said you-know-what 162 times, and that one episode where, uh...well, actually, the only thing I remember from the episode is Martha Stewart digesting a whole turkey in reverse. Also the episode about Michael Jackson, and the episode about The Passion (Mel Gibson acting like a loon, lol), Hot Ice's choices for #6 and #8, and definitely the one about Lucas and Spielberg.

I always wanted to see the Osama/Cartman episode, but alas, missed it. =(
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think south park is prity funny and my favorit charicter is Kenny.

*use some basic grammar, please*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: