Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Radiata Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Radiata Stories Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Main Site

Ever since someone back in suikosource mentioned that Square Enix decided to make a game like Suikoden, I decided to follow the game for the past few months.

Radiata Stories is this game, and it's developed by Square Enix and tri-Ace. However, aside from the 150 or so playable characters, it seems more like a fantasy version (no technology) of Star Ocean. In fact, the main site that I linked up there contains a trailer in the "Gift" section that has the music from the Cave of Trials and Maze of Tribulations which is Enix's recurring dungeon song. I'm thinking the game itself has a story like Valkyrie Profile, Paper Mario/ Brave Fencer Musashi's interactivity with the environment, and a battle system similar to Star Ocean.

There's a small problem with this game, though. rpgamer

Apparently it costs 7,800 yen or 73 bucks plus change for some reason.

If someone is fluent in Japanese, could you please look the site over and see if there's anything interesting in there? In particular, anything story-related or music-related would be appreciated. [/url]

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm looking forward to it more so that it's made by Tri-Ace than that it's like Suikoden. XD
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game looks very nice.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's with the childish style? I wish the characters were designed half as well as any Suikoden, since it's a turn off for me. If the gameplay doesn't turn out to be ridiculously good, I'm not buying this.
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definately consider buying this game if it goes state side. It has an interesting feel to it.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And they said Suikoden III 3D models were rough.

This game feels like it came out of some fairy tale world though. Interesting concept. I would probably keep an eye on it once we know more about the gameplay itself.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game, itself, is slated for a release date at January 27, 2005 for the Japanese version, but a localization hasn't been announced yet. I figure since it's Square-Enix, the chances of it coming over are pretty good. But how long after the release date, does it usually take to announce the fact that a game will be localized?

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm buying it if it comes to America, solely because Noriyuki Iwadare is apparently doing the music for this game, instead of Motoi Sakuraba, and I enjoy Iwadare's work.

EDIT: However, after looking at the site, I can say that I am grossly underimpressed with the character design. They're just so ugly. I might just have to buy the soundtrack only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: