Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bush arrested in Canada
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't blamed the creator for people potentially believing it was real, only pointed out that with the entire layout and set up being identical to an actual news site, it could easily be perceived as authentic. On first glance, I thought it could possibly be authentic, but certain things like the maple leaf-shaped bruise and Cheney supposedly dropping the f-bomb were blatant clues.

You're right that there were humorous hints dropped in to indicate it was a joke, and it was well executed, at that. But with everything aside from original pictures and content being ripped directly from the CNN site, even though he doesn't try to profit from it, the company would be well within their rights to prosecute for the bandwidth theft.

Nonetheless, I think the creator did a good job, good enough to make the story almost convincing. It would have been better form, though, for him to copy the files to his own space. If he has enough money to buy a domain name, there's no excuse not to put all the necessary files in his own webspace and use his own bandwidth. That is his fault.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're well within their right, but it wouldn't get anywhere-- those damages are so negligible that they couldn't even pursue legal action in small claims court.

And Cheney's dropped the f-bomb in the House before, so why is it everyone says that that is the dead giveaway?
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

My favorite bumper sticker says. "Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft...The Asses of Evil."

my favorite is still "we put in office a Bush, a Dick, and a Colon"

but to stay on topic, the article is good, even though it probably would never happen. I mean Canada doesnt like Bush, but they wouldnt go that far, and SS is alot better than people think they are.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I laughed...and I voted for Bush...so...

Clever use of the CNN layout, though, I was almost fooled. :mrgreen:

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just read the article. it's pretty funny. if you look further in this website, it seems very much like an authentic CNN website. Including this:http://www.world-cnn.com/error.html.

But i would also think that CNN would press www.world-cnn.com to stop using their CNN logo. Meh, what can you do? :roll:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Under Canadian law, even a non-citizen can be charged for crimes committed outside of Canada once that individual enters the country.

does that make sence? I mean, think this way. if somtihng is illege In B,and Not in A,when you enter B, you be arreted?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well maybe if it is considered a crime in A but committed in B, I guess you could still be arrested.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That cnn site is a fake. All of their articles are for hilarious spoofing.

One time a friend posted an article from there at another forum, it said that man juice was nutricious and good for you!
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I've heard that quite a lot and even my science teacher told me it was true. :shock: So... uh... I'm not so sure about that one.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also heard that Human Juice is good and nutritious since it contains all of the vitamins ones need, but I'm not going to try even if that is true because... it is disgusting.

The Bush accident was hilarious, wish it was true, and I too couldn't stop laughing when I had read it the first time.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh that's too bad. I missed out, and now the link is gone. If it's not too much to ask, could someone summarize what was on the site? I'd like to see how funny the whole thing really is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: